FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Our bus was hit by a brick but not sure who threw it may have been a couple of kids seen standing on wall was a fair bit from the ground.I would like to think that it wasn't a Celtic fan considering when we arrived at Broxden on way to game there were Celtic fans there whose mini bus had broken down .Im sure this must be a first but showing true Highland Hospitality we offered them a lift to game and they accepted....we did take them back....I think ...good day out again and happy with draw ...

Probably East End neds that are bored, neglegted and do not know any better. Unfortunately the East End has massive social problems with high youth crime rates.

It would be unfair to associate such an incident with Celtic FC  much as I despise them. Their fans were excellent towards my son and I today. Glad nobody got hurt.

They were nice to you but you despise them? :blink:

Go to the top of the class for observation

• Agree 1

Didn't I just say earlier this week that 2-0 is the worst lead to have?!

Going by the highlights though, nice to see the long throw in action again, though on first glance, I thought James Vincent was Stuart Duff!  :blink:

Very happy with a point and I think it was a fair result.  I haven't seen the highlights yet to look at the penalty claim at 2-1.  At the time I thought it was a stone waller so will be interesting to view back.  We were the better team in the first half and defended strong in the second.  Craig Thomson booking Raven was an absolute joke.  He's the same referee that sent him off and cost us the game at Perth towards the end of last season.  Not a game goes by where he doesn't make a controversial (and usually wrong) decision. 

Other than Thomson, the only negative point was the mass disappointment from ICT fans in the LRT when we realised we didn't win the canvass of the Pope in the Celtic top.  Nearly ruined the day.  :happy:  However for the second successive trip to Celtic Park, a random Celtic fan has bought ICT fans a round in the LRT.  If only we could play them every week :)

Didn't I just say earlier this week that 2-0 is the worst lead to have?!

Didn't seem to harm the Arabs and County.

Fans of Stenhousemuir must think a 4-2 lead in the 88th minute is a bit risky.  That was the position they were in yesterday at home to the Pars - and then contrived to lose 5-4 :crazy:

The joys of being a simple forum member....I finally get the option to put the constantly negative doom and gloom merchants on ignore.

Had to give myself a bit of a shake at the end of the game for daring to feel in any way disappointed at going to Celtic Park and only coming away with a point.

Was their things we could have done better?...yes, but that can be said of any game regardless of the result.  The only "error" that comes to mind is not clearing the danger that resulted in their first goal.  However, I qualify that by adding that we have been playing the ball out of defence and causing teams real trouble on the counter all season and I'd rather we stuck to that as the default than hoofing everything.  If we get caught now and again, then so be it...so long as it benefits us more than it costs us over the season.

Rather amusing that the (what should have bee) penalty incident seems to have been quickly glossed over by a lot of the pundits and reporters.  Some of the excuses I've heard for it not being given are even more hilarious....paraphrasing here, but you'll get the gist....

"He couldn't give the penalty, because if he did it would also have been a red card"

"Doran was obviously looking to be fouled, so he can't expect a penalty when it happens"

"It's a contact sport, you have to accept a bit of rough and tumble and the ref can't give penalties for every foul in the box"

"It would have been unfair on Celtic as they still had a chance to get back into the game at that point"

"If he'd taken his shot earlier then van Dijk wouldn't have had a chance to foul him"

"It was a soft foul"

The idea that a foul in the box, regardless of who/when/why, should be a penalty seems like an alien concept to some people.  With regards pundits and reporters...I think they're suffering from not knowing what to talk about when they can't spend hours and column inches praising Celtic.

Unfortunately it doesn't show it on any of the highlights, but the linesman had his flag half way up for the penalty and then changed his mind.

Overall I thought it was a great performance from us.  I've been raving all through pre-season and the start of the league campaign about how versatile our starting 11 are and they showed that on Saturday.  To be able to adapt so well without the need for changes in personnel will only breed confidence and consistency as the season progresses.

Good to see Watkins get some game time at the end...for those who've not seen him yet, you're in for a treat when he gets a proper run out.  He has this ingrained belief that he can go past anyone and everyone....and from what I witnessed in pre-season, the ability to back that up.

• Agree 2

It did seem a pretty clumsy barge, certainly from behind rather than the side, so not an attempt to push Doran off the ball. Should have been a penalty, even if Doran did fall a little too easy, but he was too indecisive as to whether to shoot or pass and the moment was gone. Think if he had let fly on the run rather than pause we may have taken all 3 pts.

Ross County ... went for it and won 3-0 ...., and thus got themselves out of danger.

Oh, they are not out of danger yet.

They still have to play us!

I think we'll hammer County this year actually.  Something reminiscent of their 5-1 win years ago.

On the penalty call, going from the highlights it is a penalty, but I do think Doran makes the most of it and everyone knows that unless the result isn't in doubt or it's absolutely blatantly obvious, you'll never get a penalty at Celtic Park.

In saying that though, maybe justice has been done.  We got a penalty against St Mirren that was never a penalty and we got out of jail with the Raven foul on Vigurs the other week which was a penalty.  On that basis, maybe justice has been done.

Edited by Renegade

I was having a pee in the LRT after the game when a celtic fan came in and started talking about the game saying "we" were lucky to get away with the penalty incident as he thought it was a blatant penalty, his face when we were washing out hands and he seen my ICT top was quite amusing!  He then realised why I was agreeing with him so readily!

Credit to the fans in the LRT, made us very welcome and free beer too - cheers.

Although the dumb bint behind the bar who thought my "toap" was a r*ng*rs shirt can do one!

• Agree 1

I thought the Doran penalty incident WAS a penalty at the time. Anytime i have seen it since has not made me change my mind. It was a CLEAR shove in the back, and denied Doran a scoring chance.

• Agree 1

The joys of being a simple forum member...

Has Scotty sacked ya :P

I suppose it depends on the meaning of the term "simple" ?!! But I am looking to sample Watkins and Agadstein although they will only get into this team via suspensions or injuries.

Ross and Warren are quite good at picking up injuries with the latter and Richie not bad at getting suspended either.

The joys of being a simple forum member...

Has Scotty sacked ya :P

I suppose it depends on the meaning of the term "simple" ?!! But I am looking to sample Watkins and Agadstein although they will only get into this team via suspensions or injuries.

Ross and Warren are quite good at picking up injuries with the latter and Richie not bad at getting suspended either.

What?

No simplification required. Ross has had only one major injury, Warren only missed a couple of games at the end of the season. Warren also does not "pick up suspensions" and in fact wasn't suspended for the vast majority of last season. Neither are "good at it" Foran, by the nature of his game is liable to pick up the odd suspension but it's not excessive over the piece. I'll dig out the stats if you need them. Simple enough for you?

• Agree 1

Watching Doran's penalty claim live on TV, my first reaction was that it would have been a soft award. However, having seen it several more times on the highlights, I think it was a clear penalty. Certainly I've seen many softer ones awarded (usually against us).

If you needed to see it several more times before making your mind up then it was hardly a clear penalty :smile: .  The referee probably wasn't at the best angle to see but the linesman should have stuck to his original impression but maybe saw he was getting no support from the ref.  He probably didn't want to antagonise 50,000 celtic fans either.  Doran should have passed or shot before he was fouled but, a foul is a foul and a penalty it should have been.