FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

16 minutes ago, STFU said:

Loaning players from County!  Surely this is rock bottom, which gives me hope that the only direction for the club from this point is up.

Makes some sense - no relocation costs - our experience with Welsh players has been positive so far. 

4 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Makes some sense - no relocation costs - our experience with Welsh players has been positive so far. 

You're correct, it makes sense for a club who can't afford, or attract, players from any further afield.

Desperate time, desperate measures, especially if you take Ferguson's comments this week into account.

2 hours ago, STFU said:

Loaning players from County!  Surely this is rock bottom, which gives me hope that the only direction for the club from this point is up.

No, loaning from Elgin, THAT would be rock bottom!

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, Oferesbumfiddle said:

Seen we are linked with Ben Wilson from Cliftonville. Think this would be a good signing. Young and a great goalscorer. Still think we should be looking to add some creativity

Interesting one this.  Our previous signings from the Irish Premiership flopped but this is a different scenario altogether.  Curtis Allen and Darren Mcauley had been playing Irish League for a few years and we didnt have any competition.  Ben has just turned 21 and spent 5 years at Brighton before coming back to NI in the summer so he's had a good grounding. He's attracted a fair bit interest and a few teams have contacted Cliftonville to express their interest so I would have my doubts we could get him.  Perhaps Big Dunc's name might be a big enough pull but he's certainly an interesting prospect.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It's now getting ridiculous how we're seeing more players leave than arrive with just over a week to go of the transfer window!!

If we don't get our finger out our arse and sign players then out squad is going to be tiny, ffs it's like we want relegated 😡😡😡😡😡😡!!!!

• Funny 1
  • Sad 2

It's a ridiculous theory to think we want relegated, but the hard truth of the matter is that we have next to no money to sign players, and the club isn't exactly an appealing prospect to entice players to at the moment.  This means that there might not be anything we can do to avoid relegation other than pray Ferguson can mould the current squad into enough to keep us 8th or better.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, STFU said:

and the club isn't exactly an appealing prospect to entice players to at the moment.  

Surely the mega bucks attraction of Hibs at home should be enough (if players aren't cup tied) :whistle:

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

It's now getting ridiculous how we're seeing more players leave than arrive with just over a week to go of the transfer window!!

If we don't get our finger out our arse and sign players then out squad is going to be tiny, ffs it's like we want relegated 😡😡😡😡😡😡!!!!

It’s a dire situation financially - we need to trim the squad to garner as much spare cash in the kitty as we can before we bring others in. 

• Like 1

Off topic slightly I know but surely thus is the time fir all ICT fans to start turning up and supporting the team thereby generating some more cash for the manager. 

Fully appreciate that the recent home games have not been the most exciting but , to me at least, it just seems like giving some fans another reason not to attend (not that some need one).

If we get relegated,  don't think we will, then that could be the end of full-time football for some time, so it's up to the fans to get behind the manager and team

Moan all you want at the board but at least turn up to help the team.

• Like 2
  • Well Said 9

3 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Off topic slightly I know but surely thus is the time fir all ICT fans to start turning up and supporting the team thereby generating some more cash for the manager. 

Fully appreciate that the recent home games have not been the most exciting but , to me at least, it just seems like giving some fans another reason not to attend (not that some need one).

If we get relegated,  don't think we will, then that could be the end of full-time football for some time, so it's up to the fans to get behind the manager and team

Moan all you want at the board but at least turn up to help the team.

I'm sure if the club had personally contacted fans to enquire why they hadn't renewed a lot more would have? This has always happened in previous years 

It seems that some prefer to support/moan without attending, but that mindset I suspect is near impossible to change. Sometimes it's best to just leave them be, they'll miss the nose eventually. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Get rid of the CEO.  That'll save a wage AND bring a few fans back.

Doubt it.

Didn't realise we were all CEO fans rather than football fans. 

The team the results the experience that's what we support. Wouldn't even know Scott's name if we winning. 

Who was ceo with Pele? With butcher? With Robertson first time round? 

I don't know but I remember baltacha and  foran as managers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

It seems that some prefer to support/moan without attending, but that mindset I suspect is near impossible to change. Sometimes it's best to just leave them be, they'll miss the nose eventually. 

I know this isn't aimed at me because most on here aren't that type of people but I am going to say my piece regarding that ;), I work weekends in a job I love so I don't find it easy to get down to matches from Thurso plus I'm not comfortable going down myself, I know Inverness is a safe City compared to others but I just prefer to go with a group of people so I feel safer.  But I will say this, one of my career goals is to work in an outdoor nursery and luckily there is one or two in the Inverness area (Tornagrain and Elgin) that I have given considerable and serious consideration too so one day I may get down to more matches but again :ictscarf:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satan said:

Two sides to every story,

- If your favourite restaurant started serving crap food would you still go?

- If your preferred clothing brand suddenly dipped in quality would you still buy from them?

- If your favourite band brought out an inferior album than previous efforts would you listen to it much?

Football is another 'experience' product, and when your club no longer have any consideration for you as a customer and serve up poor quality product you are entitled to give it a miss.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 1

When I come home after a game and tell my wife what a shite game it was - again, she is at a loss to understand why I still go.  But after over 40 years, I think it is healthy still to have a bit of mystery in a marriage.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

37 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

- If your preferred clothing brand suddenly dipped in quality would you still buy from them?

- If your favourite band brought out an inferior album than previous efforts would you listen to it much?

Football is another 'experience' product, and when your club no longer have any consideration for you as a customer and serve up poor quality product you are entitled to give it a miss.

Duke you are right about food, clothing and music I would change but as sure as hell I am not going over the bridge to watch County  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

43 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

I might have a favourite restaurant,  but I eat in many different ones, hell I even eat at McDonald's once in a blue moon.

I only support one team.

If you don't support your club, fair enough , maybe they just aren't your club anymore.

So go to that other restaurant,  stop buying those Armani jeans, and ffs just give up on Kasabian!

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2