FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

who goes you decide....

Tug

with there being an abundance of midfielders at tcs and brew having 10 to chose from who would you let go first in order to make way for new defenders

list taken from offical site:-

Roy Macbain

Barry Wilson

Ian  Black

Richie Hart

Alan Morgan

Russel Duncan

Don Cowie

John Rankin

Zander Sutherland

Markus Paatelainen

Garry Wood

Iain Vigurs

by my count thats 12 so maybe the p&j cant count but even so thats alot of players fighting for 4 places

purely hypothetical situation not incinuating any are going just an intresting little thought i had......

if anyone wants to make this a poll then crack on

Wood is a striker so that's 1 off the list for a start.

In all likelihood Wilson is in his last season so that's 10.

Morgan's contract expires in January has he done enough to be offered a new one?

Hart & Paatelainen contract's expire at the end of the season so the same question would apply

Roy MacBain - Been performing well as a left back. Retain.

Barry Wilson - Probably his last season anyway and seems to be more of a sub. Retain.

Ian  Black - When he has the head screwed on he is a quality player. Retain.

Richie Hart - Contract expires at the end of the season? Can see him moving on.

Alan Morgan - Could be a decent player but flatters to deceive on so many ocassions. Move on.

Russel Duncan - Performed better this season. I'd like to see him stay.

Don Cowie - Best player so far this season. Retain.

John Rankin - Still a potent thrteat from midfield. Whatever is going on I wouldn't like to see him leave. Retain.

Zander Sutherland - An exciting prospect for the future and still very young. Retain.

Markus Paatelainen - I don't see anything in Markus that we don't already have in the other midfielders. Move on.

Garry Wood - Isn't he a striker? Not seen enough to comment really but young and more of a future player than one we need right now. Retain.

Iain Vigurs - Not seen enough to comment really but young and more of a future player than one we need right now. Retain.

In a nutshell:

Move Hart, Markus, Wilson (at the end of the season) and probably Morgan on.

This would leave a midfield of

Cowie, Black, Duncan, McBain, Rankin, Xander and Vigurs.

yeah i know wood and sutherland are out on loan but the point is they are still caley players.

and as for wood being a striker the main site has him listed as midfield, iirc marius is also a midfield/striker but the site has him listed as a striker so i havent included him in the list

there may only be 10 at the club at the moment but hypothetically we could have 12 available in january fighting for 4 (or 5 if brew opts for 4-5-1 ) places.

and as for wood being a striker the main site has him listed as midfield, iirc marius is also a midfield/striker but the site has him listed as a striker so i havent included him in the list

just for clarification - the squad list on the official site is provided by a third party !!! Wood definitely a striker.

Roy Macbain - keep

Barry Wilson - till end of season

Ian  Black - keep forever

Richie Hart - keep

Alan Morgan - keep

Russel Duncan - let go

Don Cowie - keep

John Rankin - KEEP!

Zander Sutherland - keep

Markus Paatelainen - let go

Garry Wood - keep

Iain Vigurs - keep

Heres my favorite bit of cut and pate material

Zibi

Roscoe - Munro - Mguire - Hastings

Cowei - Black - Rankin - Morgan

Bayne - Nicolae

We will get there eventually!

Can't agree with letting Duncan go. He has been competent and reliable ever since we joined the SPL.

It may be true that he seldom has a spectacular performance but he rarely has a poor game either plus he's good for one wonder goal from thirty yards every season.

Guest TinCanFan

McBain - Lose

Wilson - Will be leaving soon anyway so I'd keep him until he retires

Morgan - I rate him highly - keep

Hart - lose

Duncan - lose

Black -keep

Rankin - keep

Cowie - keep

Paatelainen - keep

Sutherland - keep

Vigurs - keep

So that's 7/12 to keep plus Wilson who will bring it down to 6 when he retires.

