Loan stars

Yngwie

Wyness is probably the one that stands out as the most successful player to have initially come in on loan and even then he didn't that well when he first arrived.

Certainly under Butchers lead we haven't had too many successful loan players although Golabart, who divides opinion, and perhaps Davies could be held up as more successful loan signings.

Edited by RiG

Darren Mackie and Bajram Fetai are two that stick out in my memory as stinkers. Golobart for me had a great attitude and clearly had the potential to do well but I always cringed whenever he went near the ball. It would either be a magnificent piece of skill to outwit the attacker or hand the attacker a gilt edge chance.

David Davis is one who instantly sticks out as a very successful loanee, cant think of too many others to have had such a positive impact

I can recall Darren Mackie showing real potential in his first league game at Raif Rovers. Lets face it he didn't want to be with us in the first place and then picked up injuries. If he had been committed to the cause he would have been immense but would have quickly gone in the transfer windows. TB appeared to have issues with Davis and his in and out of the team spoilt it fer him and us. Roberts was never played correctly in my opinion and became a better choice as a wide player than Shane. Golobart looked the part from the off and was persevered with despite some dodgy performances. Charlie Taylor was as goog as we have had.

Mihadjuks was a great loan signing, Golobart as well, David Davis also showed some real quality in the games he played, too bad he lacked stickability. Aaron Doran fitted in almost instantly to the team, was delighted when we got him back as our own. On the back of the last campaign and the fact we have him for another 3 seasons he has the potential now to become a real legend for this club. 

Been some real turkeys though no question, Blackman, McGuire (who was then acquired permanently) , Aldred, Mackie, Fetai, Malkowski. In recent seasons loan signings made by Butcher seem to get used more to make up numbers as opposed to make an impact. Taylor and Roberts featured in spells last season but Gibbons never really played, and the season before the likes of Winnall and Chippendale featured in very few games as well. 

From what I remember, Phil McGuire was alright when he first came and as soon as we offered him a full-time deal proceeded to be absolutely rubbish from then on!

Andre Blackman could have been oh so different.  Had a great game in his debut against Aberdeen and has/had the potential to be a great player.  Shame his head isn't screwed on properly.

On the whole, the majority have been mediocre or have barely played at all.  Nauris Bulvitus, Alex MacDonald, Kevin McCann, Jordan Gibbons, Sam Winnall, all hardly set the heather alight, while Steve Williams was alright.

Edited by Renegade

I quite liked Kevin McCann; scored a peach of a goal v Dundee United if I recall correctly.

I've somehow eliminated Steve Williams from my memory! Even looking at his player image on google doesn't ring any bells! Who did he score his 2 goals for us against?

Steve Williams has just been released by Bradford. His goals, both in the SPL, came against Kilmarnock (away) and a header in a home game against Rangers. A good return from a loanee centre back, from only a handful of games.

I did like Darren Mackie's skillset and potential but where was the drive? But I don't think he had the staying power and determination to put in the effort to maximize his talent.

i.e He looked to me like a bit of a prima donna and was lazy?

The biggest thing I remember about Darren Mackie was that we created so many chances for him, not just half chances but clear cut chances and he could not finish them. One particular night, I think it must have been a midweek game and he had (among other chances) two one on ones with the keeper and fluffed both of them with style. Just seemed to me at the time to be a player with bags of pace and energy but little composure to keep his head when he needed it

Todays papers are suggesting that Terry is keen to take Charlie Taylor back but that any loan deal wouldn't be happening till nearer the end of July. Also there is mention of speaking to Liam Brady at Arsenal to see if anything can be done regarding loans

My memory of Mackie was a 1-0 win at Kirkcaldy just a few games before we first won Division 1, and he ripped Raith apart that day, time after time.  Other than that I don't recall seeing much of him, probably because he was injured so much.

No thanks. Remember the last loanee from there!!

I was meaning someone more like Paul George, Patrik Twardzik, Filip Twardzik, Marcus Fraser,Jackson Irvine, Tony Watt (won't happen). They all have potential, Blackman was put out on loan because Celtic wanted rid of him really