FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Odds

Naelifts

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Same as it was one night 16 years ago?!

Yeah, I was going to say the same! It was indeed 14/1 back then!
This must be worth a 'flutter' though! - as it's very unusual to see such odds between teams in the same league...

The biggest odds I've seen 'happening' in a Scottish fixture was with Clyde beating Celtic in the cup a few years after our 'shock' (the Roy Kean debut match!!!).
But, strangely (and happily) it's not flagged-up as often as our 3-1 win, as one of the great shocks, although Clyde were 16/1 on the day, and had even been widely available at 18/1 earlier in the week.

The biggest 'over-turned' odds I've seen in football was when an apparently utterly dismal Northern Ireland side over-turned an apparently world-beating England team in Belfast, 1-0, thanks to a late winner from Healy! That was certainly 18/1 on the night but could have been 'got' at 25/1 in earlier markets.

Anybody know of any bigger 'odds defying' shocks, particularly in football?
Buster Douglas beating Tyson was widely reputed (most commonly quoted odds)  to have been 42/1 !!!