Season Ticket Renewals - calls from the club?

Mrs Pauliebee

Just wondered if anyone else had been telephoned about renewing?

I?ve heard from a few at work that have had enough and aren?t renewing this season.

We had a phone call from the Club last night asking why we hadn?t renewed yet?

Seems a bit desperate?

Sorry, but if you offer no incentive (as most other clubs do) to renew early, then we

have every right to hold onto our dosh until the last minute and earn the interest (paltry

as it might be) ourselves! :blah01:

Mrs PB

I haven't renewed yet. had a look at the form last night and saw that if you re apply after June the 16th or something you have to pay ?100 every month instead of ?60 (when paying by DD). Bit mince but I can't afford ?300 odd going out all at once. I was hoping to spread the cost a bit better.

Steph it aint like you to be so bitter.

One reason for the phonecall may well be they want money up front but I think the main reason is to give those who haven't yet renewed the opportunity to retain the same seat as last season. seats are being held until tomorrow then they're up for grabs to anyone.

To anyone who isn't renewing for whatever reason but still intends to go to all the home games. Your cost per game will be ?17.90 for main stand against ?25/?27 and ?15.26 for North against ?20/?22. theres also a five month interest free option to pay if ordered before 16th june.

After last years fiascoe at work regarding time off to use my season ticket, I have taken the option to pay at the gate this season when I can make games.

Many people may well be in the same boat, or just simply take a dislike to how the club is being operated at the moment. I probably only attended 50% of home games last season, and even the bairns didnt go much as they ave lost interest in going. all in all it was a wase of money. A mistake I dont intend to make again.

Holders pay a fair price for their seats, yet when they see players getting messed around during a campaign (Contract talks, rumoured dressing room bust ups etc etc) and the dull football (long ball rubbish) that has been on show, it's hardly any surprise that sales are down. And like Mrs PB said, their is no incentive to renew early. You can be a member of the centenary club or supporters club and still the rewards such as priority tickets for OF and cup matches.

I just think it's odd to chase people - we pretty much know if we want to renew or not!

Why waste time phoning round - why not investigate after you have the final figures!

Maybe I'm wrong, but the interest free option doesn't exist.  It's interest free to spread the

cost, but then there is a "small charge" of ?12.50 I think every time they debit monies from your account!

So if you spread it over 4 months - that's an extra ?50!

Maybe they can get some kind of incentive sorted out for next year?  I know they want the

money early, and staff is short in the shop, but that's not good enough!  What do they

expect when all they give us is a cr@ppy portacabin to go and buy tickets from!

They need to invest and show us why we should invest in them!

Rant over!

Mrs PB

Whilst you'll never please all the people all the time I don't think I've ever sensed such widespread dissatisfaction among the ICT support at the way things are being run...both on and off the field.  You only have to look around the forums to see it.

The scariest thing though is that not only are we seeing little effort to reverse the trend, but the club seems to have it's head well and truly buried in the sand and the thoughts and feelings of the fans are far too easily dismissed.  It's either that or those steering the ship haven't got a clue how to put it right and improve things....either way it doesn't look good.

My golfing pals, here in Aberdeen, would have welcomed a phone call as one renewed his seat at Pittodrie, where they have sat, side by side, for 6 years and the other was a day late and is now a row away.

They would definitely not have complained at a phoned reminder!

Poor administrators -damned if you do - damned if you don't!

I don't think I've ever sensed such widespread dissatisfaction among the ICT support at the way things are being run...both on and off the field.  You only have to look around the forums to see it.

Or alternativley theres a bigger number than ever of natural born whingers on this forum these days.  :020:

Or alternativley theres a bigger number than ever of natural born whingers on this forum these days. :020:

That's the attitude the club have too.  It's easy to dismiss it as "everyone's just moaning", but it hasn't always been the case and certainly not at the level we are seeing these days.

Your an intelligent man, perhaps instead of just labelling those who have criticisms as "Whingers" you could offer an alternative reason as to why more and more people are finding cause for complaint?  Or are you so far within the fold of the club that you can no longer see things from the outside?

I'm not talking about the club phoning people to chase season ticket sales, that makes sense to me, I'm talking about why  season ticket sales look to be taking a drop.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the interest free option doesn't exist.  It's interest free to spread the

cost, but then there is a "small charge" of ?12.50 I think every time they debit monies from your account!

Sorry to say Mrs PB but you ARE wrong!  :016:

There is an admin charge of 5% from the credit company to set up the instalment plan, but it's a one-off charge per ticket, so a maximum of ?17.

As for the calls seeming 'desperate', it's no more than a common courtesy to our season ticket holders who may have simply forgotten the renewal date.  We do it every year.

Tomorrow is the last day for renewing your seat before it goes on general sale? Oops! I thought it was a week or two away.

As for the calls seeming 'desperate', it's no more than a common courtesy to our season ticket holders who may have simply forgotten the renewal date.  We do it every year.

My golfing pals, here in Aberdeen, would have welcomed a phone call as one renewed his seat at Pittodrie, where they have sat, side by side, for 6 years and the other was a day late and is now a row away.

They would definitely not have complained at a phoned reminder!

Poor administrators -damned if you do - damned if you don't!

