FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What would you do if you were in complete control of ICT?

Guest TinCanFan

I would build a disabled persons section higher up in the Bridge end with access from the rear of the stand, because where they have to sit to watch a game is criminal.

Now they have added a metal pole to the top of the wall, which means the view of the game is reduced even further, i would not be happy, very unhappy indeed.

I agree with you on this one Richard. I think the club need a bit of a rethink re their disabled policy. Not all people who have a disability require to use a wheelchair, but they are all stuck in the very front row of the North stand, which has no protection from rain or snow. Any wheelchair users are in an even worse position for shelter, and the new metal pole can make viewing the game extremely difficult. Add to this the stewards & police & subs who can block some disabled seats views completely and  add trying to view the gamewhen 2000+ people decide to leave the game 10 mins early then stand behind the goal when a bit of excitement appears. It all adds up to a very poor product.

The best disabled viewing area I have witnessed was at Tynecastle where  all wheelchair viewing points are under cover and raised above touchline height. Hearts even had a steward who was a wheelchair user.

I aree that the uncovered seats could be developed easily into a wheelchair viewpoint, providing dry viewing, exclusive disabled toilets and a raised vantage point.

I think the powers that be could benefit fro taking in a game in a wheelchair to see where things can be improved.

I remember a few years ago that Morven Reid was keen to re develop the clubs disabled policies and asked me to have an input, but due to various things it never went anywhere. Does anyone know if Morven is still at the club and what her role is?

This is something i would be interested in looking into again.