FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup Replay v Stirling Albion : UPDATED

CaleyD

I dunno about others but I think I'd rather see main stand and on part of north stand open to make what's going to be a quiet stadium a little noisier!! cant see their being more than 2000 there...I hope I'm wrong though! But I think it would look a little better just filling the main stand (closed parts) and if need be then letting some through to north stand! 

1 hour ago, scottishhighlands said:

why not Let all kinds off Disabled people in for free 

Perhaps because very many people with disabilities hold down responsible and well paid jobs and have no need for or desire to be treated differently from anyone else.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 8

17 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Perhaps because very many people with disabilities hold down responsible and well paid jobs and have no need for or desire to be treated differently from anyone else.

Spot on! This isn't a pop at scottishhighlands but I sometimes wonder if some disabled people get sick to the teeth with some of the patronising, politically correct busybodies who make it their lives' mission to decide and pursue what they consider the disabled want and need.

That will make 3 TV appearances in about 4 weeks (Stirling, Hearts and Aberdeen).  Great for me and others who can't get up to Inverness so often, but probably bad for crowd numbers, and perhaps, atmosphere.  Compensated though, I presume, with 3 good pay days for the club from the TV companies!

11 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

A figure of around £85,000 for SkyTV coverage, rings-a-bell - though, I assume it'll be split with Stirling...But, I could be wrong on both counts!

The figure I remember being quoted several years ago was £75,000 to each team. No idea if that's still the case. 

No extra TV cash for the televised league games though, as that is pooled between all the teams equally. 

15 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Was trying to find something online about payments but no luck. I did find this snippet though http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/275976-spfl-pay-broadcaster-up-to-250000-per-season-to-show-rangers-games/ BT get paid by SPFL to cover Rangers games??? What sort of deal is that?

A typical example of the ability of the old firm obsessed eejits that run our game. 

• Agree 1

I was the same Alex, little TV payment info 'out there'!
But it's true what RossP mentioned...for league games, it's no longer a massive boost (financially), having SKY covering your games.
You could have all 38 of your fixtures televised live on SKY - or none at all. The money received would be exactly the same. It's now 'pooled' (as RossP stated) and distributed in league placement 'prize money'.
However, having the SKY cameras at a Scottish Cup game does pay to the two individual clubs, so we've 'scored' here - ironically, by not disposing of Stirling at the first attempt! Seemingly the 'fee' is set by the SFA, and is the same, regardless of which company (BBC, SKY, BT Sport etc) broadcasts it.
Another point - the TV money from both semi-finals is divided equally amongst the 4 clubs involved, so Celtic at Hampden is no more financially lucrative than playing Annan.
But, it should be a decent pay-day for us against Stirling, although it will certainly have a negative impact on the crowd size on the night.

I believe that the figure is £83,000 for each club but even if it's the lower figure of £75,000 that is about ten times the likely split of the gate after deductions which neither club will have expected or budgeted for.

That being the case, why not reduce the entry price to a fiver for full paying adults to cover stewarding costs to generate a crowd and an atmosphere and to let fans who, due to difficult financial circumstances, can not generally afford to attend and who might not even have been able to scrape together the cash to go to Glasgow last May a rare opportunity to see and cheer on the team.

• Agree 2

That article is a joke!
"Rangers were expelled from Scottish Premier League" is simply nonsense. In no circumstance were they expelled from the SPL!
They were 'docked' 10 points for entering administration - that was their only punishment.
Subsequently, they failed to exit administration and were eventually liquidised - thus ceasing to exist. 
42 clubs became 41. The leagues were re-aligned with an unexpected promotion for Dundee...and so on, down the structure, leaving a 12-10-10-9 set-up with an obvious vacancy to be filled in League 2.
The new Rangers were accepted, unopposed. The likes of Spartans realised an application would be futile - they were appeased by the promise of a Pyramid set-up, to effectively stand-aside. And so, The Rangers were automatically accepted into League 2 - which the deluded still consider being relegated to the 4th tier - as a punishment!
No such thing ever happened!
The media need to grow some balls and report the truth!

• Agree 6

11 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

Subsequently, they failed to exit administration and were eventually liquidised - thus ceasing to exist. 

I think the term is liquidated. Liquidised would suggest they were put through the blender - an amusing thought!

11 minutes ago, Sneckboy said:

The media need to grow some balls and report the truth!

Dream on Walter Mitty. Just listen to the BS that Sutton is allowed to spraff on BBC 5 Live without challenge. Large parts of the media just suck up to the OF. Sadly, this trait is all to apparent in those who govern the game too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Was trying to find something online about payments but no luck. I did find this snippet though http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/275976-spfl-pay-broadcaster-up-to-250000-per-season-to-show-rangers-games/ BT get paid by SPFL to cover Rangers games??? What sort of deal is that?

Because a lot of the grounds Rangers were playing at didn't have the facilities or infrastructure required for BT to broadcast live games they were given cash by the SPFL towards the cost of hiring the required equipment.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Because a lot of the grounds Rangers were playing at didn't have the facilities or infrastructure required for BT to broadcast live games they were given cash by the SPFL towards the cost of hiring the required equipment.

I did note that para RiG. However, as outside broadcast units carry all their own filming, satellite and power generation equipment, which could allow them to do a live broadcast from the middle of Rannoch Moor, I'm enclined to treat the statement with a pinch of salt