FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should Tokely just walk back into the team??

SMEE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a strong believer that people should be given their chances and proctor has taken his. However i believe Ross is our strongest player at that position but until Proctor makes a mistake the jersey should be his.

But i believe its only a matter of time till ross takes the jersey back. I thought proctor made several mistakes today that could have proved costly.

I also think the ross could easily play in midfield andgive us attacking options as well as huge physical presence which we miss when he's not in the team.

I think Black made up for Rossco's missing physical presence today....lol.

A couple of Proctors "mistakes" came about when he was chasing to cover other players who found themselves out of position....something you rarely see Rossco doing....probably because he's the one most often out of position.

With the setup as it was the last 2 games we don't need to be relying so much on our backs pushing forward so often, and in fact, I think we are showing up as a stronger unit when we choose to pass the ball out of these positions instead of trying to run it out all the time (or hoof it up the pitch).

Perhaps under the 4-4-2 then Rossco may have pluses to go on, but in a 4-5-1 he has nothing to offer that Proctor has not shown he is capable of doing just as well.

In answer to the post question.....No

Proctor was great in the air today and has been pretty solid during the last three games. He doesn't go AWOL up the field like Rosscoe and has more pace. It's up to Tokely to lift his game and improve his discipline.

A couple of weeks ago I would have suggested playing Rosscoe in the centre half role but Grant and Phil (no not the Mitchell Brothers) seem to be working better together now.

It's only right that David Proctor keeps his place in the team in return for his good performances.

Two seasons ago Rosscoe couldn't do anything wrong. In the eyes of many he was greater than Superman, won every award for player of the season, scored goals with amazing overhead kicks etc, etc..

Funny how things can change in so short a space of time?  :024:

Interesting contrast between the two this afternoon: Ross getting forward swerving past defenders and putting the ball into the box, but looking a little rusty back defending; Proc rarely getting upfield during open play but looking sound in defence: it's a right-back against a right wing-back, apples and oranges. Nice to have both. Which do you play? Glad I'm not the manager. 

Thought Proc had a decent arvo.  He's been pretty good during his spell in the side and has helped stabilise things during a ropey spell.

Roscoe gave us an extra dimension when he came on today, and was part of one of our most excellent moves with a wee reverse one-two in the corner.  The fact that the other mob were tired meant that his attacking tendencies and lack of change of pace  :023: were less noticeable than usual.

But one player doesn't make a team in most cases, and both Proc and Roscoe play from the heart, and as importantly, for the shirt.  Surely the player in posession of the jersey should stay in the team until he no longer merits it :024:

Well, as I said, Ross is a good old fashioned wing back - midfielders like Duncan are always going to need to back-fill for him - but it depends on what you're after and what you're playing against. With a strong right winger (Cowie, for all his MoM, didn't produce his best performance today) do you need the wing back? Do the opposition have a strong left wing which needs both to counter on the break? Or do you need someone in a purely defensive role? I reckon Proc was the correct choice today, all things considered, but we also saw what Ross brings to the table.

• 1 month later...
Guest fpbc1935

Why is it that Craig Brewster thinks Tokely is indispensable. How on earth he got man of the match on Sunday was ridiculous. Ian Black was outstanding in controlling the midfield. Tokely going forward is excellent but he is meant to be a defender. He runs like he is treading water, lays off the opponents far to far, and constantly has our defence in trouble as he is so slow.  Proctor has played outstanding every time i see him and will be the first one to be dropped when McGuire comes back when its should be Tokely, and Proctor should play full back. I heard that some people were saying he had Burke in his pocket on Sunday, what rubbish. Burke made numerous unchallenged crosses into the box as Tokely was so slow in challenging. The only saving grace was that Walter changed his system and played Burke on the right in the second half and Hastings controlled him. Tokely was shocking at Hibs in the cup but as usual Brewster plays him. God knows why?

Why is it that Craig Brewster thinks Tokely is indispensable. How on earth he got man of the match on Sunday was ridiculous.

