FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Rankin

Ivy League

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was great last season but unfortunately in the few 1st team games he has played this season he has not demonstrated his ability.

I watched him in the pre-season against Elgin and he was definately short of the mark.

Has anyone else seen him play in the 1st team this season?

I would love to see his direct attacking style return to our game rather than the bumbling runs of Tokley!

neksor

Guest TinCanFan

I think that Alan Morgan has played better this season than Rankin though I would put JR on the bench as he is still pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring back Rankin

My top ICT team:

GK - Fraser

RB - Tokely

CB - Munro

CB - McGuire

LB - Hastings

LM - Rankin

CM - Black

CM - Duncan

RM - Cowie

ST - Wyness

ST - Brewster

Why does Roy McBain keep getting a game in front of Rankin and Morgan... the guy has no right foot... everytime he only has a right foot pass available he bottles it and turns back onto his left side... how can a professional footballer be sooooo poor and one sided

someone told me the reason he aint playing is because he stole brewsters bird :symbol_question: :symbol_question: :symbol_question:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You really need a better source.  :015: :015: :015:

Rankin was garbage at the start of the season, every bit as bad as when he first signed for us. That's why he's not playing. He's a luxury (can't defend, loses the ball all the time etc. All he's got going for him is that he has a good left foot) Alan Morgan is a much sturdier, more reliable player who always puts in a shift and makes things happen.

someone told me the reason he aint playing is because he stole brewsters bird :symbol_question: :symbol_question: :symbol_question:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You really need a better source.  :015: :015: :015:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

NO

Rankin was garbage at the start of the season, every bit as bad as when he first signed for us. That's why he's not playing. He's a luxury (can't defend, loses the ball all the time etc. All he's got going for him is that he has a good left foot) Alan Morgan is a much sturdier, more reliable player who always puts in a shift and makes things happen.

i dont think too many ICT players showered themselves in glory at the start of this season, so to single out Rankin is unfair and unjust. it has been a very very slow start to the season but last nights cup game aside we have been gradually improving our overall performance. Agreed Rankin took a while to adapt to the SPL last year but when he did he became a valuable memeber of the team and i think still has an a huge amount to offer the team. I think with the current under-performances in the team both Morgan and Rankin should be given their chance to stake their claim for a place in the team. They both bring different things to the team, morgan can be used almost as a winger and as we know can swing in very dangerous crosses where as rankin has the ability to make things happen through the middle and is not afraid to shoot from outside the box, something which i think we've been lacking recently. IMO Rankin should be given a start within the next few games, fair enough not at Ibrox i think McBain would be better suited as he can defend well when necessary. (mind you did Rankin not score a screamer against the gers at the start of the year?)

Rankin didn't even travel to Ibrox yesterday.  I saw him out jogging at Inshes just before noon.

So does this perhaps suggest that Brew doesn't think he's fit or strong enough.

Even if he wasn't scheduled to be on the bench you would think he would be there as cover in case anyone got injured in the warm up. 

Does it really matter if he has sh@gged someone he shouldn't or argued with someone ? What the **** does that have to do with his on pitch performance.

Looking at some of the things over this season happening to this club is beyond a joke, what are we the fecking sky one dream team of the north :029:

if its not boardroom conspiracies its players up to no good or wage issues.

Far too many people on this thread been taken in by TV's Footballers Wives series I think.

Some of these comments are coming very close to the edge in terms of defamation, so I hope (if challenged) you can back it up with solid facts and not just hearsay.

John Rankin wasn't getting a game before Brew came. As IHE says - I am reliably informed that there is no fall out between Brew and JR, just that he doesn't fit in with Brews team selection at the moment.

article up on the official site seems to explain it pretty well,

John Rankin has been unwell the last couple of days so hopefully he will recover before the weekend, John is probably one of a couple of players who haven't been given a chance but his time will come.