FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

OTJ Deal Done

CaleyD

As he has a dreadful injury record I think a one yr deal was wise in this case. Glad to see him sign!

Aye, glad he signed on again... another 7 players and we might have a squad....

Yet another 1 year deal ! sorry but why cant we put deals in place with an option for another deal at least ?

Looking at OTJ's injury record do you really think that would be a wise move?

Same with Chris Hogg no point in getting him signed up on a two year deal cause of his injury record

Glad we got him signed up going to be a key player for us this season me thinks

Edited by WYNESS101

He's the size of a house these days! I tell you though, I saw him playing for Formartine a while back and his passing was still tremendous - I'd go as far as to say that he was the best distributor of the ball I saw all of last season.

Yet another 1 year deal ! sorry but why cant we put deals in place with an option for another deal at least ?

Looking at OTJ's injury record do you really think that would be a wise move?

the OPTION of another year, ie we stay up you play x amount of games we can sign you for another year, covers the club, gives the player something to aim for etc.

My issue is with these straight 1 year deals we never have a settled squad, we will go through the same thing every single season, rebuild AGAIN

Hopefully he can stay fit and perform well this season, I'm sure if thats the case then come Jan discussions of a new contract would take place (well thats my hope). Being on a tight budget its a risk signing an injury prone player long term if the problem proves to be presistent. Lets hope he can find form and get back into the Wales set up - would further boost our club profile.

we will be in the exact same situation next summer, players leaving and having to look around for new players. I am not saying that we should have offered him a 5 year deal or anything like that, but an OPTION for a second year if he played enough games, and we stayed up.

Oatsy, very few players will sign for more than a year with a club of our stature. It's often the case that the players/agents are pulling the strings and we can do nothing about it but accept the offer of a 1 year contract or not get the player at all.

All different scenario's though. Quality of player, quality of club, quality of offer. The club might have wanted a longer deal, but his agent would no doubt advise against it. As I see it, it is not always the clubs fault that players only sign 1 year deals. The flip side of the coin is if we got relegated, that would do nothing for OTJ's aspirations and anything longer than a one year deal would not be in his best interest.