Tend to agree with you.  Tokeley's MOM was very strange, especially after wasting that glorius chance right at the end.  Its good to have competition for places.  I think Proctor is better at right back than in the centre of defence, and is worthy of a decent run there at Ross's expense.

Oh dear we're back here again.

Personally I think it's time we picked on some of the other imposters in the team and leave our old friend Rosco alone this week, any takers?

At least he tries to get forward more than others, that's for sure. Ok he's not perfect does make some mistakes, but that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. His performances generaly, in my opinion, are still good. And when he goes forward others can see and cover it, that's what being in a team "team" is about.

I'll do you a deal, as I like to think I'm an honest man, when I think Rosco has stopped performing I'll be the first to let you know.  

In the meantime, he can be our new centre forward AKA Lee Wilkie!

quotey quotey by fpbc1935  "How on earth he got man of the match on Sunday was ridiculous"

Now lets see, how do you think he got Man of the Match.  Couple of things here.

The decision to give Rossco MoM was given before he missed the chance at the end of the game.

As far as I understand, MoM at the stadium is decided by people who sponsor the game in some way, no panel of experts, just people in the sponsors group.  Maybe not the most scientific way to decide something that will upset the fans, but someones got to do it.  If he was given MoM on the radio then that is different and probably has more credence.

For what it's worth, although there is no pleasing some folk, I thought Rossco performed well, despite the miss, but he was in the right place to have a go, more than can be said for some of the players.  Have you based this decision to berate Rossco on actual opinions gained during matches or just from some opinions on football forums, because as you can see opinions vary. 

Was he MoM, for me it was Ian Black, and he has been for the last month.  I agree with Ron.

I think you should give Rossco a wee bit of credit, that he made himself space and was that far forward at that stage of the game chasing an equaliser needs acknowledgement.

Burke got past him a couple of times, and he made Burke turn back a few more, so he did well, not MOM in my mind but the guys effort can never be questioned.

Why is it that Craig Brewster thinks Tokely is indispensable. How on earth he got man of the match on Sunday was ridiculous. Ian Black was outstanding in controlling the midfield. Tokely going forward is excellent but he is meant to be a defender. He runs like he is treading water, lays off the opponents far to far, and constantly has our defence in trouble as he is so slow.  Proctor has played outstanding every time i see him and will be the first one to be dropped when McGuire comes back when its should be Tokely, and Proctor should play full back. I heard that some people were saying he had Burke in his pocket on Sunday, what rubbish. Burke made numerous unchallenged crosses into the box as Tokely was so slow in challenging. The only saving grace was that Walter changed his system and played Burke on the right in the second half and Hastings controlled him. Tokely was shocking at Hibs in the cup but as usual Brewster plays him. God knows why?

What a positive first post. I look forward to many other contributions to this site from fpbc1935.

And when did Burke get a decent cross in by the way?

Are you kidding me Burke ran rings round Tokely in the first half him n McBain were clueless as to what they were meant to be doing defending wise!  Improvement in the second half but that was when Burke was terrorising Hastings instead.  I thought Burke was their best player by a mile though so might be being a bit harsh here just don't agree that Tokely had that great a performance and can play a lot better defending.

I was watching the match on TV and all the first half the match was ''dead...flat...poor Rangers team....devoid of ideas...etc'' according to the pundits and in no way was Rossco allowing Burks freedom to do anything.

It was when Burke was switched that he created his runs down the right.

If the other players offered the same commitment to ICT each game, that Rossco does, we would be a few points better off, in my opinion!!

I am also of the opinion that if someone 'misses a sitter' if there is such a thing, it does not nulify the previous 90 mins work that went before and therefore it is still possible to be man of the match and be the one that put the ball over the bar.

If the other players offered the same commitment to ICT each game, that Rossco does, we would be a few points better off, in my opinion!!

Check out the start of this thread. If it wasn't for Rossco we would be a few points better off. Giving away penalties, poor back passes, being sent off....oh sorry I am repeating myself.