FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black Wants New Deal

RiG

I did think it was interesting that he has asked for a pay rise new contract the day after we receive a cash windfall and free up a big wage. Who's next in the queue?

Lets be fair to Ian here. The P&J chose to print this story today. The last contact Ian had with the press was on wednesday when a few of the players in Denmark were given time to be interviewed by the journo's that are out there. So if he said what was reported then he said it before the deal was official

Actually not quite true Alex - In fact quite the opposite.  Steven from the P & J has travelled with the team, so he has more contact with the team than usual. 

Teletext reporting that Black, Cowie & Munro are being offered new deals

Soooooperb!

The club might making a pigs ear of the Niculae transfer but at least they seem to be on to a winner here

I'll be delighted if these guys sign deals, it would almost be as positive as a new signing in my eyes

Glad that trio are being offered a new deal, as they could be the nucleus of our team for a few seasons yet. Mike Fraser should be on the list of immediate contract renewals as well hopefully...

Guest birdog

Teletext reporting that Black, Cowie & Munro are being offered new deals

Are these verbal contracts being offered or are the BoD going to get them cast in stone this time so that there can be no p1ssing about when they decide to cash in in the January window?

Are these verbal contracts being offered or are the BoD going to get them cast in stone this time so that there can be no p1ssing about when they decide to cash in in the January window?

:clapping03: :clapping03: - indeed. lets get them signed up on (long) contracts ASAP, on real paper, and with a pen that doesnt have disappearing ink. Munro, Cowie and Black could be the spine of our team for years to come.

If we do make any money from the Niculae transfer in the end, I would prefer to see it used wisely and securing the services of these three (and a few others) on decent deals (and dare I say it on decent wages) would be a wise move as far as I am concerned.

This paper I have never read in my life at all till yesterday. The Daily Star (it was all that was left with a Daily Record) had a small snippet with Black quoting he would like a new deal but it was up to him to earn one first. How reliable it is I don't know. Tried to get a link but it's all English stuff on the website.

There's an article in The Herald - Clicky Clicky

Sounds as if we're playing the "If you want a new contract then earn it" card....which is, IMO, a dangerous course of action with players in the final year of a contract, especially ones we should be holding on to. If they go out and have a great start to the season then they're going to be tempted on to bigger and better things and we'll end up losing for nothing or selling on the cheap come January.

I would have thought we'd learned lessons there, especially after selling Rankin for a fraction of his worth.

Now I'm confused.

Teletext has Black saying no one has offered him a new contract! :rotflmao:

Teletext are rather unreliable for any Scottish team apart from the old firm.

Thats how you could tell Niculae was going to Dinamo because the day he did it said on Teletext we had a rejected an offer from Dinamo for him.

Teletext are rather unreliable for any Scottish team apart from the old firm.

Thats how you could tell Niculae was going to Dinamo because the day he did it said on Teletext we had a rejected an offer from Dinamo for him.

I've found Teletext (ICT page is 535 for those who don't know) to be pretty good actually. They usually have some new information on what's going on every day - of course it's not always right :rotflmao:

I've found Teletext (ICT page is 535 for those who don't know) to be pretty good actually. They usually have some new information on what's going on every day - of course it's not always right :rotflmao:

I use the teletext age a lot too, normally claims to have 9 screens of info. But is actually more like 6 once you takeaway the pages of adverts!

It lists the entire squad along with games played, goals, yellows and reds. Updaed league table and the results from the last meetings against our next opponents. - I always use this prior to posting my Prediction league entry.

It is actually page 536 on teletext. Page 535 is Motherwell.

Guest birdog

I use the teletext age a lot too, normally claims to have 9 screens of info. But is actually more like 6 once you takeaway the pages of adverts!

It lists the entire squad along with games played, goals, yellows and reds. Updaed league table and the results from the last meetings against our next opponents. - I always use this prior to posting my Prediction league entry.

It is actually page 536 on teletext. Page 535 is Motherwell.

Those of us who have joined the digital revolution use page 535 but it only usually has 2 pages.