Think these quotes sum up this thread ......

I don't believe there's anything wrong or untoward about a club or society contacting it's longstanding members/customers to remind them about their renewal.  It's a nice touch - and makes us season ticket holders feel valued. Also, it's a courtesy that can add value to the club, because there will undoubtedly be waverers who will renew just because the club bothers to make the call and get in touch.

However, when my wife & I renewed last month we were disappointed that the club missed the chance to thank us for our loyalty. Howabout giving all season ticket holders an incentive to turn up at cup games? 50% off the ticket price for cup games would be a pragmatic gesture that would go down well. Why not try it as a pilot for this season and see if the gate money and the attendance figures are boosted?

Guest WynessLegend

Quite agree with you George.

People on this forum are quick to criticise the club for not encouraging higher attendances,

so it seems a bit strange to think this latest move is anything other than a good and positive one.

Well done ICT.

I was actually supporting the club RiG !!!

You said - "oops, I forgot tomorrow was the deadline"

Angela said - "we tried to phone people who might have forgotten that tomorrow is the deadline"

Just making the point that the club were being pro-active ... and using the Aberdeen comment to back up what the next complaint would be if they didnt do it !!!

Sorry to say Mrs PB but you ARE wrong!   :016:

There is an admin charge of 5% from the credit company to set up the instalment plan, but it's a one-off charge per ticket, so a maximum of ?17.

I apologise - but that's the way it was explained to me when I phoned!  :016:

We certainly didn't get a call from ICT last year!!!

I agree with Caley D, I certainly feel there is far more discontent around now!

Will the club be offering any incentives for early renewal next year?

Mrs PB

P.S.  Where's me photo from the Sponsors Night! :016:

I was actually supporting the club RiG !!!

You said - "oops, I forgot tomorrow was the deadline"

Angela said - "we tried to phone people who might have forgotten that tomorrow is the deadline"

Just making the point that the club were being pro-active ... and using the Aberdeen comment to back up what the next complaint would be if they didnt do it !!!

homer_simpson_doh_01.jpg

I wee reminder is a good thing,

People are being taken off the NHS Dental register due to forgetting to have a check up.The government would rather you came off it, than phone to remind you when the cut off time approaches.

And if you don't have the cash and find the monthly payments are too steep over too short a period, then look on a web site for the best credit card deals with interest free credit, buy your season ticket and then cut up the card and pay back, IE ?38 per month for 9 months interest free.

Sorry to say Mrs PB but you ARE wrong!   :016:

I apologise - but that's the way it was explained to me when I phoned!  :016:

We certainly didn't get a call from ICT last year!!!

I agree with Caley D, I certainly feel there is far more discontent around now!

Will the club be offering any incentives for early renewal next year?

Mrs PB

P.S.  Where's me photo from the Sponsors Night! :016:

Players are just back this week so getting round them all to sign photo's is ongoing at the moment. You'll get your in the next week or so.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

Giving up my season ticket this year has been hard, having had a season ticket since the 00/01 season.

There is still a lot the club can do to BUT IT NEEDS TO BE THOUGHT THROUGH,

The only time i got a discounted season ticket was when we were in the first division (can't remember what season/s). The club were letting U12'S in for free with a paying adult, i had paid for a season ticket, but some freinds stood at the gates and just asked people if they could go in with them so as to get in for free.

Naturally i complained to the club about this, got an apology from the club( and i think a bit of a discount off the next seasons ticket) anyway it shows that the club felt they were doing he right thing in brining in more fans but it really showed they had forgotten about the long term supporters, could this be a problem again in the coming seasons, where long term fans are just hung out to dry.

I liked last seasons dicounts at the CIS game vs Gretna where U16's got in for ?1 although i cant remember the price for adults but more of this should be encouraged for season ticket holders at cup games.

I also beleive the SPL shoould introduce some sort of system for away fans where clubs have an agreement on lower prices for away fans to accomodate for traveling expenses that are made to get to the ground(hopefully encouraging more fans to travel). but all it could take is for 1 of the OF to disagree and the SPl is forced to scrap the idea.

I will be getting my two today, I so I am one of the guilty parties.

I had a reminder through the door but no phone call, could be seen as a nice personal touch receving a call, but unfortunately not the real reason for it.

We too recieved a note through the door - which I think is enough.

A reminder to renew is welcomed but not everyone will want to renew for various reasons like I said previously.

The chances are that some people (myself inculded) may want to wait and see where their own circumstances can fit into the football calender and hope to get a half season ticket at a later stage. I for one, cannot afford, nor guarentee time off work, to justify buying a full season ticket. I am therefore resigned to not renew this year.

So a simple thanks but no thanks would suffice. 

I'm reasonably impressed that the club are being a bit proactive for a change.

I renewed mine last week as I knew I was going to be busy this week, but I would have been happy to get a quick call to remind me of the deadline.  I would hate to have lost my seat just because of an oversight on my part.

If I didn't have a season ticket, I think my best intentions of paying at the gate would dwindle and then you get out of the football habit and not only do I enjoy the football, it's one of very few things we do altogether as a family.

I know of a few people who haven't been happy with the product on the park and are chosing not to renew and I understand that totally, but is that not a different point altogether.