Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

If Ferguson feels he has something to prove,  fair enough. As regards Gardner.  The impression I have is of someone who has made too many enemies in the area. You can't  even say he's  a marmite figure. Some people  like marmite. No apparent effort to court local business is crazy in any enterprise, never mind a football club. I think he should be shown the door.

• Like 2

The Scottish football podcast is talking about us today. Barry Wilson is a guest. They couldn’t get anyone from club to come on

I can’t get the link to work it’s on bbc sounds 

As others have said, fair play to RM for offering to do this and well done to the pod guys.

The Chairman provided a lot of interesting info and came across as very open and honest, no attempt to spin things, just telling it like he sees it, and I think we can all appreciate that even if we don’t agree with him.

I thought, however, that he did a very poor job of explaining/justifying the Kelty move, when he had an opportunity to sell to fans exactly why it is needed or beneficial. He’s not a great communicator, as we already knew. The interview also highlighted that he is not a hands on, close to the detail type of chairman. He clearly relies heavily on others like the CEO, which is unsurprising as he has his own businesses to run full time.

He also confirmed what to me has apparent for a long time, that he would happily step aside if someone else stepped forward. He was basically inviting them to do so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Therein lies the problem.  He is an absentee chairman who has let Gardiner dictate things.  No-one will step forward to replace him while Gardiner is there so the chairman has one simple task, sack Gardiner and maybe someone will take over. This would also get some fans back onside. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

Sorry but I am a bit of a luddite. Can i only get the latest pod on Twitter? The work you lads have put in to get these published is phenomenal and I for one think they are essential listening. So, is there another way?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

Sorry but I am a bit of a luddite. Can i only get the latest pod on Twitter? The work you lads have put in to get these published is phenomenal and I for one think they are essential listening. So, is there another way?

Podbean app. Also on audible app.

Edited by robbylad
Further information

18 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

No-one will step forward to replace him while Gardiner is there

Anyone who steps forward can just get rid of Gardiner themselves, if they think someone else could do a better job!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

Don't think they release the podcast on 78s unfortunately.

• Funny 3

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Anyone who steps forward can just get rid of Gardiner themselves, if they think someone else could do a better job!

Why should someone else carry the cost?

I've not seen anyone doubt RMs passion as a fan but right now he's allowing his loyalty to a friend to override that passion and do harm to the club.

We the fans are not responsible for the money he has put in.  Money that there is nothing to show for.  He has funded the gamble to keep spending on large player wages, a CEO, a sporting director (who's been paid to sit at home for 7 months and was moonlighting on the radio while here), 2 useless managers (one of whom he gave a 2 year deal and then sacked 5 games later and the other that got us relegated), not to mention all the batshit crazy side projects.

He spent his money chasing his vision of the club and now he expects someone else to come in to give him his money back and bail the club out.

He claims that people at the club fully support the idea but people from the club are telling others they knew nothing of it until it was announced.

Cry me a river and float the F U C K  O F F down it.

If he'd spent that money on the stadium and improving the fan experience.  If he'd focused on fan engagement and the basics.  Then I'd still be a ST and willing to chip in a bit more besides.  I suspect others would have as well.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 1

51 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

No they are all on podbean. That's where I listen. 

The Scottish football pod is on BBC sounds 

1 hour ago, robbylad said:

If Ferguson feels he has something to prove,  fair enough. 

Not fair enough. He's trying to prove he's not a complete failure so he can get another job. So far, he's unemployable after two relegations. A promotion might make him saleable again. We've seen enough. Any decent manager would have got us well out of relegation by not playing 5 at the back and a midfield made up of another defender and our leading striker, whilst sidelining Samuels and Rory.

Ferguson was our biggest problem. 

• Agree 4

43 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

And the video is available on betamax from blockbuster

what about 8-Track and phonograph? 

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not much else places that Gardiner & Co. will see a sign calling for their heads. Can't imagine they're especially welcome at most city center establishments...

Find out where Gardiner gets his hair cut & stick a poster outside calling for his head. That should make him think twice about going in .. 

• Funny 1

Just been doing a wee simple arithmetic exercise. Ross Morrison says we will save £300k by going to Kelty. Given what I spend on season ticket, cup game tickets, sponsorship etc a season multiplied by , say, 700 who are not going to renew season tickets gives approx £500k. Throw in a £100k salary which we don’t need. Problem solved. Just saying…..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

I've not seen anyone doubt RMs passion as a fan but right now he's allowing his loyalty to a friend to override that passion and do harm to the club.

We the fans are not responsible for the money he has put in.  Money that there is nothing to show for.  He has funded the gamble to keep spending on large player wages, a CEO, a sporting director (who's been paid to sit at home for 7 months and was moonlighting on the radio while here), 2 useless managers (one of whom he gave a 2 year deal and then sacked 5 games later and the other that got us relegated), not to mention all the batshit crazy side projects.

He spent his money chasing his vision of the club and now he expects someone else to come in to give him his money back and bail the club out.

He claims that people at the club fully support the idea but people from the club are telling others they knew nothing of it until it was announced.

Cry me a river and float the F U C K  O F F down it.

If he'd spent that money on the stadium and improving the fan experience.  If he'd focused on fan engagement and the basics.  Then I'd still be a ST and willing to chip in a bit more besides.  I suspect others would have as well.

I totally agree but as as mod you should put in a few **** 😜

• Like 1

Who’d have thought on this day 9 years ago where we would be and what we’d be discussing today!

How we’ve fallen in that time. 

• Agree 1