FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yogi Interview....

CaleyD

Oh and - LOL - was I wrong about Butcher ? - and - LOL - who were the ones to try and bitterly defend him till the end ? And now I come up with my first real complaint about Yogi - justified and clearly presented IMHO and - well with a more subdued defence really.

• Agree 2

I was awaiting that -LOL. He is nowhere near a narcissist. He is as straight as a die and that is why he can't fabricate well. It just frustrates me that mistakes, misjudgements or boo boos have been made which are evident and many become mega defensive. The fact that such a juvenile response is uttered shows the lack of any intelligent debate.

Why bother?  Any disagreement will clearly be met with "I was waiting for the happy clappers" type response.

SP - I have backed him to the hilt and really liked him. I am sure that he is hurting and the interview clearly shows that. I know that I will continue admire his honesty and committment and of course I will support him from here on in. But to use one of your words I am angered and frustrated that he has chosen such a CRUCIAL time of this very promising season to make his first big faux-pas. Let's hope that this week will herald an arrival and it is on to Partick in pursuit of another Cup Final.

• Agree 1

Oh and - LOL - was I wrong about Butcher ? - and - LOL - who were the ones to try and bitterly defend him till the end ? And now I come up with my first real complaint about Yogi - justified and clearly presented IMHO and - well with a more subdued defence really.

Oh...should have read a bit further, it was there already!

I was awaiting that -LOL. He is nowhere near a narcissist. He is as straight as a die and that is why he can't fabricate well. It just frustrates me that mistakes, misjudgements or boo boos have been made which are evident and many become mega defensive. The fact that such a juvenile response is uttered shows the lack of any intelligent debate.

Why bother?  Any disagreement will clearly be met with "I was waiting for the happy clappers" type response.

LOL - another lame response. SP evidently disagrees and I can see where he is coming from. I just can't understand why some people appear to feel that he is beyond criticism. He is human and makes mistakes and he can't hide it like previous examples of narcissist and mercenary. I am sure that he is hurting.

• Agree 1

Oh...should have read a bit further, it was there already!

Personalise it now as usual - LOL - The reference was to co-dependents not to happy clappers. At least Yogi shows emotion.

• Agree 1

J.Hughes is not alone in  this!   He has to also be in concert with the Club management at all levels. And what do we know about their plans? Virtually nothing, apparently.What we need, possibly, is a statement of intent from the club? 

But, on the OTHER hand,  why would the club risk an expose of their intentions and plans for the immediate future  just to satisfy a few fans?

So far, where is the hullabaloo of a general outcry? Nowhere to be seen? Most folks are sitting patiently on the sidelines watching and waiting--not a bad policy is it?

It's sitting tight and not rocking the boat, It's showing faith in the upper level team and the  absence of outright negative criticism is as much as saying ''We have faith in you".  The latter seems to me to be a good policy at this stage because anything else will only be knee-jerk reactions. Which could harm the club because it could  be wrongly construed, cause dissent and more criticism and put the focus on NEGATIVETY, rather than positive, encouraging support,.

And then what? 

Of course Yogi is not alone but he is the figurehead who has to shoulder the responsibility. We did not need a public statement. We should have been preparing a contingency plan behind doors and implementing in the event of any need. Sitting patiently on the sidelines is not an effective response. When did constructive criticism ever do any harm ? Mistakes appear to have been made but without any suggestion that they have. Knee jerk reactions can sometimes avoid knee joint dislocations. This faux-pas could be mended and could be looked at as a blip in retrospect. My concern is that it could cause a derailment of a potentially joyous journey. I note that very few have joined in the debate. I shall conclude at this juncture and look forward to a repaired and positive response when I journey to Partick next week.

• Agree 1

iHE your comments infer that the club and management knew that Billy would leave in this window whereas the club were given 4 days we understand to make the best decision for the club and also get a prolific goal scorer in to replace Billy . that is a big ask and to give JH time to find the replacement we knew would be required at the end of the season would take more than 4 days . whilst hard to take losing someone who MAY have given us our best season ever that was by no means a given and we need to leave the management team to make these decisions and back them, although I agree the chances of getting new players in within the window probably not achievable .

