FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Muirfield investment?

caley100

A company can call itself anything it wants....Trading Name does not have to be the same as the companies registered name. Nothing immediately sinister or unusual with such things, happens all the time.

In fact, the ICT Supporters Trust (our "Trading Name") is registered under the name ICT Supporters Society Ltd.

OK so if STV's story, filed back on the 20th and quoted further up this thread, that the deal would go through "within the next seven days" is going to be correct, then the white smoke will have to appear tomorrow (Tues 27th.)

On the other hand back in the autumn, STV and an Aberdeen based local newspaper were both reporting that the deal was expected to go through by the end of October 2011.

OK so if STV's story, filed back on the 20th and quoted further up this thread, that the deal would go through "within the next seven days" is going to be correct, then the white smoke will have to appear tomorrow (Tues 27th.)

On the other hand back in the autumn, STV and an Aberdeen based local newspaper were both reporting that the deal was expected to go through by the end of October 2011.

Maybe we should stop listening to STV then.

Absolutely not! They do a very comprehensive sport roundup just after 6:15 Mon - Fri - in which I now trust Ross County will also figure more prominently, given their pending SPL status.

All I am saying is that, given the nature of the Muirfield Mills scenario, it's maybe not the best idea to predict the timing of an outcome.

The Members Club voting right was transferred to the Supporters Trust.

Yes but he also stated that the Tulloch/Sutherland shares would be transferred to the supporters trust after 5 years if my memory serves me correctly.

He said they would be transferred to the Football Trust which is a totally different thing.

Don't think so Caley D cos there was no Football Trust talked about at that time. Maybe others who attended that meeting could back me up? Long time ago I know but surely there must be someone on this site who was also at that meeting?

Wasn't at that meeting but I do wonder if confusion has arisen by the use of the word 'Trust'. Did Sutherland say he would transfer his shareholding to Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust or did he say Inverness Caledonian Thistle Trust Ltd. The latter is a company registered in 2000 by Sutherland and it would be very easy for the brain to register he was referring to the former when in fact it was the latter. As I say, I wasn't there but I do remember the reports at the time and thinking he was going to be very generous but now the more I look at it I wonder if I also took the wrong meaning from what was said.

I#ve just been reading the information about the St Mirren director who got sacked for talking to the rangers secretary and I find it slightly worrying that our dealings with this mystery investment group fall into a similar timescale.

Perhaps a bit crazy, but what's to say we're not being set up as the possible direct route back to the spl for rangers following liquidation? Is it just coincidence that the timescales match up and the delays in finalising seem to coincide with delays on the outcome of rangers situation?

Think your reading too much into things. For your suggestion to happen Rangers would need to relocate to Inverness. They moan about coming here to play. Cant see us being the new Rangers.

Didn't airdrie buy out Clydebank and relocate to airdrie?

Think your reading too much into things. For your suggestion to happen Rangers would need to relocate to Inverness. They moan about coming here to play. Cant see us being the new Rangers.

Didn't airdrie buy out Clydebank and relocate to airdrie?

Couple of differences. 23 miles against 170. Clydebank were going to the wall anyway, as had Airdrieonians. One team was resurrected out of two dead ones.

I find this whole "group of expatriate Invernessians" line a bit disconcerting. Why don't they come out from the shadows and tell us who they actually are? What percentage of the share capital of the club have they purchased, etc. etc....

I'm not knocking the investment but why the cloak and dagger act ? I think a degree of transparency on this deal would be appropriate and welcome to the majority of interested onlookers.

• Agree 6

I would guess that £250k would get them around 12%. On top of that they've negotiated the voting rights on 30% shareholding held by Sutherland's trust. What that means I dont know.

According to the courier its for a 10% stake and are now trustees of the Inverness Caledonian Trusts 20% share of the club, which shows a greater degree of honesty in publishing this and its great news to read of people investing their time, experience and money for the right reasons.

Whats next? perhaps there are more individuals out there who are doing OK financially and would like to invest in the local team of their place of birth or perhaps they have moved here and fallen in love with the area. I'm assuming its still £1 a share.