FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FALKIRK V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]See the stats etc by choosing today's game from  HERE[/li]

LINEUPS

Falkirk

[attach=1]

ICT

[attach=2]

not a single post in the match thread yet .... guess everyone is as bored as I am listening to it !!!!!

Bazza coming on for Rankin now ......

Not even bothering to listen to the game - looks like Falkirk have 7th place sewn up now.

Why is McBain starting?? Why drop Marhus?? Very odd tactics  :018:

Surely Rankin has been playing well in his preferred central midfield position. I'm assuming he'll have had to move wide left to accomodate McBain.

Full-time 1-0.Roll on next week.

Tempted to give next weeks game a miss and save some cash. The prospect of seeing Dunfermline for a 3rd time at the Caledonian Stadium doesn't really appeal  :007:

think i will go and listen to a 'Smiths' album to cheer myself up after this game - was even tempted to hoover the basement carpet during this game as i was that bored. feel very sorry for the 100+ ICT fans who endured the journey to see it in person

Not even bothering to listen to the game - looks like Falkirk have 7th place sewn up now.

Why is McBain starting?? Why drop Marhus?? Very odd tactics  :018:

Surely Rankin has been playing well in his preferred central midfield position. I'm assuming he'll have had to move wide left to accomodate McBain.

Not sure what happened today but Rankin played centre midfield last week with Duncan. McBain was wide right  :017: and Marcus wide left. McBain is normally pretty solid in the middle or as a left midfielder. Seemed odd to have him wide right last week and I wonder if he was the same today?

Yes indeedy, same again. More like a pre season friendly than end of season. Only singing was a short flurry of 'can you hear the Caley sing' from a dozen or so Bairns fans after they scored, otherwise the game was played in total silence, apart from a muppet behind us (not the usual one) who moaned all day and gave Mikey stick for the goal, then took the hump when Naelifts told him to support his team next time  :clapping03:.

The game was petering out to 0-0 before a defensive howler gave Finnegan the winner. The pies were good though. And I got to play with my new camera.

Well well, surprise surprise, a dull end of season game, who would have thought that. Not too much to get excited about. We just about deserved a draw but managed to lose a poor defensive goal from a 70 yard free kick from Smeichel that went over the top of the defense and landed in front of Mikey which was fine, unfortunately Finnegan had nipped in between defenders and keeper and the ball spooned over him into the empty net, disappointing. That happened just when it seemed we were gaining the upper hand after squandering three or four half chances. In the first half Mikey made a brilliant save to deny Lima I think after he unleashed a tremendous thirty yard shot, but Mike tipped it over from under the bar. Schmeichel did likewise in the second half from a Hart free kick and Bazza wasted the best of the lot for us when he drove weakly across the keeper from fifteen yards when racing in on goal. Bairns hit the crossbar after a slow motion end of season scramble before they scored but then we looked most likely. However, we contrived to undo the good work and after the goal we sort of petered out.

Hart had a good game, Duncan was my MoM and Roy, although often on the right saw plenty of action, unfortunately on the wrong foot. Fraser looked pretty good, goal apart, not sure who the blame lies with yet, TV will reveal all. Dargo.............fairly quiet, some neat flicks but no driving runs into the box. Bayne, usual stuff, a few good knock ons but also some histrionics creeping into his game, leave that for Andy Murray son. Patti not on long enough but had a last ditch strike that sailed a few feet wide. Rankin not at his best. Dods standard punt the ball the way he is facing, Caff, not a right back, which means that Tokelers was being rested for his homecoming next week for the 400 mark. Hastings awol part of the game, and his crossing is still ****e. Thats about it, yep Duncan and Hart top marks from a game we snatched defeat from the jaws of a draw.

Oh forgot to add, it's me, tm4tj on crushers laptop, in Embru with a broken c, it's no easy.

enjoy

ps

forgot to add also.................as some codgers like to know how many away fans attended the game..................probably about 117, more than i expected.

And, how many temporary stands can you fit round one ground??? Two it would seem. Crowd announced as something like 3100ish.

.................as some codgers like to know how many away fans attended the game..................probably about 117, more than i expected. And, how many temporary stands can you fit round one ground??? Two it would seem. Crowd announced as something like 3100ish.

crowd announced as 3129 and they also said that 2960 were home fans on the radio [not sure where that info came from] ... makes the away support 169 in total - feel sorry for each and every one of them !!!!

was one of 169 at the game  thought we got caught out for the goal but played some good football would have liked to have seen roosco at rigt back as caff didint get up the pitch enough for me richie hart mom on bbc scotland  was everyewhere  today well done but why do we keep zander on the bench its the end of the season give the youngsters a chance   

Was an extremely boring match.  Fraser had nothing to do all game apart from pick the ball out the net and make Stewart look like an erse (not difficult, thank god Falkirk ended up winning the battle fo his signature  :017:) . In the first half there was very little quality shown from either team, seemed to last forever. Second half, Falkirk had a chance where the ball bounced about our six yard box until eventually cleared but after that we looked the far more likely side and although it was a dull atmosphere, at times we were stringing some decent passes together and most of the game was played in Falkirk's half. Bayne had a couple of bad misses and Kasper made a brilliant save from Wilson (?) when he got himself through on goal, Barr and Milne put in a decent shift for Falkirk at the back. I thought it was a matter of time until we scored but after a couple of subs the defence fell asleep, long ball punted and it was one of those.... should the keeper come or should the defender (Munro) clear... anyway Finnigan nipped in and to be fair to the lad it was a cracking finish. After that we gave up and Falkirk came more into the game... typical end of season affair but I thought a point for each team would have been a true reflection.

Summary..

Worst player on the park: Stewart

Best player on the park: Hart

So from reading some of the above we played with McBain on the right wing  :rotflmao:

Then we deserved to lose. What kind of message does that send to the likes of Zander? We'd rather play someone out of position than give you a game  :020:

Yer new cameras working ok then.

Forgot to put ma make up on.

crusher right behind me

I may just add, I have seen worse games, this one lacked any atmosphere and with little at stake was played out like a pre-season kickabout. Still, we did create a few chances, Hart, Wilson, Bayne, all failed in front of goal, Bayne diving header going wide from what looked like a decent position and even Dargo tried and failed to squeeze in a header when sandwiched between two giant defenders in the first half.

So, not all is doom and gloom, turn up next week, I'm sure Rossco will be back for his big day.

MOM was Kaspar Schmeichel for that fantastic strop after he miskicked the ball out and had a major temper tantrum at his defence. Far more entertaining than the football.  :015:

Hmmmmnnnn. I see what you mean Mantis.

Clever production technique to use the Adonis like picture first, then display the uglier side of the human fizzog. It always gets em going, I use it all the time........ :hiding03:

a sort of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.