Still looking forward to rest of season and next

Rocky1 - are you one of the very few who never considered weeks and weeks ago that there was a distinct possibility / probability that McKay would be subject to bids in this specific window as he was out of contract at the end of the season ? Do you think that the management should have considered contingency plans to put in place should the possibility become an eventuality ? What about looking at possible loan deals involving players who would be suitable to play in the role in the system occupied by McKay ? I am hopeful however that this error can be sorted and that our season continues to move forward in a positive vein.

• Agree 1

Rocky1 - are you one of the very few who never considered weeks and weeks ago that there was a distinct possibility / probability that McKay would be subject to bids in this specific window as he was out of contract at the end of the season ? Do you think that the management should have considered contingency plans to put in place should the possibility become an eventuality ? What about looking at possible loan deals involving players who would be suitable to play in the role in the system occupied by McKay ? I am hopeful however that this error can be sorted and that our season continues to move forward in a positive vein.

Agree entirely but how do you know they were not looking and it is just there is no one available on the wages being offered.

The world and their wife are after strikers with a track record we need time to source players and bring them on , Mackay and Rooney were not prolific scorers in their first season with the club . It takes money to get an instance replacement and whilst there is probably money now it possibly only arrived in the clubs bank account on Saturday

May I just remind the doubters who once again are slating ICT Chair, Board and management that we are currently challenging for the league !!

When news of Yogi's appointment was released you were shouting certain relegation !  and making the same noises ...............  Then you were eating humble pie!.

Now here we go again..............Supporters ?...................I wonder!

May I just remind the doubters who once again are slating ICT Chair, Board and management that we are currently challenging for the league !!

When news of Yogi's appointment was released you were shouting certain relegation !  and making the same noises ...............  Then you were eating humble pie!.

It's because we are all hurting badly Bughtmaster! Again we seem to be caught with our drawers down with Aberdeen taking the proverbial and Wigan with a reasonably late offer. Again, Yogi has to work within pretty strict guidelines and he probably doesn't bully Cameron the way Butcher did. Personally I find it difficult to "slate" Yogi as he is probably the best manager / coach we have had at this club but he needs top line help in the transfer markets when needed. Something I don't think he gets at the moment!

When news of Yogi's appointment was released you were shouting certain relegation ! and making the same noises ............... Then you were eating humble pie!.

Wow,

Where to start with this.

So because we as fans are gutted to lose and not replace or even make any real attempt to replace our most prolific striker we are to blame just because we use an open forum to vent our spleens about it,

Grow up and grow a pair everything is not rosy here at the minute,

Wheres the extensions for 2 of our most consistent players no mention anywhere

And if you really feel we are challenging for the league still you need yer head examined, please dont take that as a personal attack as its not but perhaps the rose tinged spectacles should be at the very least lowered if not removed completely

Wel , as an older geezer I have to support Bughtie with his outlook.

You say we have no chance to win the League etc. etc.--why Billy was not the only player on this team --it's about a team , not an individual. Why can't you just say that we still have a chance.

Same old same old, negativers again. There is no proof of any stupidity or any fault by anyone in Management so why not get behind them and SUPPORT them instead of lambasting them ..for what? For inactivity.. sometimes that is a smart move . You can bet on it that they are trying very hard to work out a policy or strategytyhat nwill be for the benefit of ICT in the long run//Remember the old joke

A young bull and an old one are standing at the top of the hill and the youngster, fuelled by adrenaline and blistering testosterone, cries out in a fervent:

OOOH. look at all these lovely  cows down there Let's rush down and get one."

Replies the old fella, still alive and kicking "Aye, laddie, thas a good idea but why not mosey on down the prairie and  tat modest pace and conserve our energy;  then we can get all of them?"

• Agree 1

A young bull and an old one are standing at the top of the hill and the youngster, fuelled by adrenaline and blistering testosterone, cries out in a fervent:

OOOH. look at all these lovely cows down there Let's rush down and get one."

Replies the old fella, still alive and kicking "Aye, laddie, thas a good idea but why not mosey on down the prairie and at modest pace and conserve our energy;  then we can get all of them?"

BUT then another farmer bought the prize cow whilst they were dawdling down and the other cows wanted mating to wait until they could decide what to do.

The old bull turned to the young bull and uddered "In my days we had a contingency plan".

• Agree 1