FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Worst Ever Player

Kingsmills

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox cant be the worst - he scored a couple of goals and did ok in some games

Other than my first choice of Vetle, I would class some of the worst as those we didnt get the best out of and there are 3 that spring to mind

1. Gary Farquhar - heralded as a superstar when he came to the club because he was coming from a higher league he vanished almost immediately and his ICT career ended because of off-field problems.

2. Mike Newlands - never even kicked a ball for ICT. A career ending injury meant he never made it into the squad let alone onto the park.

[attach=1]

Farquhar, Newlands and Bavidge sign for the club.

3. Paul Bradshaw - looked very promising in pre-season when he signed and in his 5 appearances and I think he might have been a very good player but once again, off-field issues and inability to adjust to full time football ended a career.

But my overall prize for the worst player goes to one who racked up a baffling number of appearances......Darran Thompson. Whenever he was on the pitch, it was worse than going down to 10 men.

Clean forgot about him  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: Remember that night at Pittodrie.

Guest sophia

John Rankin, he's ut.......

Sorry, that's another story.

No point in nominating young lads that didn't have it to cut it at whatever level they were pitched in at throughout our history.

For an almost criminal waste of talent it has to be Marco De-Barros.

This man must have been at war mentally to throw away such a chance.

What joy when he signed and mesmerised us with his skill and that was during the warm up.

Then - nothing but tantalising glimpses, Albion Rovers springs to mind, of what could have been.

Oh and what about Billy Urquhart - 3 appearances and no goals.

For an almost criminal waste of talent it has to be Marco De-Barros.

true ... and as I said above, the same could be said for both Farquhar and Bradshaw

I always mention this guy and i think he only ever played 3 games.  But a defender we got on loan from Ayr I think called Greg Hood,  possibly the slowest man I've ever seen.  Unsurprisingly he was never offered a permanent deal.

Nicky Walker was also very bad for us. 

Marco de Barros could have been a legend!!  He came off the bench at half time on his debut I think against East Stirling and tore them apart.  I remember him in that game flicking the ball up and playing and overhead kick pass down the line :015:  As I say could have been a legend but I don't think his heart was in most of it.  I remember one of my mates who was on the fringes of the first team at that time saying that  when he went of injured in the coca cola cup game against motherwell he faked his ankle injury for 3 or 4 months so he didn't have to play but collected his wages.  A waste really but on his day was a brilliant player!

• 10 months later...

Inability I can accept - some players just don't have it, but laziness just grinds with me no matter how good a player thinks they are - for that reason I would have Xausa at #1

You hit the nail on the head there.  Xausa was simply the laziest player I've ever seen in a Caley Thistle strip.