FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

£200 Bill

djh222

According to the BBC gossip column, Dundee have sent a £200 bill to Terry Butcher to cover  the damage he caused after smashing a hole in the plexi glass with his fist in the dugout.

If I were him I'd got tell them to f*ck off. Anyone else feel that was a bit harsh from Dundee and also TB for smashing the glass in the first place?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21752116 Just for you Pull My Finger

Edited by djh222
  • Agree 1

I think they are quite right, rather foolish thing to do.  Who do you think should pay it?

The material and someone to repair it would cost a few bob I'b sure.

• Agree 1

Clubs often send bills to each other when damage is done ... the most common is fans breaking or ripping out seats ..... seems fair enough to me.

Very poor example.  It is good that he is passionate about the game but he needs to keep it in check.  His reaction to a bad decision or a bad mistake by one of the players should reflect how he expects his players to react on the park to the same incidents.  Just as an example, last week Villa's young defender Nathan Baker scored a howler of an OG in the crunch relegation match against Reading.  Rather than kick the post and swear, Baker's team mate Vlaar came over, put his arm round his shoulder and gave him a few words of encouragement.  Baker never put a foot wrong for the rest of the match.

I don't know what the specific incident was that caused Terry to lose it but I have certainly seen him lose it before when players make bad mistakes.  Players know well enough themselves when they have fouled up and seeing their manager behave like that is hardly going to help in getting their confidence back.  Get a grip, Terry!

• Agree 1

I'd far rather have a passionate manager who is clearly frustrated and upset when things don't go well than one who sits in the dugout collecting a wage and barely gives a toss.

If that means we/he picks up the odd bill for a broken bit of perspex or a door or whatever, then so be it.

• Agree 6

Terry's a gent and I'm sure he'll have already apologised and offered to pay. But with this being Dundee FC, if I were him I'd also make a follow up visit in a few weeks time to see if the funds have actually been used for the stated purpose.

On my 5 minute walk back to the car, I had to dodge more piles of dogshit on the pavement than I can ever remember encountering in this country.

On my 5 minute walk back to the car, I had to dodge more piles of dogshit on the pavement than I can ever remember encountering in this country.

Did you see any dogs? Ehm just sayin ken...

• Agree 1

Agree with CD - that to me purely emphasises his frustration and passion. I will pay the £200 if he does summation similar to Derek Adams.

I'll go halfers with you on that one

He's passionate, cares for the cause and shares the fans frustrations, agreed its a poor example to set but he came out immediately after the game and owned up, apologised and offered to pay which is the right thing to do. Given the frustration of the fans and the 2nd half performance I'm surprised TB was restrained enough not to do more damage.

While walking back to the car I passed a fine young local chap in sportswear trying all the doors of the parked cars as he ambled along the streets.

• Agree 1

We should have a whip round and get him one of those punch bag dummy things for the dugout.

No need for a whip round.  There will be one of those dummy things in the away dug out this weekend!! :wink:

• Agree 3

Very poor example.  It is good that he is passionate about the game but he needs to keep it in check.  His reaction to a bad decision or a bad mistake by one of the players should reflect how he expects his players to react on the park to the same incidents.  Just as an example, last week Villa's young defender Nathan Baker scored a howler of an OG in the crunch relegation match against Reading.  Rather than kick the post and swear, Baker's team mate Vlaar came over, put his arm round his shoulder and gave him a few words of encouragement.  Baker never put a foot wrong for the rest of the match.

I don't know what the specific incident was that caused Terry to lose it but I have certainly seen him lose it before when players make bad mistakes.  Players know well enough themselves when they have fouled up and seeing their manager behave like that is hardly going to help in getting their confidence back.  Get a grip, Terry!

So what you are saying is Terry should sit down and shut up?

Get a hold of yourself mun - can all the role model p1sh.  I'd rather our football manager was a passionate football manager than a "role model".

I think 99% of the footballing world found this rather amusing and I'm sure he'll happily pay for the damage he caused.  No harm done.

Next...

• Agree 1