League restructure

Jack Waddington

Good listen. Mr chairman comes across well at times! However the comment where SG is best CEO is laughable, it was SG who leaked the WhatsApp and went in live radio to discuss it 🤷‍♂️. So 6 other chairman are lying about our plan. The fact we were the only club to vote no says it all. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GogglesWalter said:

Good listen. Mr chairman comes across well at times! However the comment where SG is best CEO is laughable, it was SG who leaked the WhatsApp and went in live radio to discuss it 🤷‍♂️. So 6 other chairman are lying about our plan. The fact we were the only club to vote no says it all. 

Yes. It says that we gave at least some consideration to the interests of other clubs and to the integrity of the competition.

The only two reasons that league reconstruction is being considered at all is that Dundee appeared to be gullible enough to fall for the bribe and that the team at the bottom of the premiership is one of the 'elite' clique.

Were it Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County at the bottom  it would not still be being discussed at all.

2 hours ago, GogglesWalter said:

It’s about time you cut our CEO some slack . From you first post on this forum to your last you have criticised him . 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, roby said:

It’s about time you cut our CEO some slack . From you first post on this forum to your last you have criticised him . 

Och roby have you not worked out GogglesWalter is Neil Doncaster :wink:

• Funny 2

It was good to hear our Chairman totally refute the suggestion that ICT were involved in a secret motion to null and void the season.  There is not a shred of evidence that our Board and CEO have been anything other than totally consistent in their position throughout this fiasco.  Perhaps those on here having a pop at our club should get in touch with those Chairmen and media outlets who have made the allegation and ask them to produce some evidence and to explain what our club would possibly have to gain from a null and void scenario.

It is true that ICT were on board with Rangers and Hearts on an alternative motion to separate the payments to clubs from any decision on the final league placements and relegation and promotion issues.  Scot Gardiner is on record as saying that the SPFL tried to dissuade them from pushing forward with the motion on the basis that if the motion was not passed it would leave us in a null and void situation (even though that would only ever have been the case if nothing else was agreed!). It seems likely to me that other clubs have somehow got the impression that the motion the 3 clubs were suggesting as an alternative to the SPFL's own motion was, in fact, a proposal for a null and void position.  I wonder who could possibly have given them that impression? :ponder:

• Agree 2

The SPFL have now agreed that the Premiership season should now be concluded on a similar basis to the other divisions with Celtic being crowned champions and Hearts relegated. I have no difficulty with that. Although not ideal it does have a certain fairness.

The important thing now is that we draw a line under this season and put all the rancor and divisions of recent weeks and all clubs work collaboratively with the appropriate government agencies to try to work towards starting next season in some manner that allows clubs to survive.

Season 2020/21 is not likely to start on schedule or in a normal fashion but if everyone pulls together it can surely finish in a much more normal manner come next May or June.

Being able to do that depends entirely on the all concerned focusing firmly on the future and putting the hugely damaging and embarrassing recent past behind us.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

The SPFL have now agreed that the Premiership season should now be concluded on a similar basis to the other divisions with Celtic being crowned champions and Hearts relegated. I have no difficulty with that. Although not ideal it does have a certain fairness.

The important thing now is that we draw a line under this season and put all the rancor and divisions of recent weeks and all clubs work collaboratively with the appropriate government agencies to try to work towards starting next season in some manner that allows clubs to survive.

Season 2020/21 is not likely to start on schedule or in a normal fashion but if everyone pulls together it can surely finish in a much more normal manner come next May or June.

Being able to do that depends entirely on the all concerned focusing firmly on the future and putting the hugely damaging and embarrassing recent past behind us.

I would hope you are right but this has a little to run yet.

The reconstruction talks will drag for a bit longer and then require a vote.

And if that fails then my mate, who is a big Jambo already says that there is a crowdfunding to help cover legal costs and that the club will go for it.

56 minutes ago, gingerjaggy said:

I would hope you are right but this has a little to run yet.

The reconstruction talks will drag for a bit longer and then require a vote.

And if that fails then my mate, who is a big Jambo already says that there is a crowdfunding to help cover legal costs and that the club will go for it.

My post was more of a hope than an expectation. I am expecting Hearts to lodge a legal challenge with maybe Partick and Falkirk joining in. There remains the outside possibility that rather than getting involved in lengthy and expensive litigation, the SPFL might agree to a temporary expansion of the Premierhip which, from our point of view  would be excellent but still only a distant possibility.

I would not rule out the ridiculous and unfair fudge of temporarily increasing the Premierhip to thirteen teams with one team being idle each round of fixtures to cynically buy Hearts off. It is the Scottish football authorities we are speaking about and Hearts are part of the establishment.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Yes. It says that we gave at least some consideration to the interests of other clubs and to the integrity of the competition.

