FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Club 'do'

maimie

The Supporters Club End of Season 'do' will be taking place this year on Tuesday 15 May 2007 at 7.30pm down at the stadium.

Once again due to the split we have not been able to arrange a 'traditional' party.  This one will be a Meet the Players night with a buffet and hopefully we will be able to have a wee question and answer session with Charlie and the team.  It will be an ideal opportunity to chat with the players and to get tops and autograph books signed.  We will also be doing our presentations.

Tickets are on sale for £5 from Committee members (me, Lady F, Smiler, Caleyjen, Shona Garrity and Kerr Campbell.  You can get me on 07720 433660 or post here.

We need to seriously think about what we do at the end of the season from now as this is certainly not the ideal.  Last year we tried it at the start of the season but that wasn't very successful either for some reason.  The club will now be having an annual ball towards the end of the season but the price of this puts it way out of the league of many 'ordinary' supporters and certainly the younger ones.  The Committee have had various thoughts about what format this event should take in the future and when - possibly even again a midweek thing where the players could go but be able to have a drink and have it more of a disco type thing.

The committee would welcome your input into this so we can start planning now for the future.  Also, like any event it will only be a success if it's supported by the fans.  It really is a shame for so much effort to be put into something, the players all to be there but the fans don'e seem to care....  Bit like a Saturday sometimes...

maimie - you've got mail  :004:

The best supporters club do I have been to was the night in the Corriegarth in 2003 - that was excellent. a small enough venue to make it busy and enough people there to make it enjoyable. It also helped that Robbo came along with his 'party head' on and brought a few of the players with him. Wonder if "The Fly" still has his blazer ..... or maybe I am just being sentimental as I remember the Internutters / Marchers serenading me with a rendition of "leaving on a jetplane" as I was heading for Canada a week later ....

got it Scotty thanks!  :001:

yes - it was a great night that one.....

Yompa's 50th, the end of season 'do', Dennis talking for hours and hours, the pictures wee Fin drew for him,  Robbo giving the jacket to the Fly, and all the players being there for ages and ages!!

Dennis talking for hours and hours

Yes, I remember him sitting quietly in the corner chatting with loads of fans over the course of the night. I also recall me drunkenly telling him "Wish you wouldnt go, but good luck ... we know you'll be back when we get to the SPL"  :015: :015: :015:  - a psychic moment second only to IHE's daily psychotic psychic episodes.

Glad to see that the SC has managed to get some sort of get togehter arranged for the fans and players. Sorry I can't make it I'll be walking down the road during HM5.

When ICT reached the SPL I was worried that we would lose this link with the club with regard to an end-of-season party and this appears to be coming a reality. I suppose the tougest part is being able to organise an envent when you don't know when or where the season will finish because of the wretched spilt. I had the good fortune to attend the recent sponsors evening and found that to be an excellent early evening get together. This format would seem to be ideal for the fans and players but I'm sure the team would have prefered it if they could have had a drink too. I hope the SC get together gets the support it certainly deserves.

The blazer is hanging proudly in my wardrobe, a little tighter around the waist than back then  :001: :001: :001: - it still comes out on special occasions! I've still got Shearer's old training jacket as well  :003:

That was a great night, but I think the following year (the day we won the First Division) was even better - pics clicky - remember Robbo rolling in with the trophy, and then Emily having to babysit it for the rest of the evening as it was passed around for everyone to read the names and hold for photos!

Scotty - I remember what you said when I suggested that a certain internet photosite red cross whizz could take over this site for you...  :015:

It's a shame that nothing can be sorted in advance because of the split - because of this we can't get a date for a last home game, even without knowing who we're going to play  :008: 

I don't know what can be done about this, other than perhaps trying to provisionally book the last two weekends of the season and then cancelling when you know which Saturday is going to be the last home - but I can't imagine that many (if any) venues would buy into that idea!

i dont get it.  couldn't something have been organized for the day of the scottish cup final seen as theres no home game to end the season on?

if it could have we would have clacher believe me.  unfortunately the team are on holidays....

shame.  maybe next year

given that the last home game of the past 2 seasons has been an away one it might be time to bite the bullet and book somewhere as soon as the fixture list is out....  must be due a home one next season....

only thing then would be if the Club decide to do 'something' that day too.... :007:

Pardon my french but "feck the club" - This end of season ball malarky is pricing the normal fans out of the game in that regard - once again it seems to be all about the corporates with little regard given to Joe Bloggs who turns up every week and digs deep to get the funds to follow ICT.

Pardon my french but "feck the club" - This end of season ball malarky is pricing the normal fans out of the game in that regard - once again it seems to be all about the corporates with little regard given to Joe Bloggs who turns up every week and digs deep to get the funds to follow ICT.

Most off the corporate types ain't interested in the team probably not football either, just there for the jolly, and to be seen to be in the right company.

Most off the corporate types ain't interested in the team probably not football either, just there for the jolly, and to be seen to be in the right company.

problem is that if there is a ball like that then the chances are that the team will be expected to be there rather than with the common man....

however - i do believe there is one man on the inside on our side......  :004:

I look forward to that Feb 8th, as I'm not sure I can make it along.  I think I'll have to work and a Tuesday night doesn't suit my kids who both have things on.

not long home and it was a smashing night.  all the first team were there and all the coaching staff too...  big thanks to them all for making the effort.  there were loads of young kids there who were just over the moon to meet their heros!  given that it was a week night there was a tremendous turnout from the supporters but fingers crossed for next year...

there was a short question and answer session (cats and tongues spring to mind..) but the younger half of Us2 kicked it off by asking Craig was he going to stay or go...  Craig - ever the diplomat - said he would be making the decision at the end of the season...  so a week to wait.  and well done the young one for not embarrassing your mother!

charlie gave a wee chat and thanked the team for their efforts this year and wished Darren all the best at his new club  :007:

the ssshhhh!  :music01: ssshhhh! was mentioned and it was viewed favourably if you know what i mean....  not to much was said about the recent past but... :004: charlie is all in favour of anything that will improve the atmosphere at the ground....

the caleyjags.com award went to graham and was presented by young callum ferguson

the caleythistleonline one to Barry and presented by Caley100 who also gave barry a bottle of grecian 2000!

the supporters club one went to grant.

peter was there taking photos so i'm sure they'll be up on cj.com as soon as....

a big thank you to all those who came tonight - it really was good fun and shows that we can still be the sort of club where we can have an evening with the players and sit and chat to them like you could to the 'boy next door'!

thanks too to Liz and the staff for setting up clearing up and feeding us..

and finally a big thank you to all the committee for their hard work over the year.