FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strip Manufacturer

seanwanderson

Now that we have secured 3rd place and european football I would hope that our profile has risen enough to secure a better kit manufacturer than Errea. No idea what our current deal with them is but would be great to get kits that are better quality. A quick scan throughout the 4 leagues and there are teams out there that have bigger profile companies than us.

For Example

Falkirk 2015/16 - Puma

Accies 2014/15 - Own Brand/Nike

Dundee 2014/15 - Puma

Raith Rovers 2014/15 - Puma

Queens Park 2014 15 - Under Armour

Airdrieonians 2014/15 - Puma

Ayr United 2014/15 - Adidas (might be due to be owning by a multi millionaire)

Greenock Morton 2014/15 - Nike

Would be great to even get picked up by an up and comer of the football shirt market like Celtics switch from nike to New Balance next year or even Warrior or Under Armour. I also like the idea of going with the own brand kit as surely more profit goes back into the team this way. Southamptons this year was a belter of a kit and thats an own brand.

I quite like Errea tbh, they are generally pretty unique and the quality is not too bad. However, a blue and red striped Adidas effort is the stuff dreams are made of.

Now that we have secured 3rd place and european football I would hope that our profile has risen enough to secure a better kit manufacturer than Errea. No idea what our current deal with them is but would be great to get kits that are better quality. A quick scan throughout the 4 leagues and there are teams out there that have bigger profile companies than us.

For Example

Falkirk 2015/16 - Puma

Dundee 2014/15 - Puma

Would be great to even get picked up by an up and comer of the football shirt market like Celtics switch from nike to New Balance next year or even Warrior or Under Armour. I also like the idea of going with the own brand kit as surely more profit goes back into the team this way. Southamptons this year was a belter of a kit and thats an own brand.

I personally couldn't care less what the manufacturer name is so long as they are of decent quality / design & the club gets a good deal from them.

From a boring but practical point of view, I like a strip that doesn't go all pooky (when threads pull) and bobbly looking and that doesn't have any stuck on letters or logos which get ruined in the wash. This years strip has been my favourite, good quality and smart design, especially liked the neck.

There's about as many different ways of doing deals with manufacturers as their are clubs.  Just because a club uses Nike, Adidas or Puma doesn't mean they have any kind of deal beyond buying their kit from them....and doing so in bulk in order to get a reduced cost allowing them to resell at a profit.

Some of those in your list buy stock kit from manufacturers who don't even apply the badge/sponsor info for them and they have to do that themselves.

For Example

Falkirk 2015/16 - Puma

Dundee 2014/15 - Puma

To suggest that Errea are some low profile company suggests a grave ignorance on the part of the opening poster. The link below will show the list of teams, sports and countries that Errea actually provide sponsorship to. Over and above this we are one of many other clubs who trade with Errea. http://www.errea.it/en/sponsorship/sponsor/

Edited by Alex MacLeod

My main reason for asking the question was surrounding quality. For me personally compared to other manufacturers I don't think errea is up there. This years strip is good I'll give you that but I just would like to see us in something's a bit more solid. Again just my feeling. I never said errea were low profile I simply stated getting a more well known make. if you ask most people to list some kit manufacturers family fortune style I would doubt errea makes the top 5. I appreciate that there are many ways of doing kit deals etc and we've got to go with the best for the club. That's why I also brought up the topic of making our own kit as I thought that maybe more beneficial for the club. But listen I'm not in the sports retail industry but as a consumer I personally would love an Adidas/Nike level quality strip.

There's about as many different ways of doing deals with manufacturers as their are clubs.  Just because a club uses Nike, Adidas or Puma doesn't mean they have any kind of deal beyond buying their kit from them....and doing so in bulk in order to get a reduced cost allowing them to resell at a profit.

Some of those in your list buy stock kit from manufacturers who don't even apply the badge/sponsor info for them and they have to do that themselves.

That was the point I was going to make.  Clach for example had Puma recently (maybe still do), but they've simply bought a bulk of white kits off them.  They haven't negotiated a bigger deal than what we have.  Also, Errea aren't some wee company.  Norwich use them, as do quite few teams in Serie A (Genoa being one I think).

The biggest gripe in my experience, is not the quality or the designs, it's the fact that they always seem to be pretty late announcing/delivering stuff.

Errea has obviously worked for ICTFC over the years and vice versa hence the long standing loyalty each has shown each other. I don't know the ins and outs off how much these things cost so don't really know what is feasible to the club in terms of looking to a new supplier.

One thing I personally feel is, that whilst I am of the age that I don't regularly wear football strips I would certainly be more inclined to wear one with a mainstream brand such as Adidas and Nike. Call me a brand snob if you want but that's just a personal opinion.

As a side note I will probably look to purchase a top for the cup final and would regardless of brand seeing as its a one off

I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of Errea but if the deal with Errea makes the club more money than with, say Adidas for example, then that's more than good enough for me.

Regarding the comment about a red n blue stripped Adidas number - that's what Bayern Munich wear.  I seen their strip on TV the other week and thought I'd love us to be wearing our version of that.

• Agree 1

Errea has obviously worked for ICTFC over the years and vice versa hence the long standing loyalty each has shown each other. I don't know the ins and outs off how much these things cost so don't really know what is feasible to the club in terms of looking to a new supplier.

One thing I personally feel is, that whilst I am of the age that I don't regularly wear football strips I would certainly be more inclined to wear one with a mainstream brand such as Adidas and Nike. Call me a brand snob if you want but that's just a personal opinion.

As a side note I will probably look to purchase a top for the cup final and would regardless of brand seeing as its a one off

Brand Snob...!!! :lol:

• Agree 1

I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of Errea but if the deal with Errea makes the club more money than with, say Adidas for example, then that's more than good enough for me.

Regarding the comment about a red n blue stripped Adidas number - that's what Bayern Munich wear.  I seen their strip on TV the other week and thought I'd love us to be wearing our version of that.

.....but we have our version of the Paris St Germain one. I understand that special Scottish cup final 2015 embroidered versions of it will be available to buy next week.

Brand Snob...!!! :lol:

I hope he's not a brand snob... Carbrini is up there with the worst...