FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

L.A Galaxy

Guest TinCanFan

I think that I might have found the best name of any American team.  A team from the USL First Division are called:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or how about these beauties from the USL second division ......

Albuquerque Geckos

Chattanooga Express

Cincinnati Cheetahs

Columbus Xoggz ???

Everett BigFoot

Lexington Bluegrass Bandits

Southwest Florida Manatees

New York Capital District Alleycats

Myrtle Beach Seadawgs

Guest TinCanFan

There's some other names in some of the lower leagues.  Here's what I think are the best:

San Francisco Bay Seals  :017:

Syracuse Salty Dogs  :015:

Cincinnati River Hawks :010: (the Americans don't half love naming teams after wild animals)

Pitsburgh RiverHounds :rolleyes02:

New Mexico Chiles :015:

Staten Island Vipers  :026:

MLS Project 40 ???!!??

Virginia Beach Mariners  :020: who were at a time called the Hampton Roads Mariners (can you be a road mariner?)

Hawaii Tsunami :rotflmao:

San Diego Top Guns ???

RiverHounds :015:

Central California Valley Hydra  :003:

Central Jersey Riptide  :001:

Guest TinCanFan

I forgot to mention the Orlando Nighthawks who at one point were called Daytona tigers!!!  And by the way, how do you pronounce Xoggz?

I'm sure I read recently as well that Barcelona were keen to put a team in the MLS like Chivas USA which will probably be called Barcelona America or something like that.  I haven't heard anymore about it though and someone people thought that it would be hard for yank fans to support a team with another city's name in it.

Crystal Palace have already done it and I think a lot more clubs might start american versions in the near future. Palace use it to send players out on loan and also in the hope of unearthing some talent to transfer to London.

http://www.crystalpalaceusa.com

Guest TinCanFan

Well its come to this.  I knew that it was only a matter of time before you saw folk in the UK wearing LA Galaxy shirts and now I've seen my first I reckon they'll be in the shops as much as the Real Madrid and AC Milan ones.