Roy Macbain - i'm 50/50, i think he would be good to retain as a squad player as back up on the left; undecided

Barry Wilson - let his contract run out and let him progress to a coaching role within the club keep

Ian  Black - keep, think he has a big part to play in ICt's future over the next few years

Richie Hart - let his contract expire and release

Alan Morgan - Release, as mentioned above, flatters to deceive, can be effective on his game but not consistent enough

Russel Duncan - keep, highly effecive and under-rated defensive midfielder

Don Cowie - keep, vital part of the current team

John Rankin - definately keep, i think he is massively under-valued and has lots to offer the team if only given the chance, should start ahead of Roy IMO, has great vision and a great left foot not to mention he works very well with Cowie

Zander Sutherland - keep for the time being but i think he needs first team football to see whether he can cut it in the SPL

Markus Paatelainen - release, i think injury free he could be a good squad player but has a terrible injury history (though no fault of his own) and just cant see him being a sustained first team candidate

Garry Wood - Although not a midfielder i'll put forward my opinion, promising striker who should be given the chance, keep

Iain Vigurs - highy rated and looks to be a very bright prospect, keep

Paatelainen looked quite useful towards the end of last season and offers something different as a winger rather than a midfielder. I'd keep him and everyone else on the list apart from Hart and Morgan who have had long enough to prove themselves and haven't managed to hold down a place in the squad.

Clacher, TinCanFan - Is it something personal with Duncan?

He's been player of the season so far and was pretty good in the second half of last season as well.

Guest TinCanFan

Clacher, TinCanFan - Is it something personal with Duncan?

No, nothing personal I just don't rate him as much as other midfielders at the club.

I think Black is a much better defensive midfielder and is wasted as the 'creative' one, the few times we've played Rankin and Black in the middle theyve been brilliant.

I'd move Duncan on and bring in a better player for the position as backup to Black.  It's all well holding a position and being available for a pass, but the holding midfilder should be able to make a tackle and win the ball cleanly, Duncan doesnt do that aswell as Black, when he does win the ball it always ends up spinning off for a throw in at best.

No.  Its an important position, we should be looking to bring in somebody better or play Black in that role.

Roy Macbain - Was impressed by his performances as a left back and think he should be retained and used more often in this position.

Barry Wilson - Think this may be his last season as a regular starter, but think he could still have a roll to play as a super sub next season, and as he can play either left or right he makes a very useful player to have on the bench.

Ian  Black - Has come on leaps and bounds this season now that he seems to have his attitude in check.  A promising future ahead of him and hopefully we can retain his services.

Richie Hart - Despite the fact that I think he still has plenty to offer the team I can't help but think that recent events will have decided his fate, be that the clubs choice not to renew his contract or his own choice to move on.  Hope I'm wrong and he fights his way back in tot he squad and earns a contract extension.

Alan Morgan - Not one of those players who shines IMO, think he only has a contract till January but seems to be getting a chance under Brewster.  I wouldn't be too troubled if he was to move on as he doesn't offer anything more than we have elsewhere.

Russel Duncan - Don't think he gets the credit he serves most of the time and he seems to have inherited the attitude that Black dropped which isn't doing him any favours.  I think he plays an important job in holding our midfield together, but needs to stop arguing with everyone on the pitch and concentrate on his game.

Don Cowie - A no-brainer given that he's been the most consistent player we've had this season.

John Rankin - Can't understand why others seem to be getting opportunities ahead of him.  He started slowly last season but finished it strongly.  Given the choice between Rankin and Morgan I'd pick Rankin.

Zander Sutherland - Still young and he's away gaining valuable experience, would perhaps do him good to be out on loan at a slightly higher level come January to prepare him for the step up to the first team squad on a more regualr basis with ICT next season.

Markus Paatelainen - Stood out in pre-season as offering something different and seems to have a bit of class.  His current injury problems may be the deciding factor and if he isn't back and fit and getting a chance by the end of the season then I would say we need to cut our loses and let him go.

Garry Wood - As highlighted already...Woods is a striker.

Iain Vigurs - Young guy with apparent promise but lets face it, he's only getting on the bench at the moment because of the U21 rule and barring a major catastrophe then he can be viewed as no more than one for the future as things are.

How about a text vote at the end of each match and the one with the least votes leaves the Big Brewster house.  We can even get Ant and Dec to help as they always make sure votes are run fair and square. 

Sorry to the new announcer as we will have to replace him with a Geordie to read out the numbers.

We have ten midfielders available at the moment and all will be needed. We are playing more reserve games this season. We will have more midweek games in the latter part of the season to accomodate cup runs, weather and a shortened season in run up to Euro 08. Our younger players are also active in U-21/U-19 competitions. Ten or twelve isn't a lot in the broader sectrum of a football club