FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius

davieB

Thought we'd best kick off the weekly Marius thread.

10/10 for him today, superb performance, and he richly deserved his goals. What thay first one (and second) meant to him, AND the team, was evident in the celebrations.

The man is class, and hopefully those goals will boost his confidence in front of goal.

Delighted for Marius today , well done  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Todays performance will surely have shut the doubters up !

next week

SUPERMARIUSGOBALLISTIC :021: :021: :021:  :icon_santa: :icon_santa: :icon_santa: SHOWCELTICTHEYRATTROCIUOS!!!!!

Absolutely delighted  :021:  I take it that Brew took my advice on how to play him !! He is a pure bargain at only ?30,000 a SPL goal !!  :023:

"The man is class, and hopefully those goals will boost his confidence in front of goal." - That was never in doubt and I sincerely hope the same - although I remain unconvinced. But again the team is playing better and the important individuals are playing better - and that is when a player of class is afforded the chance to shine through.

Have they put something in the water - perhaps we have a magical aquifer !!

One swallow does not make a summer.

Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics

Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)

IHE, I come on here everyweek and defend Marius to you. tell you how good he is etc etc. Well today.... I can't beleive I am going to say this.....he was pap....and scored 2 goals!!! :017:

He did not do what he normally does off the ball. His flicks and passes were not in evidence....Still... I am not complaining.

Admittedly he had nobody else to play for as he was up front on his own.

His first goal was a class composed lob and the second was a well buried sitter

IHE is a poor misunderstood wee soul....when everyone thought he was berating the guy, it was all reverse psychology and he's actually his #1 fan.

I actually thought that we may have got it wrong today by starting with the same team at home and I feared we would lack any penetration at the front.  I wouldn't say Niculae played poorly, but he did play differently.  On occasion he has been criticised for making the wrong decision when  going forward (passing instead of shooting and vice versa) and I think that by removing that choice it has allowed him to become more focused on the task at hand....allowing him to become a little more selfish for want of a better analogy.

I said after last weeks game that I didn't think he could operate as a lone striker...but in a setup where he is well supported from the Midfield then I may find myself having to eat my words if he continues to play the roll as he has done the last couple of games.....it shouldn't work, but it seems to be and I ain't going to complain.

The only question that will arise in the near future is...How the feck do you fit Wyness back in to the setup???

IHE, I come on here everyweek and defend Marius to you. tell you how good he is etc etc. Well today.... I can't beleive I am going to say this.....he was pap....and scored 2 goals!!! :017:

He did not do what he normally does off the ball. His flicks and passes were not in evidence....Still... I am not complaining.

Admittedly he had nobody else to play for as he was up front on his own.

His first goal was a class composed lob and the second was a well buried sitter

cant say i agree with that, by no means do i think marius has played his best yet but i think his passing, hold up play and shooting was brilliant today.

good point CaleyD, on the evidence of todays performance i think wyness and tokely will struggle to get into the team

McBandy  :011: Like me you always say it as you see it - I have to admit that I find it quite disappointing as I hoped that Marius had played well as well as scored.

But fer you and Caley D - and repeating myself but prior to the game I posted:

I would love to see Brew going fer a 4-5-1 at home - and leaving the side unchanged - with Bazza coming on EARLIER and Bayne to run his guts off in the closing 10-15 minutes - when Marius is invariably fecked. Niculae looked really uncomfortable last week but away from home is a far different game. Playing Niculae up front alone at home is what I have been calling fer since day one - either as a lone striker or with Wyness running the lines in front of him. Niculae simply has to stop going so deep as he practically needs a feckin taxi to get back up front again.  Lets use the mans' skills fer fecks sake. Cowie,Black Rankin, Proctor,Wilson running from deep on to his lay offs and flicks - Cowie and Wilson using width on the flanks. McBain is yer extra "holding" option even if it turns him into the Invisible Man.

And whilst I am revering Marius - lets use him more tactically at corner kicks. He has some feckin footballing sense - stop getting him to attack the front post or the middle of the goalmouth - start letting him ghost in at the back post - he is more lucky to have the presence of mind where to go and what to do.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics

Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)

I would love to see Brew going fer a 4-5-1 at home - and leaving the side unchanged - with Bazza coming on EARLIER and Bayne to run his guts off in the closing 10-15 minutes - when Marius is invariably fecked. Niculae looked really uncomfortable last week but away from home is a far different game. Playing Niculae up front alone at home is what I have been calling fer since day one - either as a lone striker or with Wyness running the lines in front of him. Niculae simply has to stop going so deep as he practically needs a feckin taxi to get back up front again.  Lets use the mans' skills fer fecks sake. Cowie,Black Rankin, Proctor,Wilson running from deep on to his lay offs and flicks - Cowie and Wilson using width on the flanks. McBain is yer extra "holding" option even if it turns him into the Invisible Man.

Have to hand it to ya IHE......that just about sums up the day's game perfectly !! :notworthy02:

Personally I thought Marius was sharn !! can't believe he missed a sitter for the hat-trick !! :tic01: :tic01: :tic01: :tic01:

Scotland on Sunday says Marius was booked for his celebration after the second. Can't say I noticed anything, anyone else see the card produced?

I didn't see anything.... Struck me the rest of the team were every bit as delighted as Marius was (with both goals)...

That was good to see....  :022:

I didn't see a card either.

SoS has this though... 'Niculae's initial shot was cleared off the line by Darren McCormack but the ball returned to the striker who made sure of it second time round, ramming it low into the Hibs net. Niculae then was booked for over-celebrating. ' :017:

I never seen him get booked and all the other media reports McGuire as the only booking of the match.

As for Marius........he has the skill, his goals were well taken, but he was never my MotM. That honour goes to Rankin for me. Niculae is seriously lacking pace for the loan striker role but maybe it'll come.

Lone strikers don't need to have pace so long as they are ably supported by the midfield both from the centre and the wide areas with one of the left or right sided wide men tucking in to act as a secondary forward. Rankin I felt did this well by supporting from midfield superbly and I agree I thought he was perhaps a good candidate for MotM.

I watched the BBC highlights and they miss out his 2 chances in the 2nd half.

Lone strikers don't need to have pace so long as they are ably supported by the midfield both from the centre and the wide areas with one of the left or right sided wide men tucking in to act as a secondary forward.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: Thank you RIG - somebody has finally got the feckin message - as well as Brew.  :022:

But they have to gel into the system.  :023: