FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ref's

CaleyThistle

Before I say anything, I don't want to sound bitter. We didn't play great today, we didn't deserve to get anything and I accept that.

My point is, how many appalling referee displays have ICT had this season?? Every team get decisions their way and every team get decisions for them but I feel as though we have had so many against us this season. It seems like every other week there is something controversial!

Anyway that is what I think just wondering what your thought are. And as I said, I really don't want to sound bitter those are just my views!

The standard has been poor not only in Scotland. The reason is simply there are no better refs. Those who could be better either don't become refs at all or stay in lower leagues because they don't want to cope with the pressure by especially the media (like I did). Those who hunt the glory of being a top level ref are too weak to cope with it.

Wonder why though?   they gell well bloody paid - over £3k plus expenses a month just for 4 games!!   its the complete lack of communication that irritates me, they demand respect yet cant even apologise or explain decisions that are so wrong. 

Also to see the standard of the couple of games that the Luxembourg ref's officiated a couple of seasons ago showed how poor our ref's were.

The referee's here should stop and think for a few seconds and consult linesmen (heaven help us) instead of running in brandishing cards in a huge ego trip.

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 2

Who was the last "liked" referee ?

Thats a tough one eh,  might have to have a chat over a Smiths in the Innes!    Prob Willie Young, at least he gave as good as he got. Last of the great refs!

Willie Young refereed games from the centre circle due to his lack of mobility, hence why he got so many decisions wrong regarding penalties

Sadly Scottish referees have declined in standard at the same alarming rate as Scottish football has done

Dougal

Who was (is) the guy who used to run backwards even faster than most refs could run forwards? He should be mentioned for hilarity value alone.

I would have mentioned Craig Thomson as one of the best of a poor lot - before Saturday :sad: but I see TB has now accepted the decision was right :ohmy:

At the game I thought it was more a clash of legs in a chase for the ball but I did wonder at DR's lack of appeal at the time.

Also to see the standard of the couple of games that the Luxembourg ref's officiated a couple of seasons ago showed how poor our ref's were.

Few people know that the top referees from Luxembourg officiate in the second French tier, some also in the 4th German. Alain Hamer was even a regular in the Ligue 1 for 10 years or so.