FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster's take on the Season.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I had to laugh when i heard Craig Brewster's interview after todays game and he said he was happy with the season.

I would like the fans view on this because i think it was a DISASTER?

Guest Mahonio

I am glad you ain't manager then!!

We should be aiming for top 6 after 3 seasons in bottom 6 which to me is totally unacceptable.

I tend to agree with Blackie on this one.  We have had a slow start to the season and considering the position we were in before he took over we have done well.............well.................well..................we have done okish, next year is judgement year.

mahonio or whatever your username is get a reality check.................................................or are you winding us up.

It would be an understatement to say this hasn't been one of our best seasons, but at least we're still in the SPL and I hope things are going to be very much better for us in season 2008/2009.

:022: :022: :022:

Guest TinCanFan

The disaster will come next season when we get relegated!

Rosscoe's right, from what I've heard, Hamilton are more that capable in the SPL and if Brew don't fix the problems of stuff like the defence problems, it'll be bye bye SPL for ICT.

Optimism alive and well I see. :017:

When Brew arrived all of us would have been happy just to survive in the league at all so a job well done and anyone who believes otherwise needs a good shot of reality, I was expecting to be in a real dogfight for relegation after the first quarter of the season.

Next season will be important and a lot will depend on what players come in over the next few months to replace the ones who have left. As for hopes for next year a top six would be amazing but more realistic would be a decent cup run and to see us playing some good football (as we did under Charlie) and getting results.

Twelve teams in this league all want top six. We have no more right than any other to be there. Three thousand ST holders will never be enough to provide us with the team that can take us there so avoiding relegation will always be our goal. Anything else is a bonus. We've got players, and more will come, who have a will to win and thats what will keep us in the SPL.

We've been four seasons in this league and still we cant break the 5000 average home gate. Progress will only come if bums increase.

Guest Mahonio

At last someone that agrees with me.

Also, i am considering NOT viewing any comments as i seem to get criticised every time i air one, is this personal ******* abuse or what!!!!!!

At last someone that agrees with me.

Also, i am considering NOT viewing any comments as i seem to get criticised every time i air one, is this personal f****** abuse or what!!!!!!

I see no criticism levelled at you Mahonio. What I see is answers to your question. Fans views. The views of the real world. Everyone has an opinion and just because it differs from yours does not mean they are abusing you.

I see it like this...even if we are still in SPL in 5 seasons time....avoiding relegation is the ONLY realistic target that should be set each season. You have to be realistic about things. We are now the wee fish in a big pond, regardless of what way you want to look at it!

I think the phrase is "Thank God for Gretna"........

Yes, I'm aware we didn't finish 11th, but when we had no points from 6 games, what if Gretna hadn't been there, doing what they do best, ie being shyte?

Guest Mahonio

OK Alex, maybe i was being a bit hard on the fans who comment on my posts, it is a heat of the moment comment ok.

Our players are now as seasoned as any in SPL football,our wage bill is far and away the highest in our history and yet we finish the season in our worst ever league position since joining the SPLwith our lowest ever points total. Entertainment has usually been at a premium and all too often missing altogether.

Maybe not quite a disaster but very disappointing indeed. Unless something changes radically over the close season then I really fear for our SPL place this time next year. Hamilton Accies are unlikely to be anything like as poor as Gretna.

If st mirren are anything as inferior to us next season as they were today no way are we being relegated.

Next season is make or break, and we have to improve to meet the increasingly high standards of the fans.

I don't demand any more than to stay in the SPL, and to watch a decent game of football. I haven't seen a decent game of football since December, so I'd like to see that next season. Our away performances have been dismal.

As for St Mirren, Dargo took a while to start scoring for us, and Denzil will now have something to prove. Don't think it'll be that easy.

the season has been dissapointing but not a disaster. Next year is judgement year for us & CB....

Also its a double edge sword...ICT cant buy the players we need if we dont increase our home crowd....and it seems people stay away because there are no big players at the club ( not my words!!)

CB has another 12 months to improve our record

Also its a double edge sword...ICT cant buy the players we need if we dont increase our home crowd....and it seems people stay away because there are no big players at the club ( not my words!!)

This is an utterly bizarre excuse not to watch a team. MOST teams have no big name players, all around the world...

And if we bought Kaka, we'd sell out every week? I don't think so.