Arbroath

TopSix

Official ICTFC @ICTFC 

ICT-

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Doran Vincent polworth Williams

Foran Mckay

Subs- Devine, Tremarco, Ross, Christie, Greenhalgh, Cooper, MacKay (gk)

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 31m

Paul Sheerin is playing as well. Turns out this is ICT Legends v ICT.

:laugh: Richard Brittain sent off for Ross County.

4- Meekings from 25 yards with the shot , well saved by Scott Morrison

8- some finish from McKay, cross in from doran, keeper flaffs at it and it drops to McKay who on the turn smashes it in.

10- it's McKay again, Foran's header loops onto the bar, down to doran who dinks it back in and McKay was there to head home.

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 4m

30- GOAL: McKay hat trick. Ball in behind the defence releases Shinnie who hits the post. Rebound falls to McKay who finishes from close range.

Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC 1m

1-0 Peterhead, McAllister (pen) 24 mins

Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC 11s

2-0, Brown, 33 mins

Two quick goals at Balmoor, Brown scores again for Peterhead before Barry Robson gets one back for the Dons on 40 mins. Peterhead 3 Dons 1

Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC 48s

HALF TIME | Peterhead 3 Aberdeen 1

17- should be 4, Williams this time with the effort which smacks the inside of the post.

23- Polworth narrowly over from the edge of the area

Ross County FC @TheStaggies 32s

So FT tonight Den Bosch 1 County 0, with a reportedly very harsh red card for Brittain. Next up PEC Zwolle on Friday

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 40s

GOAL: Another goal for McKay. Meekings plays it wide to Doran who crosses it in for McKay to crash in another header. 4-0 to ICT.

32-Vincent heads just wide from Doran's cross.

HT: Arbroath 0-4 Billy McKay

No changes at half time, a local close by utters "when will they take that McKay boy off, he's quite good" yes..yes he is.

5-0 Meekings, Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 30s

GOAL: Meekings scores a pwaper naughty headed goal from a corner. 5-0 now to ICT

See the goal here:- bev_see @Bev_See 

0-5 Josh Meekings pic.twitter.com/ah3Ts6kh5T

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 5m

Great build up play between Williams and Vincent ending with the latter crashing an effort off the bar.

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 2m

GOAL: Liam Polworth with a fantastic long effort to make it 6-0. Nearly another for ICT but Sheerin clears off the line.

GOAL: Smith scores for Arbroath. Looked a rasper but I was bust looking at the fishing boats.

It's some finish to be fair by Smith, edge of the area, catches it on the volley. Brill with no chance

Williams off Ross on

Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC 10m

GOAL! | Peterhead 3 Aberdeen 2 (McGinn PEN 73mins), FT Peterhead 3 Aberdeen 2

1-7 McKay Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 

GOAL: Another goal for McKay who makes it 7-1. Cross from Ross on the right finds McKay in space and he taps home. Doran off for Greenhalgh.

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 3m

Foran cracks an effort in on goal but the Smokies keeper tips it wide.

Official ICTFC @ICTFC 

FT: Arbroath 1 ICT 7 :clapoverhead:

Andrew Sutherland @ASutherland1983 18s

F/T: 7-1 to #ICTFC 5 for McKay 1 each for Polworth and Meekings.

Thanks for the tweets guys and girls :notworthy:

• Agree 2

Yep! He sure is hitting them with his Billy Club.

After that I guess it's off to the bonding session and Canadian Club whisky.

A seaman from Inverness  named Hamish walks into  a bar in the seaport of Hamburg Germany.

He sits down and  gets into a chat with a well-oiled  chap named  Fritz.

Fritz says :  "Guten Morgen mein herr , mein nomen (name)  ist Vyshinsky- Vyshinsky with a hyphen and I am an immigrant  from Poland, Ja? Vas ist  yours, buddy?

"Whisky, whisky with a syphen, me old palski. Ta buckets ".Quoth Hamish.

Is that the record for the most goals scored by a single ICT player in a match?  I know Paul Ritchie (I think) has the competitive record with four in a single game about ten years ago, but surely that must be the most when you take friendlies into the equation. 

Someone who won't be driving to Arbroath is their manager and ex-ICT star Paul Sheerin, who got banned today for being twice the legal drink drive limit.

So, all in all not one of the best days he's had!

Bar Draper for Polworth (though he is making it a tricky choice) and Esson for Brill that would be my team going in for the new season. Foran is a presence up front and i feel could fare better alongside Billy boy this season. 

Really strong performance last night. One of the things I noticed was how many of our goals came from drilled crosses into the box, after the winger went beyond the last man. With a left footer (Williams) on the left and a right footer on the right (Doran/Ross), it suited our play better than the swapped wing alternative we've gone with in previous seasons.

Still not sure if Vincent is the man to link midfield and strikers, but he offered a strong tackle and simple pass, in addition to a good shot when given the chance.

The defence were rock solid, with lots of communication. I'd hate to play against Meekings and Warren, it'd be like going up against a brick wall! Brill didn't have much to do, but was very vocal and looking to get play started quickly.

As many have said, this looks like our first 11 for the opening game; minus Polworth for Draper or perhaps Williams for Ross/Greenhalgh. Both players did really well tonight though, so would be unlucky to drop out in my opinion. I also have big concerns about how often Esson has been injured in the last 6months, so Brill better be ready to step into the No1 role if needed!

Not really much to add from what Yngwie and RossP have said. Good to see Bayne and Sheerin again. I thanked Bayne for his goals against Aberdeen. He seemed delighted. Nice of the players to acknowledge us at the end of the game as well.

An Abroath fan on P & B (smokie bacon crisps) has posted a link to some photos from the game:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets/72157634765874233/with/9352936493/

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Good to see Bayne and Sheerin again.

Indeed.  Sheerin's lack of mobility these days (and that's not another reference to his driving ban) probably played a part in our dominance, but he still has the vision, touch and superb passing ability.  Bayne was never the quickest but can only be described as "lumbering" now and rarely got anywhere near the ball.