FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Champions League

County1966

Afternoon all its Jim again from Newport! Dare I say it with out putting the mockers on it for you but you guys are looking good for that second spot.

Whats your personal take on it have you got the players to secure that place

And hows Gary playing of late? he has popped down twice this season to watch us doing well in the Conference with another former player of ours Sam Foley now hes a player that could do a job for you

Anyway if your after a footy fix this is our latest game

All the best fellas

Jim

Gary is playing very well but I would take a top six as we have never done that before and 2nd only secures a Europa spot, still this would be amazing but it will be hard

Oh sorry whats happened there then I thought the second placed team in SPL was in CL

Nothing to do with the demise of Rangers but a consequence of our co-efficiency rating dropping due to consistently poor performances by our sides in Europe in recent seasons. Still, a place in the Europa Cup would not be sniffed at.

And a chance to improve that co-efficient

• Agree 3

It was until Sevco were put to the third division, stereotypically Scotland are rubbish without both the old firm teams

So now just like the Welsh Premiership you only get one spot, thats wrong

Not wrong, unfortunately. We are precisely where we deserve to be in terms of the rules. As someone who is old enough to remember when Scottish clubs, not just the Old Firm, were challenging for European silverware it saddens me greatly.

I agree with Kingsmills!

Not just the clubs either.

Having taught most of my days in a high school I'm really sad at how little our national team means to youngsters of 14 or so.

They don't have any memories of Scotland being able to compete, and talking about greats like Dalglish, McGrain, Jordan, Law, Bremner etc just makes you sound like somebody's grandad ......

Edited by TheMantis

Afternoon all its Jim again from Newport! Dare I say it with out putting the mockers on it for you but you guys are looking good for that second spot.

Whats your personal take on it have you got the players to secure that place

And hows Gary playing of late? he has popped down twice this season to watch us doing well in the Conference with another former player of ours Sam Foley now hes a player that could do a job for you

Anyway if your after a footy fix this is our latest game

All the best fellas

Jim

O'Conner looks good, what was the deal with the ballboy and the towel?