FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Robson

Ronaldo

today he said cheerio with a couple of goals and i hope we had a sell on clause to get some money as well

God I hope we do have a sell on clause but I'm really not sure we do  :007:

Motherwell got over 500k for Faddy's move to Birmingham

any sell-on clause is only likely valid for the length of his first contract at his new club, not for life .... think I am right in saying Robson has gone well beyond that first contract and we will get a big fat zero even if we did have a sell-on clause in the original deal.

any sell-on clause is only likely valid for the length of his first contract at his new club, not for life .... think I am right in saying Robson has gone well beyond that first contract and we will get a big fat zero even if we did have a sell-on clause in the original deal.

That being the case, why would Motherwell gain as Fad was certainly not in his first contract with Everton?

Must say I would love to see him at Newcastle and it might benefit Scotland in the long run and make it easier for us to beat united in the league :014:

BBC reporting that 2 bids are rejected from Nottingham and Burnley. From reports in the newspapers the bids were between 750k and 1million.

Here's hoping this spurs the likes of Newcastle and Birmingham into action to bid between 1.5 million and 2 million.

Although, If Daniel Cousin is worth 3 million....  :024:

Surley our Director of Football should know if ICT put a sell on clause in the Robson deal!!

He will do but the amount we would get depends on how much Robson goes for. That Bennet will not know thus any amount we get from a sell on will also not be know.

One thing Bennet does surely know is that Eddie Thompson will not simply be sending us the cheque promptly after any sale goes through.

In addition to the likelihood of lengthy payment terms, I would expect the Grocer to seek some sort of renegotiation of our sell on clause, along the lines of :

"we have received an offer for Barry of ?1m, but by the time we give you your 20% I only get ?800k and it's not worth selling him for that. But if you were willing to reduce your cut to 5% I'd get ?950k and would accept the offer. So you have the choice of getting ?50k or nothing. Which would you prefer? Oh, and I hear that Niculae chap is costing you a lot of money, so being a generous chap I'll take him off your hands on a free transfer."

Probably more along the lines of "I'd better take ?800k for him than let him leave for nothing at the end of his contract"  Robson is 29 now, 18 months of his deal left I think.  Nobody is going to pay big money for a 31 or near 31 year old.  As the guy has pumped ?5m of his own money he'd probably want some return.

If we were getting 20% for arguments sake,  I would assume he'd go for something around ?1.25 - ?1.3 million.  We get ?200k they get ?1,050,000 and make a ?1m profit!

I don't think he'll go in January though,  probably the end of the season.

Heard from an Arab that there was a clause in the sale of Barry Robson to Dundee Utd that Inverness were entitled to money if he was sold on? Could be ?50k or 10% of transfer fee?

Can anyone clarify?

Brewster could do with the money and if it is 10% then that could be upto ?150k  :003: :003:

One thing Bennet does surely know is that Eddie Thompson will not simply be sending us the cheque promptly after any sale goes through.

Good point. Did United ever pay the money they owed Ayr for Conway?

What was the fee for Robson? I had it in my mind it was a Bosman. It can't have been if there was a sell-on.

Good point. Did United ever pay the money they owed Ayr for Conway?

I believe it went to tribunal and they eventually got paid 10 months after he signed for United

Always thought it was a shame CC never spotted the potential of Conway especially when he played against us twice in the Scottish Cup

If Robson signs for Celtic this week it should encourage players like Ian Black, Zander and all the younger lads on our bench not to give up. In Ian's case I think if he is patient he could become an established star before Robson and Hartley did but if he gets impatient he could drift downwards. Working with Marius should show him he has to pace his career over the next 10 years not seek a big move and slip into a rut and then go backwards.

It will be congratulations to the Ginger Whinger if he moves. He overcame our notorious barracking of his returns to the Caledonian Stadium.