FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Half Time Entertainment

Harry Chibber

What is the crack???

I can't believe we can't come up with anything to entertain the crowd at half time... I'm sure a couple of teams from the YOuth League would be gagging to have penalty competition infront of the crowd, or does anyone remember Titch having the competitions at half time to hit the ball in the back of the vw beatle??

I don't think the club realise this will also attract people to the stadium

Get yer finger oot!!

I know they are looking at this and have been for some time.  Some good suggestions have been raised to get people involved.  I think the supporters trust could be involved, but there are restrictions as to what we could do.

Best I can tell you for now is that the club are aware that both pre match and half time entertainment would improve the overall day and even possibly get the crowd going.

You had spud (the County fan) piper for New Year - what more do you want.  :006:

Guest kingkojak

half time entetainment??? 

they couldnt even produce enough boody pies for the fans at half time let alone any feckin 'entertainment'

Very true, the catering leaves a lot to be desired, on a cold feckin day they run out of pies  :009:  got mine just a wee while before they ran out.

Also the shop nearest the north stand, two queues form one from the door and one from the stairs end, so they have one girl serving the steps queue and 3 serving the door queue ??*** ? why... untill i created they would not have noticed.

When I went to the Walsall v Torquay match a few weeks ago their HT entertainment was very enjoyable and, perhaps, something ICT could do. What they did was to go around the crowd prior to the HT whistle and select a few kids from both sets of supporters to take part in a beat the goalie contest with the clubs mascot in goal. They gathered the kids in the centre circle and they had to run with the ball from the halfway line to try and score. I think there were some small prizes for those that scored.

I think having the youngsters on the pitch doing some sort of competition for the whole season would be an ace idea.  I remember that we used to have the cheerleaders, what happened to them?

What about having wee 5-aside compos with supporters, or a hit the bar comp.

I know they are looking at this and have been for some time.  Some good suggestions have been raised to get people involved.  I think the supporters trust could be involved, but there are restrictions as to what we could do.

Best I can tell you for now is that the club are aware that both pre match and half time entertainment would improve the overall day and even possibly get the crowd going.

You had spud (the County fan) piper for New Year - what more do you want.  :006:

Spud! a County fan! Him from Aviemore too! I dont believe it :015:

Seriously though, there is a need for decent entertainment though. Falkirk used to do a competition to win a car. Cant remember how it worked though but it was something to do with scoring three goals from the centre spot with obsticles in the way. Mind you it was Brockville where you had to shoot over a mountain first. Never ever knew of anyone who actually achieved it.

In Scottish Cup games last year or the year before, Tennents were sponsoring a competition where a fan took 3 penalties and had to hit the left post, right post and the bar. Not easy to achieve, but simple to run.