The only two reasons that league reconstruction is being considered at all is that Dundee appeared to be gullible enough to fall for the bribe and that the team at the bottom of the premiership is one of the 'elite' clique.

Were it Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County at the bottom  it would not still be being discussed at all.

Wise words kingy league reconstruction was never a goer specially now with the sky deal ! On a brighter note the jambos got what they deserved terrible mismanagement since neilson and utter shambles on the field all season

I think most would agree that sky would prefer Hearts in the top league. Their main gold ticket is the old firm, as long as you have the 4 games (which could be managed). After that the Edinburgh derby and tynecastle visits of the old firm must bring high viewing figures. 

It won't be sky who supper it, it will be the like of Hamilton, county, st mirren who don't want a big club in the league as competition. As well as the championship teams except us wanting Hearts relegated for big away gates. 

I'm truly astonished that more of our fans are not concerned with the backing our seemingly nice but very naive chairman has given SG. If our club genuinely worried about other clubs being affected and hurt by this situation over our own club please close the doors now. It's a dog eat dog world, you look after your own interests first and foremost! We have lost trust from fellow clubs, The SFA and potential sponsors. The club need to regroup and try to build for the future which I'm afraid looks very bleak for us! The current regime running the club certainly dont fill me with confidence. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, GogglesWalter said:

I'm truly astonished that more of our fans are not concerned with the backing our seemingly nice but very naive chairman has given SG. If our club genuinely worried about other clubs being affected and hurt by this situation over our own club please close the doors now. It's a dog eat dog world, you look after your own interests first and foremost! We have lost trust from fellow clubs, The SFA and potential sponsors. The club need to regroup and try to build for the future which I'm afraid looks very bleak for us! The current regime running the club certainly dont fill me with confidence. 

Yawn. Oh sorry, think I fell asleep 💤 

• Sad 1

I am confused !  Are Hearts relegated ?  Is there another vote for reorganisation of the leagues ?  One day this, one day that.  How can true fans really believe that the “powers that be” have any idea of what we want?  And what really is the best way forward.   I truly think reorganisation of the leagues is the only way forward, ie 14, 14, 16.  But, is anyone really looking at what is best for the teams?  No one actually - the “big” teams are looking after themselves and to hell with the fans of all the rest.   If this works out by 2021 I will be happy but not holding my breath.  

On 5/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, Alan Simpson said:

If Traff goes goes I'm sure I'll find some other lame duck to sponsor my man lol

• Agree 1

I have some sympathy for your view Lizi.   But I'm afraid the "powers that be" do have an idea of what we want.  The real power here is Sky TV, and their viewing figures show that the Scottish viewing public want to watch The Rangers and Celtic and particularly when they play each other.  They also know that Scots would rather sit at home or in the pub and watch Liverpool or Man Utd or Barcelona than go out and support their local team.  As long  as premiership clubs feel they will be better off with the TV money than without it, then our league structure (at the top end at least) will be dictated by how much the TV companies are willing to pay for what.

38 minutes ago, lizi said:

I am confused !  Are Hearts relegated ?  Is there another vote for reorganisation of the leagues ?  One day this, one day that.  How can true fans really believe that the “powers that be” have any idea of what we want?  And what really is the best way forward.   I truly think reorganisation of the leagues is the only way forward, ie 14, 14, 16.  But, is anyone really looking at what is best for the teams?  No one actually - the “big” teams are looking after themselves and to hell with the fans of all the rest.   If this works out by 2021 I will be happy but not holding my breath.  

Yes and Yes. Hearts are, as of now, officially down, however, are pursuing legal action probably along with Partick and Stenny. As for reconstruction, that will come with the legal action, or they'll be discussing it within a few days...

Our position over the league ending debacle is very obvious in my eyes. We were in a win, win situation.

Vote no, resolution fails, claim to back partick which would have lead to reconstruction to save them (and promote us funnily enough) and come out as the good guys.

Or vote no (same reasons as above), lose the vote and get our money for 2nd place immediately. 

The individuals sg/rm involved were clearly irked but the shambles of the vote and were honest about it. The other clubs involved defended they side and spun the story to deflect from the original issue. 

44 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Our position over the league ending debacle is very obvious in my eyes. We were in a win, win situation.

Vote no, resolution fails, claim to back partick which would have lead to reconstruction to save them (and promote us funnily enough) and come out as the good guys.

Or vote no (same reasons as above), lose the vote and get our money for 2nd place immediately. 

The individuals sg/rm involved were clearly irked but the shambles of the vote and were honest about it. The other clubs involved defended they side and spun the story to deflect from the original issue. 

I agree with you on this one but if it comes to a vote Uncle Roy has already stated that he would vote against it and other clubs in the lower end of the league will vote the same for their own interest unless the SPFL think Hearts may have a case against them and pressurize clubs to vote yes.