FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V DUFC - matchday thread

Scotty

According to our esteemed Mr Bannerman on 'open mic' (no commentary for overseas listeners) Caley Thistle almost scored again - McAllister nodding just wide

Final score 1-0  :021: :021:

Dunfermline just scored to put Hearts out ....

Bobby Mann sent off conceding a penalty in his debut at Peterhead. 4 ex-ICT players in Peterhead's lineup (Mann, Gilfillan, Keogh, Bavidge)

The bottom line is that we won and are in the draw for the next round but that was a P**H display  :008:

The second half was physically painful to watch, I'll proabably enjoy my visit to the dentist on Tuesday more!!

Why on earth did we play so deep? It was panic stations whenever the ball came near us, no one showed any composure and just lumped the ball anywhere, more often than not to a Utd Player.

Low crowd today as well still those we stayed away are probably the lucky ones  :014:

and who said dods should be dropped not me he was back to his best the day  even had time to sort oot wilkie  to say he wouldnt be commited till the end of the season no way hes there no matter what anyone says well played and what a strike by russel cant wait to see it on bbc the nite

The bottom line is that we won and are in the draw for the next round but that was a P**H display  :008:

The second half was physically painful to watch, I'll proabably enjoy my visit to the dentist on Tuesday more!!

Why on earth did we play so deep? It was panic stations whenever the ball came near us, no one showed any composure and just lumped the ball anywhere, more often than not to a Utd Player.

Low crowd today as well still those we stayed away are probably the lucky ones  :014:

good teams can grind out results even on a bad day

anyone know what time the draw is tomorrow

That was absolutely dire :017: Still, we won!

Russell's goal was a cracker, in fact, he was brilliant today. Hard to pick anyone else out, defence was solid, McBain actually took people on, Rankin was good again.

Up front we were awful. Bayne and Rory just didn't work at all. Rory reverted to type....he was pish. Granted he did ok last week, but the boy simply isn't good enough. Why does he tire so quickly?? There were times when we broke and the ball was being held up because he was miles behind the play. Lets hope Dargo's back very soon.

Oh, and Michael.....nice to see the confidence levels high, but there were a few heart stopping moments there! Excellent game though.

Apart from Russells goal, the only other thing to get excited about was Roscoes run....one Pele would've been proud of :001:

Great result but poorest performance for a while, looked very blunt up front, not helped by Utd's constant niggling fouls. Rossco's mazy dribble deserved a goal - god knows how he does it, but it was the niftiest footwork of the afternoon. Disappointing crowd - only 700 more than at Devronvale. Can't grumble though, next round here we come. Home draw please.

Bit harsh with the dire game stuff. Not pretty at times but should have scored a couple more goals. Rory missed what looked like a simple nod in and Rossco, brilliant mazy dribble in a tight space and worthy of a goal. e just deserved to win it, they threw a lot of balls into Mike, but he just about coped. Agree about Dods, good game, Duncans goal was an up and downer like Rankins efforts, super strike.  Rory not so effective today and Bayne not quite on song either. Hastings another great effort.

All in all, we are in the next round and they are not, oh, and the ref was guff, continually stopping the game and spoiling any hope of entertainment.

I know it was the same ground, but not sure it was the same team as last week. V.Poor display. Defenders not tackling, strikers not moving and midfield second to every ball. McAllister might as well nothave turned up in the 2nd half. Pass makers for Hastings, Tokers, Duncan, Rankin and yes even McSwegan, such as he was, but not really a team display. It just didint click today and a better side would have made us pay.

Duncans goal was a smasher, he had loads of time and sized it up very well, got the dip just right. Doesnt happen often, but very welcome.

*dons steel helmet* Not impressed with Fraser's work - punch-outs, dropped saves, footballing with the Arab strikers. It's more than my old ticker can bear, I tell ya.

Still we got a number in da bag, bring it on, as the young people say.

I agree with Donkey Jaiket Manny. Good exciting cup tie with hardly any football. I wish we'd scored a second just after half time and been happy to watch them bore us to death after that. Ref appeared very inexperienced. Utd and fans very impressive for first 10, collective dropping of the heids after we scored. Biggest disappointment of the day- P*rt*ck winning at the Vale  :020:

ps forgot to mention: Russeldinhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Great goal.

Duncan and Dods particularly solid. Rosscoe had a few flashes of brilliance, and that run of course.

Wilson was generally impressive, though not at his best.

Fascinating duel between Hastings and Samuel, with the former coming out on top.

But Fraser - oh dear! Some great saves, but whenever he kicked that ball out my old ticker missed a beat or 2. A bit more height please Mike!!!

Second half was dire except for the last few minutes where we actually threatened, sometimes.

Guest cantbeatus

Morton took more away fans to there game than there was at our match  :006: Poor show - anything to do with the ticket prices I wonder?

I forgot to say did anyone else think the ref today was gash?

Just aswell we brought a good support up for the crowd woulda been 1500, very poor show for an SPL side.

I see I posted earlier that the ref looked very inexperienced. It was Stuart Dougal. Is there maybe some Chick Young award I can get?

I'm afraid you can only get a Chick Young award for talking gash after at least 15 years of service. In your defence it seemed like it was the refs first game in charge of any game of football  :006: