League restructure

Jack Waddington

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Talks start on Monday, let's hope everything goes right, or this whole thing could fall flat on its face. No word when the Championship and League 1/2 are

I think there’s a reason why they are starting with the Premier talks and aren’t rushing to schedule the other ones.....

12 hours ago, finmack said:

Lets do what is better for the game!. ie. Saturday afternoons everybody out to watch their team playing instead of watching it on TV. You have to bring spectators back to the game.

Not going to happen this year - maybe not next season at all.

No vaccination, no congregation.  No immunity, no community. 

I think I'm getting the hang of this "government" thing. Snappy slogans 'r' us.  :lol:

• Agree 3

I think the thing everyone is missing is limiting regional travel could be a key strategy of phase 3 and 4. With high regional covid variations this could protect our communities

So we may be allowed some crowds at ross and inverness but no travellers from grampian or central? 

This would be a more successful contain than smaller crowds but unlimited travel. 

I may be allowed to watch elgin not caley.  

Inverness rangers fans might be allowed to visit caley stadium but not travel to ibrox.

We all need to think differently, reduce travel and reduce contact. 

Or wait for a virus with no time limit to expire.

Over 4k excess deaths in scotland  and we have to continue to be very safe. 

#WearAMask or a scarf like gringo

-nmi9qs.jpg

32 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Not going to happen this year - maybe not next season at all.

This. Unfortunately not many seem to be grasping this scenario. By which time its likely there will be less clubs still viable and for most just being able to field 11 players regardless of competitive ability will be seen as an achievement. There are significant costs of restarting football including player testing (estimates are £3-5k per wk per club), updating facilities such as changing rooms and corporate areas for 'social distancing' and that's irrespective of whether fans are allowed in - most Scottish clubs cant afford this as they are struggling to even keep the light on in their empty facilities!!!

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Great idea. 

Doesn't have to be a stylish  just cover your mouth and nose. 

The caley thistle buffs would be ok.....

Thinking of getting one of these ... An ICT equivalent would be good too 🙂

Adult Toronto FC Checkered Wrap Face Covering

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What about restocking on those black hooded balaclavas that we used to wear to Elgin away games and down the Carse Road at home games ??

Bet the young team wished they wore them when they burnt down the famous hedge at Brechin or even armoured 1s when the Elgin OAPs give them a kicking lol

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 2

I've been over on Jambos Kickback most of this week and that word "forced reconstruction" has been mentioned a few times :O. They reckon that the Spfl cannot afford the compensation bill so will ask clubs to help pay for it, which will then lead to clubs going bust, hence why chairman will be forced to vote yes in order to save their clubs. 

• Funny 2

This is just such a difficult situation for all involved in trying to find a way forward.  So much is completely out of the hands of those trying to come together to make decisions which will be acceptable to such a wide variety of needs and interests.

In some ways it is great that we have now seen some modest relaxation of the lockdown rules but there is a lot of scientific advice saying that even this is too much too soon.  The UK still has one of the highest rates in the world for new infections and the rates are a good bit higher than when other countries started to ease lockdown.  There is a risk that rates could start to go back up again with a resultant return to full lockdown.

It is clear that one of the last things to return will be mass gatherings and that is a real challenge for football clubs which rely more heavily on gate receipts for their survival.  It is possible for the big clubs to play behind closed doors and get money in through televised coverage.  Also, amateur clubs and some semi professional clubs could also survive as they get so little income from gate receipts anyway.  Also, easing of lockdown may allow for gatherings of 100 or so provided the space available allows for social distancing rules to be respected, so a club which normally gets gates of 300 may be able to carry on as normal but a club with gates of 3000 will not.  It is therefore clubs like ours that are likely to find it hardest to get back to some kind of normality.

There is no easy way out of this.  What is vital is that we get the virus under control and we can all help in this in maintaining social distancing and hygiene rules when we do go out.  Then when football does finally return to our stadium, those of us that can still afford will need to make a point of supporting the club as much as we can.  Whatever next season holds for ICT, the one thing we can guarantee is that it will need the support of its fans.

• Agree 2

We can kick of anytime with our crowds 2 metres ffs can have 10 metres between us! Hearts are holding the league to ransom I'm starting to loose sympathy for them end of the day they made poor management appoints which also cost us big time after Yogi bought a squad not fit for purpose on high wages and most importantly were utter gash for most of the season you ain't bottom by playing well tho I did think they'd get out of it never no now time they just accept it bag there manager and beg Tam Wright to take them back to there former mid table glories!

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Stop wasting time on reconstruction that will never go through and find a way to restart the football season as quickly and safely as possible.

Restarting football might involve forced reconstruction. 

• Agree 1

Yeah, I agree with you Rig, and to an extent Lightlamp2 (but its highly unlikely).

in fact, my worry now turns to two things:

1) Having a squad capable of being successful next season

2) The worry of JR leaving for Hearts or St J. Some will say its not likely but, to do you really think SG/RM would turn down compensation by saying no to these 2 clubs, IF they came in for him??

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

Yeah, I agree with you Rig, and to an extent Lightlamp2 (but its highly unlikely).

in fact, my worry now turns to two things:

1) Having a squad capable of being successful next season

2) The worry of JR leaving for Hearts or St J. Some will say its not likely but, to do you really think SG/RM would turn down compensation by saying no to these 2 clubs, IF they came in for him??

I wouldn't worry about either of these things most of the clubs seem to be in a worse state than us with most of there squad out of contract and would Robbo leaving really be that bad he's had 3 goes already sometimes good to get a new manager in with fresh ideas I don't think anyway either of that clubs will want him tbh anyway!

Reconstruction will happen but it won’t be budge’s proposal but more natural down to who can play and who can’t. League 1+2 will likely mothball barring Falkirk and Patrick and likes of queens and a few other in champ may not get started so we may get some change. The most interesting part of sportsound was budge’s comments on wealthy backers looking to hand a no strings multi million pound donation to mainly the lower leagues. Sounds like Doncaster is not doing his job if true that the spfl are not negotiating atm 

On 5/31/2020 at 1:09 AM, gingerjaggy said:

Reconstruction will happen but it won’t be budge’s proposal but more natural down to who can play and who can’t. League 1+2 will likely mothball barring Falkirk and Patrick and likes of queens and a few other in champ may not get started so we may get some change. The most interesting part of sportsound was budge’s comments on wealthy backers looking to hand a no strings multi million pound donation to mainly the lower leagues. Sounds like Doncaster is not doing his job if true that the spfl are not negotiating atm 

Pure gash by Budge there for sure who's gonna hand over millions for what Cowdenbeath to survive she's a Walter Mitty character if it's true why she not just pass on Doncasters number to this mysterious daftie / dafties ! The old boot just needs to accept it's over this season for hearts stop wasting everybody's time with pie in the sky ***** and rebuild her club her own fault they're where they are with her terrible mismanagement 

• Disagree 1

People are going to have to understand that until there is a vaccine for Covid, there will be a risk in everything we do. You either have to be prepared to accept that risk or basically shut yourself off as a virtual hermit. I, for one would be prepared to accept the risk. I an see no reason why we cannot plan for crowds from the start of January at the latest but perhaps even sooner if social distancing can be maintained and that distance reduced to a metre as they are now doing in some countries in Europe. 

2 hours ago, Huisdean said:

People are going to have to understand that until there is a vaccine for Covid, there will be a risk in everything we do. You either have to be prepared to accept that risk or basically shut yourself off as a virtual hermit. I, for one would be prepared to accept the risk. I an see no reason why we cannot plan for crowds from the start of January at the latest but perhaps even sooner if social distancing can be maintained and that distance reduced to a metre as they are now doing in some countries in Europe. 

Phase 3 in Scotland does allow for limited crowds at stadiums so fingers crossed