FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]See the stats etc after the game has ended by choosing today's game from HERE[/li] 
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]At the game ? SUBMIT A MATCH REPORT [/li]

LINEUPS

ICT

[attach=1]

DUNDEE UTD

[attach=2]

post-2-1203171658.gif

post-4-1203171658.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest Scotty.....your not missing much!

but you always think you are.  :004:

Text commentary doesnt look inspiring for either side .. 50/50 possesion, 1 shot on target from DUFC, 4 off-target from ICT and about 8 fouls each.

Just got a reply ......

Hi Scott,

Thanks for pointing this out to us - there was a technical glitch with this stream which was blocking it to non-UK users. We've relaunched the stream so fingers crossed you should be able to get the second half. Thanks again and hope this helps

Yours

Stevie Miller

BBC Scotland Sport

in other words, they blocked it the way they normally do with most games these days but realised they had screwed up when they got this message !!

"This feed is not loading. Neither team has exercised its media rights to block coverage outside the UK so it should not be blocked. Please advise .... Well V Gretna is not much fun for a Caley Thistle fan !!!"

Same here in Vancouver, Canada--only I tried both the ICT V Dundee United  and the Gretna games but both are blocked (apparently).

The BBC chooses to state against one game that the match is unavailable and on another says nothing. But both always seem to be blocked.

Since, as Scotty says, the ICT game was supposed to have been broadcast, frankly it's virtually impossible nowadays for an overseas listener to know at any time whether any game is being broadcast or not.So you take your chances and I got up at 5 a.m this morning just in case it was on at 1400 hrs. And, as Scotty also says, the game may not be too thrilling but for us overseas it is the only weekly thrill we can access. I think I will have to get "into touch" with Mr Smith again.

I also noticed that the Sportsound page says that the game started at 1500 hrs whereas another of the BBC Sports pages stated that it was to start at 1400 hrs.

Did you say you are listening to the Gretna game--how?

:029: :cdn:

SP - I listened to the Gretna game via the main BBC Radio Scotland site at bbc.co.uk/radioscotland and finally got the other feed when SMEE posted that link although I dont know if it was SMEE's link or the fixing of the problem as mentioned in the email that made it work. I know that the links on bbc.co.uk/sportsound were not working.

Anyhoo - I have chastised others for taking the matchday thread off-topic before, so if we need to talk more about audio problems, lets start another thread somewhere  :004:

What the feck is Brew playing at ya mean - He starts Denzil last week and hooks him completely out - Wilson looks really sharp last week and he hooks him completely out - Patti thankfully comes back but with only 10 minutes to go but Imrie is favoured to start- Royster retains his place despite recent insipid performances - He puts Watt on the bench despite playing Bayne at centre half in midweek - and the Messiah is hooked yet again after 60 minutes.  :029: :029:

I am having second thoughts about travelling to Well.  :018:

Not the best of games apart from the last 10 mins.

First 45...we were poor, they were worse.

Second 45....we got off to a positive start but seemed to be afraid to have a go at the goal and insisted on trying to walk everything in.  Lost the goal against the run of play and it would have been an injustice if the game had ended with a loss.  Marcus found himself in the right place at the right time and the ball fell to his feet and he had little to do but put it away.

We squandered far too many opportunities today and the team seemed to be afraid to push forward.  No point playing 5 across the middle when they're sitting on the toes of the back 4.

Imrie.....what a signing, he would have got my MotM.  Chases everything, not afraid to run at defenders (even ones twice his size), solid in the tackle and doesn't give up possession easily either.

Duncan + McBain....our weak links today I'm afraid.  Far too often they wanted to play the ball backwards instead of pushing forward.  On a couple of occasions Niculae found himself in space up front only to see McBain pass it the other way and I think Duncan passed the ball back to the defence more often then he played it forward or even sideways.

Niculae was crying out for someone to play off of up front in this match but got very little support from the midfield, and then when we do decide to take on another forward it's a straight swap and doesn't do anything to improve the situation.

As for the decision to hook Black for Marcus.....totally baffling, as I said, Duncan and McBain were crying out to be hooked, so to take off Black who was having a decent enough game and move McBain inside to accommodate Paatelinien when he was having a bit of a mare just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

A draw was probably a fair enough result over the 90 minute4s, but I thought we looked capable of snatching the win in the last 10 minutes....if only we had stepped up the pace with 20 minutes to go instead then we might have come away with the 3 points.

I agree with most of the above CD, but Black wasn't having his best game, Roy for me was playing pretty well and Duncan, for all his return to woefully inaccurate passing and lack of invention, provides a good presence in that holding position as well as cover for Ross when he gets forward. It was the right switch to make, for once.

Imrie - rough diamond. Lets hope they don't polish him too much too quickly, or we'll find it impossible to hold on to him for long.

Fair result; think we just edged it toward the end, but I'll take a return to the top six.

boosh! good move by the brew

A few raised eyebrows when Blackie was removed instead of Roy, but hey it worked. Markus started of by running out of steam heading for the corner flag, just like Davy Ross used to do, but redeemed himslef with a well-taken, but not difficult goal. We need finishers. Welldeserving of a contract.

Aswas Roscoe who raised his game in the 2nd half, including a lung bsuting run up the LEFT wing. Did a lot of supply today.

Allin all a big disapointment though. First half was execrable, the tempo picked up in the 2nd, and we saw that Arabs were there for the taking. Their goal was a result of ball-watching, I thik, and largely against the run of play.

Imrie is going to be well worth a start. Bighearted, committed and skilled. Good going forward, but still a lot to learn about the SPL. A good bit of business.

Bayne also came on to good use.

Cowie worthy of his MOM, but a few slow starters in the first half, made this a missed chance.