FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County 1-0 UP

Who gives a feck about County.  The fact that we are in the SPL while they languish in the lower leagues playing Berwick and Brechin means that we will be more attractive to sponsors.  Let's hope Pele manages to administer a few thrashings next season.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

County were awful yesterday, I think they were probably better under Bobby Wilson. Jardine and Cowie were OK. Their best player was a second half sub (didn't catch his name) who came on for the unimpressive Alan Morgan. We shouldn't touch any of the rest of them, especially their defenders, with a barge pole - or their keeper.

As for Gretna, go out and put your mortgage on them going down next season. For as bad as County were they still should have won the game - they had so much time and space in the Gretna half in the last half hour but wasted it. A quality attacking team would have put 6 or 7 past them. And they were no better at the other end, all of their goals came from shocking County defending.

Relegation might be the best thing that could have happened to County. Now they can start to cut their cloth more sensibly - no more dodgey SPL reject mercenaries. Hopefully they'll give some local youngsters and Highland league talent a chance.

And how cool would it be to see a second division title race between County and Peterhead next season? I'll definatly be going up to Victoria Park to support Pele, Bavige, Spider, Mann and co.

One more point, I had a laugh when the County fans sung...

"They come from down the ferry, they haven't got a telly, they're dirty and they're smelly, the Caley family."

...Sounds like we've been out of their league for so long they've started to get a bit confused.