FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Forres say cheerio to the Highland League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forres_Mechanics_F.C.

Good effort from a very bored Can Can!

Forres Mechanics F.C.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Forres Mechanics Football Club are a senior Scottish football club but currently playing in the Barclays Premier League in England. They were founded in 14BC,they are the oldest club in football history and play at Mosset Park also known as in Forres. Their nickname is the Can-Cans. The club is eligible to play in the Uefa Champions League and have won the cup a record 10 times. The club was recently taken over by Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour, who has promised to invest a hefty £8 Billion a Year to club. Lionel Messi has hinted a summer move to the greatest club in the world. Charlie Rowley, the manager has been contacted by Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Argentina but he turned them down, but who wouldn't when your already managing the Best team in the world. Pele once said " It would've been a dream to play for a club like Forres, Sadly, they was turned down my request to join the club, saying I wasn't good enough and my technical ability wasn't up to Forres Standards. I have to agree with them. There too good."

The club were one of the founder members of the Highland Football League but have only won the SPL 32 times and the European Cup 10 times.

The club's home ground, Mosset Park, is the largest ground in the world hosting a maximum crowd of 102,438 people.

On the Monday after 'The Can-Cans' 2010 Highland League Cup success, manager Gordon 'Boggle' Winton announced he was resigning his post, due to work commitments. His assistant, Charlie Rowley, took over as manager and has continued the great work he and Boogle set out to do.

Contents

[hide]

• 1 Honours
  • 2 Personnel

• 2.1 Management
    • 2.2 Club officials

[*]3 Links

[*]4 References

[edit] Honours

• Champions League : 1998, 2004, 2006, 2011
  • European Cup : 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
  • Highland Football League: 1985–86
  • Scottish Qualifying Cup: 1963–64
  • Scottish North Cup: 1954–
  • Highland League Cup: 1946–47, 1954–55, 1984–85, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2001–02, 2009–10
  • North of Scotland Cup: 1907–08, 1926–27, 1935–35, 1957–58, 1966–67, 1986–87, 2004–05, 2010-2011
  • Inverness Cup: 1985–86, 1989–90, 2005–06
  • Elgin & District Cup: 1892–93, 1893–94, 1894–95, 1900–01, 1909–10, 1910–11, 1911–12, 1926–27, 1932–33, 1933–34

[edit] Personnel

[edit] Management

• Manager: Charlie Rowley - Better than Sir Alex Ferguson
  • Coach: Matt Beattie -
  • Player/Coach: Charlie Brown
  • Kitman: William J McLean
  • Paramedic: David (Mac) McMahom
  • Vice-Chairman: Mickael Adkin
  • Vice-Chairman: David Mackintosh
  • Secretary: David Macdonald
  • Treasurer: Michael Gregson

Edited by CapitalCaley

I have a real soft spot for Forres (frequently pronounced locally as "Four - ass"). Apart from the fact that it's a lovely town and Grant Park/ Cluny Hill is a great place for a run, I also like the way Mechanics have gone about their business - and without having thrown money at the situation like a lot of other Highland League clubs, especially in Aberdeenshire. Forres now, with four games left, sit 9 points clear of Cove who have a game in hand so it's looking good for them to win their first title since Harry McFadden's days in the mid 80s.

Certainly Clach did Forres a big favour yesterday with their 1 all draw at Cove - which for Clach is actually a fifth league game in a row undefeated.

And you can hardly say that Clach have been throwing money at the situation! :lol:

Watched Buckie V Forres last week and they certainly look title favs now,despite getting the keeper sent off for a stupid retaliation, the 10 men battled and did well to snatch the 3 points.Look forward to watching their champions league games!

Edited by Heilandee