FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

James Beatie

Laurence

If Accrington Stanley can  play an England International, like James Beattie , makes you wonder if we could entice him to the Highlands, can't imagine Accrington have him on much of a  contract. I know he is a coach, There must be a chance?  Faint heart never blah  a tin pig.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20274301

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20738490

Edited by Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought he could play in the pocket and do some coaching, remember he played for England, he would be great to have on the bench, don't tell me you would sooner have a kid like Philip Roberts.

remember he played for England, he would be great to have on the bench

He's pish and would want way too much cash for us to have him as a bench warmer, we could probably have 10 kids of better quality for less than his wage demands would be. May as well call for us to sign Emile Heskey - he played for Engerlund too.

me too! would have a young player in my squad before a 35 year old everytime.

Depends on the 35 year old. There are a few about I would have in the squad in a flash but emphatically not James Beattie who was past his sell by date half a dozen years ago.

I wasn't being serious  I must apolgise to Philip - Must have had too many toddies that day.

I could make a good Ref though on a good day. I used to Ref junior football, but my  main games are  Rugby League, Badminton , and cricket. I still play Badminton

Not bad at Contract Bridge, Monopoly, or Risk.

Or just growing old.

or below

Edited by Laurence