FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster's take on the Season.

Guest Mahonio

My personal opinion is that it was far from a good season.  Much of that feeling/opinion comes from all the off the field sh**e which we have been subjected to in the last 12 months.

Let's be honest, we've blundered our way through this season and any "success" has been despite and not because of the actions of the club in many regards.

I'll take the end result and go on happy (enough) given the fact we've survived, but I am dreading what next season will bring and honestly believe we are shaping up to witness the worst season in the clubs history.  I just hope and pray that 12 months from now we're not all sitting on here trying to seek some solace from the fact that "Division 1 is a far friendlier/better/more competitive league to be playing in anyway."

This season turned out to be such a disaster that only Celtic, Rangers and Dundee U scored more goals than us.

That post wins the "Clutching At Straws Award" 2007/08  :015:

ok firstly i would not say this season has been anything near a disaster :-

1 we have beaten one half of the old firm and pushed the other all the way only falling at the last gasp

2 we didnt loose to gretna

3 we more than held our own against teams that by rights should probably be hammering us

4 we may be losing a legend in wyness but if the club stays this way much longer stagnation is a real threat

5 we didnt get relegated and faired far better than killie

ok it may not be a record braeking season but if we only look at the sheet then there will be no hope of getting behind the team for the start of next season and at the end of the day is that not whats important