FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Setanta comes to Canada

Scotty

This is mostly for Canada Bob, LuvGravy, Glebeict, Scarlet Pimple and a few others located in Canada ........ SETANTA will finally be coming to Canada on AUGUST 11.

It will be on 'freeview' until the end of August and then $14.99 per month after that ......... more details here : http://blog.canoe.ca/remotecontrol and Canadian listings should be available on setanta.com in the next few days.

Great news for you ex-pats. And cheaper than we pay. :024:
yeah, dont think we are getting the full package - mentioned something about no studio discussions etc .... will see it on freeview for a few weeks and if it gives me the live SPL games each weekend and the SPL highlights then I am gonna be happy. just need to get the audio side sorted now considering BBC are still forced to black out most games.

Noted :021: Scotty

I use Shaw cable for TV and Internet access. There has been some talk here in B.C. that Rogers and Shaw are going to merge. Probably inevitable.

aNYWAY THANKS FOR THAT i WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE sETANTA WEBSITE FROM NOW ON.

sp

Danny Dichio has agreed to DJ the end of season "U-Sector" supporters club event - should be excellent. supposedly he learned to DJ a few years ago and does it as a hobby !

Oh well, back to the drawing board ........ after a weekend being able to watch the Premiership both live and delayed without any mention of the SPL, I contacted Setanta to ask about the SPL coverage on the new channel ......

RESPONSE

The Rangers and Celtic Supporters clubs (RSCs and CSCs) have the live rights to all the Rangers and Celtic matches.  They simply use Setanta as a platform to broadcast these games, therefore if you want to see any of these games LIVE, you must go to a bar that hosts a CSC or RSC.

We do show these matches delayed on our channel, but never live. There is an SPL highlights show on the US channel, but not on the Canadian Sports Pack.  Other SPL teams (such as Hearts, Hibernian, etc) are sometimes shown live and/or delayed on the home programming.