FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Muirfield investment?

caley100

I think the £250k will be used to pick the tab up for this season.every season we seem to have to sell something just to break even.dont think these guys are going to throw money at us I think the money got them a seat on the board and what they will bring is there business knowledge which isn't a bad thing.

I hope they are ready to hit the road running because the current ICT Board have resigned en masse this morning.

I wondered why a few expensive looking cars left the stadium in a hurry this morning when I drove by. You should have seen the dust cloud they left.

I#ve just been reading the information about the St Mirren director who got sacked for talking to the rangers secretary and I find it slightly worrying that our dealings with this mystery investment group fall into a similar timescale. Perhaps a bit crazy, but what's to say we're not being set up as the possible direct route back to the spl for rangers following liquidation? Is it just coincidence that the timescales match up and the delays in finalising seem to coincide with delays on the outcome of rangers situation?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I've just read this post for the first time after Kenny Cameron, who spotted it earlier, flagged it up to me! In fact Kenny was quite amused that I was able inadvertently to scupper the above fantastic conspiracy theory by mentioning in my Highland News column this week that I had actually been at school with these guys and played rugby/ done athletics with them - so they are genuine Inverness gentlemen - ex Jaggies if I remember correctly - who I think would recoil in horror at the thought of being thought of as Rangers in disguise! :lol: Edited by Charles Bannerman

Charles, I am shocked to learn that you are/have been withholding information sought by the readership and public who pay your fees and/or provide you with your platform as a reporter/journalist.

Looks like that recent TV documentary about the control that football clubs have over the Scottish Media runs deeper than we might have wanted to believe!!!

:tongueincheek:

OK Charles if you went to school with these mysterious, "exiled Invernessian entrepeneurs" you'll have no problem naming names in your journalistic capacity. The fact that they've been "outed" by your good self as ex-jaggies would possibly account for their apparent reluctance to broadcast their names - I'd be keeping quiet too :smile:

Joking aside we could do with a degree of transparency from these guys.

OK Charles if you went to school with these mysterious, "exiled Invernessian entrepeneurs" you'll have no problem naming names in your journalistic capacity. The fact that they've been "outed" by your good self as ex-jaggies would possibly account for their apparent reluctance to broadcast their names - I'd be keeping quiet too :smile:

No can do. Fair enough the name "Muirfield Mills" enabled me to work out who they probably were on the basis of stuff I knew from the past. However I then had to rely on a contact to confirm my suspicions so I feel obliged to respect their wishes for anonymity and regard that as privileged off the record information which I am not prepared to place in the public domain - unless the names appear anywhere else in the media in which case I would then feel entitled to broadcast the information within the hour.

No can do. Fair enough the name "Muirfield Mills" enabled me to work out who they probably were on the basis of stuff I knew from the past. However I then had to rely on a contact to confirm my suspicions so I feel obliged to respect their wishes for anonymity and regard that as privileged off the record information which I am not prepared to place in the public domain - unless the names appear anywhere else in the media in which case I would then feel entitled to broadcast the information within the hour.

Are you sure you could wait that long.

Is the name to do with an Edinburgh glof club and Bridgemill direct. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they were born in a windmill next to a field in Muir of Ord.

Edited by 12th Man

Dearie me Charles. Your reluctance to name names is akin to the journalistic vacuum that surrounded the Murray/White/HMRC debacle. The conventional media (papers/tv/radio) have been totally usurped by unofficial bloggers (i.e. rangers tax case, scots law thoughts, etc.) due to the former's reluctance to rock the establishment's boat. It's a sad state of affairs.

I really struggle to understand the need for such anonymity from these guys. Once again I'm not knocking their investment but we should know who they are and what their plans are.

Perhaps a look at Charlie's year book will unearth clues to the others who certainly were not all Jeggies !!

Jeeezis Johndo... you have completely lost track of how old I and (subtract 3ish) you actually are!!

Year Book! Fer Gawd sake mun, Year Books hadn't been invented when I was a kid nor probably when you also were (still are :lol: ?)

But even if we had Year Books back in them days (cue Horlicks music), even with who were still left by Sixth Year you would still have about 120 to choose from.

Maybe a better guide might be for you to think of which Sixth Years in 1971 gave you a right good kicking for being the little Third Year irritant most deserving of the privilege.

On second thoughts forget that... there would be far too many to choose from! :lol:

Oh and by the way... you ARE going to Dungwall next season!!!!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Smell of power struggle going on here. Word has it that Sandy Catto invested a further £250k last year to keep these people out but has now been shafted big style!

Word is wrong.

So tell us more CD