FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

what country?

Rival

IIRC you can't be drawn against a team from the same country as you.

Yeah, that's correct. I was looking at this years draw as well and noticed St. Johnstone got Turkish opposition - my memory of it being regionalised is maybe from a few seasons back. It didnt appear at all regionalised this year!

Lets talk about this after the season ends.

I can't believe people are actually talking about Europe.(before anything is confirmed)

I'm delighted we are in the top 6.

Why shouldn't we talk about it? Whats the point of a ICT football forum if we can't talk about possible future events which are quite exciting to discuss. This forum has NO effect on the players and management, it doesn't add pressure or relieves any, it's just a place where people chat about ICT. If we don't qualify for Europe I'm sure Terry won't be saying "It was the fault of people on CTO for adding unnecessary pressure on the boys".  

• Agree 2

My bro lives in sweden lovely stadiums there and overall nice place to go and everyone is taught english in school and loads of people from the uk in gothenberg and If we got drawn against them (dunno if we can) then it would be great people who moved there would watch a uk team regardless of who it was I am sure the smaller stadiums would sell out hell I watched a spurs game awhile back there and lots of people going just because they love football and im sure it wasnt a swedish team either.

so long and short of it sweden ;)

Lets talk about this after the season ends.

>>>I can't believe people are actually talking about Europe.(before anything is confirmed)

I'm delighted we are in the top 6.

Why shouldn't we talk about it? Whats the point of a ICT football forum if we can't talk about possible future events which are quite exciting to discuss. This forum has NO effect on the players and management, it doesn't add pressure or relieves any, it's just a place where people chat about ICT. If we don't qualify for Europe I'm sure Terry won't be saying "It was the fault of people on CTO for adding unnecessary pressure on the boys".  

Do you not think you might be tempting fate a little bit?

At the start of the year i would have bitten your hand off for the top 6, yes we are in a fantastic position as it stand, but can you imagine if we didn't make Europe and everyone here is talking about booking holidays & where we are going etc?

Edited by jamie ictfc

Nations that were left in this seasons 2nd Qualifying round were as follows:

Azerbaijan

Turkey

Croatia

Sweden

Macedonia

Belarus

Serbia

Finland

Switzerland

Bulgaria

Albania

Ukraine

Israel

Czech

Estonia

Moldolva

Holland

Lithuania

Slovakia

Romania

Georgia

Slovenia

Luxemborg

Russia

Latvia

Norway

Bosnia

Cyprus

Poland

Denmark

Ireland

Kazakhstan

Armenia

Austria

Hungary

Belguim

Greece

N. Ireland

Iceland

Montenegro

Scotland

40 Different possible destinations (not including Scotland) there!

I would quite like Croatia, Iceland or Cyprus.

Well, this list could change for two reasons:

1. UEFA ranking, the were shifts, especially Switzerland has climbed a few places.

2. Success in the first round, e.g. the Liechtenstein team was eliminated last year but could beat opposition from Luxemburg or Latvia this year

Plenty of folk love a bit of "If I won the lottery.." banter.

Are they all twisting fate or influencing the future.

Bleh. We can all hope and dream as we please, cheers.

Personally, somewhere close has the opportunity to bring more fans. Somewhere obscure or tiny.. just to say we have ;)

True PMF, I just wanted to say that a border with China doesn't automatically disqualify a country to be recognized as European. Going with that, one could say that Turkey is only 3% European, Cyprus is somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea, Iceland somewhere in the Atlantic and not in Europe. Israel is completely surrounded by countries that play in Asia. Heck, even the UK is not on the European continent but a few miles off in the North Sea!

Edited by Rainbow

True PMF, I just wanted to say that a border with China doesn't automatically disqualify a country to be recognized as European. Going with that, one could say that Turkey is only 3% European, Cyprus is somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea, Iceland somewhere in the Atlantic and not in Europe. Israel is completely surrounded by countries that play in Asia. Heck, even the UK is not on the European continent but a few miles off in the North Sea!

My point was that it is in Asia not Europe, just as you rightly pointed out Israel is. However I have since done a little research (which I should have done before) and find that the western most part of Kazhakstan on the west bank of the Ural river is indeed in Europe.

If we manage to secure a place in the Europa Cup, I'd love to draw Almaty. The women are beautiful, they've been a  melting pot for Asian and European genes for centuries. :smile:

The regional thing was abolished in 2009. I would love it if we got a Greek team, but would also be very happy with Turkey - sounds like the St. Johnstone fans had a great time there last year.

Saints also lost a lot of money during their little euro tie. 

Better to get something nearer home till we get the big boys eh.....

Plenty of people on here giving it big licks about what country they can't wait to visit but they don't normally make it to an away game further than Dingwall.

Let's not get into this "I go to more away matches than you so I am a more loyal fan then you" nonsense. 

The reasons why people go to particular matches whether it be home or away are matters for them.  Some folk wish to and are able to get to most matches.  That's great.  Other folk for financial, work, or personal reasons (caring for a disabled loved one, for example) only manage to get to a few games.  Going to away matches can involve planning and pulling in favours from others and therefore that will tend to be the glamour ties or special occasions rather than Wednesday evening in Kilmarnock. 

I accept that there are also plenty of folk who don't have the same level of commitment to the team as others and who could but simply don't want to go week in and week out.  Of course, it would be great if they went to more matches but they are unlikely to do so if others make them feel that they are not proper supporters.

If we get into Europe it would be great if we got good support for away matches (note the optimistic plural).  If folk who rarely manage to get to away matches can sort things out in order to be part of that historic chapter in the club's history, then we should all join together in giving the best possible support for the team.  Having a small group of regular supporters questioning the right of others to be there really isn't very helpful.  CaleyJags Together and all that.

• Agree 7

Plenty of people on here giving it big licks about what country they can't wait to visit but they don't normally make it to an away game further than Dingwall.

Let's not get into this "I go to more away matches than you so I am a more loyal fan then you" nonsense. 

The reasons why people go to particular matches whether it be home or away are matters for them.  Some folk wish to and are able to get to most matches.  That's great.  Other folk for financial, work, or personal reasons (caring for a disabled loved one, for example) only manage to get to a few games.  Going to away matches can involve planning and pulling in favours from others and therefore that will tend to be the glamour ties or special occasions rather than Wednesday evening in Kilmarnock. 

I accept that there are also plenty of folk who don't have the same level of commitment to the team as others and who could but simply don't want to go week in and week out.  Of course, it would be great if they went to more matches but they are unlikely to do so if others make them feel that they are not proper supporters.

If we get into Europe it would be great if we got good support for away matches (note the optimistic plural).  If folk who rarely manage to get to away matches can sort things out in order to be part of that historic chapter in the club's history, then we should all join together in giving the best possible support for the team.  Having a small group of regular supporters questioning the right of others to be there really isn't very helpful.  CaleyJags Together and all that.

I go to more away matches than you do.

• Agree 2

I go to more away matches than you do.

Maybe,  But, how many games do you actually get to see!  :nanananana:

• Agree 1

You can always tell who aren't regular away game folk at Dingwall away, because about three-quarters of the away end leave right at the final whistle.  This is not appropriate away game etiquette! mad.gif

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...