FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup semi-final v Hearts

Yngwie

It was a year ago this weekend that we faced the Edinburgh side in the neutral venue of Edinburgh (for the 2nd year in a row).  Got two players sent off, were losing in injury time, and then, well you know the rest.  An absolutely incredible experience for any ICT fan who was there, and I dare say for those who weren't there as well. 

What are your memories of that day?

post-50-0-32004900-1422792715_thumb.jpg

• Agree 2

OTJ in with the Caley fans and leaving when Meeking got sent off and tapping me on the back on his way down the stands with a dissapointed look on his face tapping me on the back and saying " Oh well". Little did he know what was coming.

It was an incredible match but a very slow burner which I couldn't see much of in the first half as the low sun was just hanging over the stands and getting in my eyes. After that I did not expect what happened in the next 49 minutes which is the best half of football for drama that I have seen live, the Nick Ross moment will live with me forever and I can say I was there in the bottom row right behind the goal when it happened. Extra time was one of the longest and most nerve racking half hour ever before the euphoria of winning this penalty shoot out. A great day out for all involved of an Inverness persuasion and one I and everyone else will not forget in a hurry.  

• Agree 2

For memories sake, I have just watched a DVD of the game this afternoon.   Wonderful memories.   Was shouting at TV as if it was happening all over again, and, cursing at Hamill - he really did get his come-uppance..

• Agree 3

I had a Sunday Amateurs game in the morning, so rushed home to watch the ICT game on tv. The missus was out so I had the tv pumped up and fired through the beers much quicker than usual thanks to John Beaton.

I watched the entire Extra Time and pens whilst pacing the living room and ended up doing press ups at one point with all the nerves and adrenaline pumping! When Draper scored I collapsed in a fit of laughing and tears.

Then the texts from cocky Dons fans started flooding in...

OTJ in with the Caley fans and leaving when Meeking got sent off and tapping me on the back on his way down the stands with a dissapointed look on his face tapping me on the back and saying " Oh well". Little did he know what was coming.

Typical Welshman.

Took some pals from Edinburgh to the game - they had been the year before too. Missed Tansey's goal while waiting in the queue for drinks under the stand. Thought we'd go on to win comfortably................and then the wheels came off! Red cards and Hamill combined to make for what looked like a miserable afternoon (again!)

But wait....Nick Ross...scoooooooores! Bedlam. Then the nail-biting for 30+ minutes, but what an exhibition of how to play when 2 men short - even had chances to win it. Felt it was our day by the time it came to pens and sure enough, Hamill obliged. A sweet moment when big Drapes rolled th ball nonchelantly in to win it. Smashed my son's i-pod i nthe chaos after Nick Ross' goal to boot!

I'm still chuckling at a post I read yesterday on another forum about a player being booked for reminiscing with the referee! I assume the poster meant 'remonstrating'!

'Hey ref, mind those sherbet dips, black-jacks and fruit-salad chews we used to get for a penny - great days!'

You can't talk to me about that! :yellowcard:

It's 'funny' when we reminisce on our favourite games - that semi-final probably holds more memories than the final itself.

And despite having seen Inverness in semi-finals, a good number of Quarters and numerous last 16 ties, my favourite ever Scottish Cup game was the win at Parkhead - despite it being a 'modest' last-32 tie!