FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chairman resigns

L_G

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there wasn't going to be much discussion on here this weekend. Surprised to read this, but like others have said I wouldn't be complaining with DS in the seat again. One thing about the article though, how Savage made the point of the importance of the relationship with clients in his business being one of the main reasons for standing down. With all that's been said about the lack of communication from club to fans, that's one area that it seems didn't click at ICT during Mr. Savage's time as chairman

Shame nobody seems to have anything nice to say about the outgoing Mr Savage. It's hard to say whether he was a good chairman or not assuming that most of us punters haven't a clue about the finer technicalities of what his job actually entails.

Fair play to him for pushing the boat out and paying Niculae's wages out of his own pocket.

I think the whole project of trying to set up an eastern european scouting network showed that he had ambition, although perhaps his strategy was a little unrealistic.

At the end of the day under his tenure we stayed in the SPL, stayed in the black and posted a healthy profit. That's a success in my book.

Cheers!  :sillywave:

A Chairman without the full support of the Board and the staff is on a hiding to nothing and IMO that's the situation Alan Savage found himself in at ICT.  I don't for one second believe he was without his faults but he was constantly being undermined and had his hands tied on many things which he wanted to do.

I'm a great believer that people should be allowed to succeed or fail by their own means and although I also think that he is/was the wrong type of Chairman for ICT right now, he never really had the opportunity to do things his own way.

I haven't always agreed with things Alan Savage has said or done and as Chairman he must accept that the buck stops with him, however I am aware that much of the criticism lumped on him during his time here should have been directed elsewhere and that had it done been for one other person then certainly the relationship between club and fans would not have degenerated to the level it has.

All being said, the bottom line is that the last couple of seasons have seen a lot of unrest and instability at ICT, something we've never had before and something which wasn't doing us any favours.  Something was going to give and if it had been a  straight choice between Alan Savage and someone else then it would have preferred that the other person be shown the door.

I've been as critical as the next person about how things have been going, but I still thank Alan Savage for the time he's given to ICT.

I now await, with more than a little apprehension, the appointment of our next Chairman.

A Chairman without the full support of the Board and the staff is on a hiding to nothing and IMO that's the situation Alan Savage found himself in at ICT.  I don't for one second believe he was without his faults but he was constantly being undermined and had his hands tied on many things which he wanted to do.

I'm a great believer that people should be allowed to succeed or fail by their own means and although I also think that he is/was the wrong type of Chairman for ICT right now, he never really had the opportunity to do things his own way.

I haven't always agreed with things Alan Savage has said or done and as Chairman he must accept that the buck stops with him, however I am aware that much of the criticism lumped on him during his time here should have been directed elsewhere and that had it done been for one other person then certainly the relationship between club and fans would not have degenerated to the level it has.

All being said, the bottom line is that the last couple of seasons have seen a lot of unrest and instability at ICT, something we've never had before and something which wasn't doing us any favours.  Something was going to give and if it had been a  straight choice between Alan Savage and someone else then it would have preferred that the other person be shown the door.

I've been as critical as the next person about how things have been going, but I still thank Alan Savage for the time he's given to ICT.

I now await, with more than a little apprehension, the appointment of our next Chairman.

might well be right on all counts CD!  :003:

Shame nobody seems to have anything nice to say about the outgoing Mr Savage. It's hard to say whether he was a good chairman or not assuming that most of us punters haven't a clue about the finer technicalities of what his job actually entails.

very true.

I only ever had limited dealings with him for our Q&A session but he seemed decent enough at that time. I do also tend to agree with CaleyD comments too.

With the Bank of Scotland investing heavily in DS's Tulloch Homes, one hopes there could be more money made available to CB...

I don't think that there will be much money forthcoming from Tulloch Homes, Barrett Homes or any other Homes for the next two years or so!!

Wondering if perhaps you live in some housing depressed market area in Englandshire, Absent Friend....?

Try reading the article that Alex thoughtfully posted a link to....

Article

Sutherland's just been on North Tonight and ruled himself out the chairmanship of ICT...  George Fraser was suggested as the favourite to take over the reigns...

He also said that breaking the club's pay structure with the signing of Marius was perhaps not the board's best ever decision and was something that would have to be re-assessed.

I completely agree with what David Sutherland said regarding the signing of Niculae.

What Sutherland said - " breaking the club's pay structure with the signing of Marius was perhaps not the board's best ever decision and was something that would have to be re-assessed. "

What he meant - Signing Marius was the boards worst ever decision and was not a decision I would have made. If I have anything to do with it Marius will not be here next season"

:003:

Fair play to him for pushing the boat out and paying Niculae's wages out of his own pocket.

I think the whole project of trying to set up an eastern european scouting network showed that he had ambition, although perhaps his strategy was a little unrealistic.

At the end of the day under his tenure we stayed in the SPL, stayed in the black and posted a healthy profit. That's a success in my book.

Cheers!  :sillywave:

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest Surge

Having worked with both members ICT & Orion in the past years and for one have witnessed and appreciated the ambitiousness of Mr Savages actions whilst at the helm.

As suggested it may well of been his "hands being tied" an not always having room to act. In fairness this was done on the board's best interest, but if we all sat around and played by the rules nothing would change and grow.

Alan has been very successful in his life starting from virtually nothing, to a company with ?500 Million Turnover per year.

It seems that he tried to utilise this similar ambitious streak in order to further Ict abilities for both staff, players & fans, although he was always met with constraints.

I understand that his ideas were sometimes not met with the same level of enthusiasm as perhaps as alternative goals were sought (No Pun) but we should at least appreciate the positive aspects of his reign as im sure he will continue to support the club he ways that his schedule allow.    :clapping03:

Guest birdog

[quote He also said that breaking the club's pay structure with the signing of Marius was perhaps not the board's best ever decision and was something that would have to be re-assessed.

meaning that we have no ambition. (to accumulate you have to speculate) -something DS as a businessman you would have had to do in the past!

I would not say it was a lack of ambition, I think he means it was a bad move because Marius is getting so much more than the rest of the squad, a large number of that squad have been very much involved in getting ICT where we are today. It was a bad move because it has totally unsettled the core of the team. A decent businessman would know that if you upset your workforce your business will suffer.

Having worked with both members ICT & Orion in the past years and for one have witnessed and appreciated the ambitiousness of Mr Savages actions whilst at the helm.

As suggested it may well of been his "hands being tied" an not always having room to act. In fairness this was done on the board's best interest, but if we all sat around and played by the rules nothing would change and grow.

Alan has been very successful in his life starting from virtually nothing, to a company with ?500 Million Turnover per year.

It seems that he tried to utilise this similar ambitious streak in order to further Ict abilities for both staff, players & fans, although he was always met with constraints.

I understand that his ideas were sometimes not met with the same level of enthusiasm as perhaps as alternative goals were sought (No Pun) but we should at least appreciate the positive aspects of his reign as im sure he will continue to support the club he ways that his schedule allow.    :clapping03:

Unfortunately Allan Savage took ICT no further forward from the healthy position we were in when he was handed the reigns...

Some might even argue we actually took a few steps backwards...  :018: