FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clach book on eBay

The Mantis

"Caley all the Way" by Alex Main 1986. Softback and hardback. Second hand shops only. I doubt if you'll see many copies down your way  :015:

That mearlach Leakey occasionally has a copy. I got a hardback copy in Edinburgh a while back.

"Caley all the Way" by Alex Main 1986. Softback and hardback. Second hand shops only. I doubt if you'll see many copies down your way  :015:

That mearlach Leakey occasionally has a copy. I got a hardback copy in Edinburgh a while back.

Thanks Mantis, I'll see what I can find.  If unsuccessful I'll try Leakey's next time I'm in Inverness.

Thanks Mantis, I'll see what I can find.  If unsuccessful I'll try Leakey's next time I'm in Inverness.

And people complain about prices of tickets for the Caley Stadium!? I take it Mantis is using Gaelic when the quotes the word "mearlach"!

I went into Leakeys a couple of years ago and thought I had got a reasonable enough deal for two manky looking but interesting tomes which I thought he was selling me for 80p. He did indeed give me a strange look when I gave him a pound coin because it transpired he was wanting 18 quid!!! ****'s teeth, one of them only cost ?1 7s 6d new!

I left the books on his counter and walked out of the shop.

Back in the day I used to spend a fair bit of time in Auld Reekie's 20 or so second hand bookshops.

I have to say Leakey's prices were always worse than Edinburgh ones. I've also seen the dismissive way he talks to people who come in with books to sell. Mearlach indeed  :015:

I had a good laugh one day listening to a woman in the indoor market going into rant mode about him but I'd better say no more.......

Kingsmills, I got a brand new copy of 'In a Different League' a few years back in Ottakars (Blackwell's?), probably when it said Thin's above the door. I remember it was 3 quid and they had a load of them. Again, you'd have to nose about the second hand shops to get it now.