FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

V Queens Park (H)

tm4tj

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Giving it a miss today. Watching shinty instead. The Arnie line of 'I'll be back' may not be the case for me. 

Wish the team well though. But can't abide by someone like Gardiner in charge rolling out the red carpet for his mates. 

Shinty 😂 Jeezo 

• Facepalm 1

Same old I'm afraid, although we had nice touches in first half and were unlucky twice to  Billy Mackay shots.Defensive error cost us  a goal yet again and thank goodness for Billy Mackay,Shaw and Davidson and young Bray in second half.We will have to sharpen up if we are going to make anything of this season with Dundee U,Queens, Partick and Dunfermiline all pushing for for top.Not a lot else you can say other that Queens were running rings round us for most of second half.Standside linesman had a poor game missing too many incidents.

• Well Said 1

20 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Scot Gardiner in giving Dodds a new 2 year deal. 

Yeah the way Dodds instructs the defenders to make basic errors is something that he needs to change. A better manager would ask them to defend properly instead!

• Funny 1
  • Thoughtful 2

What an abysmal performance, but it's what I expected when I saw the formation and team line up. We were so light in midfield, only Carson and Gilmore in the CM, we really needed another in there, and it just shows how tactically unaware Dodds is, that he never changed a thing at half time. In my opinion we should have started with one up top, Mckay, Samuels is just not cutting it for me, and then one in behind, Doran or Bray, and have another CM in the middle. We don't have Welsh or Allardice now and we get over run by our opponents in there. And there is still far too much of the 'punt the ball anywhere up the park', just hoping that one of our players get onto it, which rarely happens, while our opponents pass the ball through us. Queens Park were by far the better team, and the ref was one of the worst I've seen. I fear that this is going to be a very long hard season, and if we can't win our home matches I dread to think where wins will come from.

• Agree 4

What a start to the league 😭. Can't remember us getting more that 2 passes put together and why do we play with more urgency for the last 10 minutes of the match, play like that from the start! The only positive from today's game for me was Keith Bray looks a good prospect for the season.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

12 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Unfortunately missed this game as on holiday. Can anyone confirm if we have an injury crisis yet please?

It looks like Nicolson out for season,  and Roddy Macgregor is having an operation on is ankle on Monday so I believe, don't know what's the story with Welsh, but he's missed the last couple of games. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TheCaleyOne said:

What a start to the league 😭. Can't remember us getting more that 2 passes put together and why do we play with more urgency for the last 10 minutes of the match, play like that from the start! The only positive from today's game for me was Keith Bray looks a good prospect for the season.

I said the same thing to my son, if we score, we will throw the kitchen sink at them in the last ten minutes, why don't we start like that? Dodds couldn't pick his nose, never mind the correct starting eleven. Bray should be a starter every time, he has energy and desire.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

It looks like Nicolson out for season,  and Roddy Macgregor is having an operation on is ankle on Monday so I believe, don't know what's the story with Welsh, but he's missed the last couple of games. 

Thank **** we have Panos on board, that seems to be making all the difference to our advising the club on how to manage players on an individual level and mitigate injuries. Least we won't have to pay him a significant day rate as a third party consultant 🙄

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, robbo1985 said:

Who made the really bad error for the goal? 

Harper, uncharacteristically. He should have done a simple pass back to Ridgers but hesitated and lost possession.

That was a very disappointing afternoon. We started fast but from about the fifth minute Queens Park started to dominate possession and just seemed sharper than us. Both teams had chances before we gifted the goal.

The early goal in the second half really killed it and we only started showing some urgency after Bray and Hyde replaced Gilmour and Longstaff.

Davidson got what turned out to be a consolation.

Both ‘keepers had good saves and on another day there would have been more goals.

As others have said, Bray was the pick of the players, followed by Shaw, Mckay and Duffy.

For me Samuels spent too much time on the deck after contact from QP players and whilst his pace is an asset I don’t think he’s the right option as a starter right now and he should be used as an impact player off the bench.

I need to see more of Lodovica before forming an opinion on him. He’s a big lad and deceptively quick but the jury is out.

I’m forming the opinion Carson is a better right back than central midfielder but that was maybe as we tended to be outnumbered so he was fighting an uphill battle.

QP deserved the win but the ref should have stamped out the time wasting. How many times did they kick the ball away, get a second ball on the park or dawdle at kick outs? It’s not an excuse but the authorities should make refs clamp down on it.

Our home form let us down last season and hopefully we don’t repeat that this year. Two big away games now in which we need to pick up points. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

Can’t be worse than crying at the the crap on show today!

It wasn't. I enjoyed the shinty. Refreshing afternoon and positive. Can't say I'm in any rush to waste my money watching ICT, with a crap head coach, narcissistic CEO and feeling peed off at 4.45pm. 

Plenty more to do on a Saturday afternoon folks. Give it a try. 

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

FFS : yet another home defeat....

Really don't think I could stomach another season of mediocrity (at best).

Was thinking of Ayr away...but think I'll give it a miss..

• Sad 1

Absolutely dominated by QP , who passed it around us for fun and imo did us a favour by time wasting and not going for a 3rd or 4th goal. Could have been embarrassing today.

We really are devoid of any fresh ideas and the opportunity for change in the summer has been a badly  missed one.

Barely 2000 for an opening day fixture ,sez it all really, nobody gives a toss about the clubs current set up.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Absolutely dominated by QP , who passed it around us for fun and imo did us a favour by time wasting and not going for a 3rd or 4th goal. Could have been embarrassing today.

We really are devoid of any fresh ideas and the opportunity for change in the summer has been a badly  missed one.

Barely 2000 for an opening day fixture ,sez it all really, nobody gives a toss about the clubs current set up.

Yes. I really get the impression that Dodds & co seem to happy with a little above garbage..

• tm4tj unpinned this topic