FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

short break in london

Tug

need a lottle bit of help please

im toying with the idea of taking the wofe down to london for a weekend away after i get back from the desert to go and see a play and was hoping that someone might be ablew to give me a recomendation for something good. we have seen the lion king and really enjoyed it but i quite fancy going back to see something else if anyone can recomend anything i would be gratefull.

many thanks

Lord of the Rings - which made its world debut in Toronto before moving to London is pretty spectacular although the word was that they were going to 'tone it down' when it left Toronto.

We Will Rock You is also pretty good if you are into Queen music. Forget the storyline which is certainly not Shakespeare (its a kind of "1984" scenario where music has been banned - written by Ben Elton), but the way they managed to fit in 30+ queen songs is pretty cool. I went to see it in Toronto and from what I hear its the same show as is playing in London.

Spamalot also got good reviews over here but didnt manage to get to see that one :(

If you like musicals, it is hard to beat Les Miserables in my opinion.  Or if you like Abba music, then Mama Mia is excellent.  Its not the story of Abba by the way, just their music woven cleverly into a story about a young girl who is about to be married.  If you look in the weekend supplements of the Times or Telegraph, you will often see package deals for these shows combining hotel and tickets.  Good luck.

Guest dougald

Phantom is Great, Les Miserables also, if you like Abba music and don't mind a crap story line then Mama Mia is the one

Enjoy