FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Refreshing article in paper

Bronson

Read an article in todays P&J re Ross Tokely. Ross was interviewed and spoke about being having to decide between a new contract at ICT or possibly moving to english team. He goes on to say that he's very settled in sneck and is proud of what he has achieved in his time here. He also says that the grass is not always greener.

With all the talk of players not happy with new offers it was refreshing to hear him say He didn't feel he needed an agent to negotiate his new deal with club.

Although Ross may not be every suporters cup of tea, hats off to him for showing loyalty to the club. I only wish every player had the same positive outlook.

I would post a link but i'm a bit thick when it coms to these things. maybe someone else could !!!

Wow, not a single poster has an opinion on one of our only positive stories of recent months. If this was a thread to slag any random player, bet it would be into its 9th page by now!  :008: :020:

Thing is Bronson it's only a positive story if you are a fan of Tokely and recently there have been a growing number of posters who feel that he might not be offering the club what he used to. As a result this isn't a positive story in their eyes.

No worries Bronson, a lot the positive posters have taken a back seat due to the rubbish posted.  

Rossco is not in vogue with some of the younger supporters at the club.  Expectations have overtaken reality and dreams have become visions of the future.  Personally, I believe Rossco is offering what he has always done, full commitment to ICT.  Sometimes ungamely but always doing his best for ICT.  He can be let down by others around him, and he has also had a couple of blemishes on his CV.  But I would rather have him in the team than some of the others who are only here for the beer.

Cheers Rossco, now get out there and get us a couple of goals.

I meant to comment on this thread but got waylaid with administering others .......

I am delighted Rossco has signed on again. He may not be the most skillful player in the SPL but we have had 100% effort and commitment from him for a long long time. solid, dependable and loyal, another true ICT legend.  :021:

On another bright note - have seen comments on a couple of other websites indicating Wyness is about to put pen to paper on a 2 year deal.

There are a few players who when you chat to them their passion for ICT is evident, Rossco is one as is Grant Munro and Micheal Fraser (not saying there are not others - just going by personal experience).  I'd rather have these players in an ICT shirt than someone who feels we're just a stepping stone or that they should be somewhere bigger.

Nice one Rossco, hope Denzil wont be too far behind.  :clapping03: :021:

Yip - Rosscoe is, was and always will be a local legend - no matter of the future. He has even been able to put aside the behind the scenes bollicks which threatened to see him leave the club. Ya can all have yer opinions on him and he has had a topsy turvy season but the man is always 110%.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I agree every time ICT stepped up a grade Roscoe proved he was up to the task. He may not be the most skillful player in the SPL but he's certainly one of the most committed.

I, for one, am delighted that it looks like he'll see out his career at ICT.

Or, to put it more succinctly, I agree with IHE !

I'm all for bringing in creative players and players who offer something a bit different to the norm, but the success of ICT has been based on players who are honest, hard working and play for each other and the shirt.  This is something which seems to be lacking a great deal of late and aside from the fact that I do actually think Tokely has been one of the more consistent players this season, he epitomises what has got ICT where it is today and he would have been a sore loss.

I also think it's time to give him the Captains Armband and have him lead the team....nothing against Munro, I just don't think he is a natural leader or passionate enough to be getting the guys fired up.