FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Middle Class or Working Class (or maybe even Upper Class)

beachcomber

So much for the classless society.

According to this clicky......we're nearly all middle class now

So where do you see yourself in the great British obsession - do you look up to him, but down on him, or do you look up to him and him, or are you maybe one of the few who look down on him and him.

classb.jpg

Bowler, Trilby or Flat Cap - which one fits your napper (and why)

(I'd have done a poll for this, but find them just as annoying as petitions)

I've had to work for what I have since I was about ten so that in my book makes me working class. If the distinction is based on earnings, home ownership etc then I'm probably middle class. If it was based on land ownership, lairdship then I could be construed as being upper class. My ancestors owned vast acreage of lands around Spean Bridge until the clearances.

My own view on all this is that I came into this world without anything and I will leave it with nothing. I have the ability to be equal to and maybe even better than everyone else therefore I live in a classless society. I was brought up never to look down on anyone, treat every one as equal. I may admire the achievements of some but I will never look up to them. I care not for what others have or dont have and so long as I stay content and healthy then I will always be happy. And every one else can kiss my ***.

I've had to work for what I have since I was about ten so that in my book makes me working class. If the distinction is based on earnings, home ownership etc then I'm probably middle class. If it was based on land ownership, lairdship then I could be construed as being upper class. My ancestors owned vast acreage of lands around Spean Bridge until the clearances.

My own view on all this is that I came into this world without anything and I will leave it with nothing. I have the ability to be equal to and maybe even better than everyone else therefore I live in a classless society. I was brought up never to look down on anyone, treat every one as equal. I may admire the achievements of some but I will never look up to them. I care not for what others have or dont have and so long as I stay content and healthy then I will always be happy. And every one else can kiss my ***.

But didn't your ancestors come across from Skye, raping and pillaging and steal all that land around Spean Bridge? That would effectively place you in the criminal class bracket...  :017:

Also you could be even healthier if only you could come to terms with, and beat your serious addiction to tobacco....  :018:

What part of Harris Alex? my old man originially came from Geocrab,then emigrated to Skye under a government assisted scheme in the 30's ,always maintains they were the first "white settlers" and got an affy hard time aff the resentful Skianachs.

As for the original question,being brought up in Dundee answers that ane.

What part of Harris Alex? my old man originially came from Geocrab,then emigrated to Skye under a government assisted scheme in the 30's ,always maintains they were the first "white settlers" and got an affy hard time aff the resentful Skianachs.

As for the original question,being brought up in Dundee answers that ane.

Our lot from Scalpay. Came over here long long before thirties.