FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GARY MCSWEGAN APPRECIATION SOCIETY

CELTIC1CALEY3

One person who deserves recognition from yesterday is Gary McSwegan. He was widely ridiculed for his time at County but subsequently found to have an injury requiring correction. On the face of it that has been rectified and Gary now has nothing to lose in the latter stages of his career. Fighting back from adversity I have to say he worked his socks off yesterday chasing lost causes and even countering dangerous situations near our box. This club is based on graft and I think the supporters should recognise how he attempted to get in and about Dundee United yesterday. I think he might play a critical role at some stage this season.

Very true C1C3, McSwegans quality has never been in doubt, but at 36 his stamina and general work ethic were the main concerns, perhaps he isn't going to manage 90 minutes, but he could become extremely vital in the coming weeks.

At his peak whilst with Hearts, McSwegan was formidable, one of the truest strikers of the ball I've seen.

I sincerely hope that McSwegan can give the Team something between now and the end of the season, and I would like to see him start the next couple of games -

but we desperately need a new striker in the Summer.

McSwegan is nearing the end of his career - and Rory is clearly quite far from being the finished article.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

He looks like quite a clever player. A couple of times against Utd he made runs into positions that most players wouldn't  think of. He still looked pretty tubby though. If thats him fit - I can only imagine what a fat b@stard he was before  :015:

If used correctly, I think he could prove to be a real asset for the remainder of the season.

And although clever runs/moves are one thing - they count for feck all if the rest of the team can't read your game, so hopefully they are working on integrating him into the team during training.