FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Do you still believe?

Dmacca

heart says - yeah 3 points blind faith style

Head says - possible but only if all our cogs are in place and the proverbial holes line up

third part says - i want us to lose as i have gone for a 2-1 loss in gringos prediction league and i need to creep back up the league a bit

Its possible, Ive witnessed every single player we have play exceptionally well so I know how good they can be.

Maybe its time to chillax a little and instead of aiming for perfection most of the time, just try and be good.

As for 3 points why not, Ive seen ICT play outstandingly good and lose, Ive also seen them be poor and win.

So I'll settle for being good and see if the points come our way.

i hardly think going to perth is a fixture we should fear - in fact no team in Scotland at the moment I am fear`t of ....except one.

and thats US !............ yep we`re definately harem scarem this season !

I always have hope, it's what supporting a team and following them is all about and is far better than expectation. With hope you are less likely to be be disappointed than with expectation.

For tomorrow though if we play like we did in the first 60mins of the Hibs game then yeah I genuinly believe that we can get three points

I always have hope, it's what supporting a team and following them is all about and is far better than expectation. With hope you are less likely to be be disappointed than with expectation.

This, completely. Maybe I'm naturally pessimistic, but I've never really felt this 'belief' thing. Mostly I follow the team because I enjoy the whole ritual of game days, and for those amazing results or performances that sometimes happen. Under Pele, the completely cavalier approach to football was also a big factor for me. I suppose this lack of 'belief' or high expectations is why I never really feel the need to call for a manager's head, although the way we played in the last couple of months under Brewster was an exception. TBH, the team has far exceeded what I might have hoped for when I started following them - I don't think there's another team in Scotland that would have been more enjoyable to support over the past 15-odd years.

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 3

What an excellent post Mary. It should always be about the life long experience and the "ups and downs" along the way. That is what life is all about really. I really do believe that we can/could beat anybody on the day - not expect just belive (hope). Your words have brightened up my day as I believe that things can only get better.

Yup Maryhill ... gotta agree on most of that and after beginning to follow Toronto FC in addition to Caley Thistle, I do double duty in terms of the rollercoaster of emotions that a football club can bring out in you ..... lots of similarities between the teams but thats for another post.

When I started following ICT it was good to watch a game and enjoy the event win lose or draw, then you get attached and it hurts a little to fail, even so no team will be 100% successful, I have and still do really enjoy what I believe to be ICT mentality, the we are all in this together players & fans alike type feel, very much like my home club Bristol Rovers who amongst other things have been labelled "Rag Tag Rovers" in the past, but have always been close knit, I find it much more attractive to watch a team who probably will never be the outstanding club but overcome the odds now and again to punch above their weight, I think the club deserve to be in this league and my honest opinion is that it should be good enough to finish at the higher end of the bottom half of the table, to finish in the top 6 would be fantastic and should be the minimum ambition for the club, after that a European place would be magnificent, a proud achievement if and when it happens.

As others have posted you should always believe!

• Agree 3

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows

I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come to show the way

I believe, I believe

I believe above the storm the smallest pray'r will still be heard

I believe that someone in the great somewhere hears every word

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf or see the sky,

Then I know why I believe!

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows

I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come to show the way