FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black Wants New Deal

RiG

Caley Thistle midfielder Ian Black has warned he will consider leaving the Caledonian Stadium if he is not offered a new contract soon.

The 23-year-old is entering the final year of his current deal with the Caley Jags and is keen to avoid long drawn-out negotiations over his future.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/756695

Well worth an extension for me. And hopefully his contract negotiations will not be reminiscent of Duncan or Wyness!

If what I heard is correct then this is just Black being the first of the players who were promised improved contracts if/when Marius was sold coming out looking for what they were promised.

Cowie was allegedly offered a deal earlier in the year but rejected it as the wages weren't high enough and he was told that the only way we could match his demands was if we sold Marius, furthermore he was told that if a new contract couldn't be agreed then he would be sold as we wouldn't risk losing him for free next summer.

I have a gut feeling we could still lose either Black or Cowie before the window closes.

Guest birdog

If what I heard is correct then this is just Black being the first of the players who were promised improved contracts if/when Marius was sold coming out looking for what they were promised.

Cowie was allegedly offered a deal earlier in the year but rejected it as the wages weren't high enough and he was told that the only way we could match his demands was if we sold Marius, furthermore he was told that if a new contract couldn't be agreed then he would be sold as we wouldn't risk losing him for free next summer.

I have a gut feeling we could still lose either Black or Cowie before the window closes.

The bold section shows how short sighted the board have been when offering contracts, two years is too short, one good season and we risk losing the players when the wolves come sniffing around. If a player has only one year left then he will go for either a nominal fee or the interested clubs will wait 6 months and tie him up on a pre-contract.

Guest birdog

I did think it was interesting that he has asked for a pay rise new contract the day after we receive a cash windfall and free up a big wage. Who's next in the queue?

To be honest if I knew that my employers had made a massive profit I'd be pushing my union reps to squeeze as much out of them as possible, wouldn't you? Footballers are human too, we all want a slice of the pie.

I did think it was interesting that he has asked for a pay rise new contract the day after we receive a cash windfall and free up a big wage. Who's next in the queue?

To be honest if I knew that my employers had made a massive profit I'd be pushing my union reps to squeeze as much out of them as possible, wouldn't you? Footballers are human too, we all want a slice of the pie.

some would say they're treated like slaves :023:

Guest birdog

some would say they're treated like slaves :023:

I think the famous "slaves" comment was aimed at the fact footballers are not free to pick and choose who they work for but in reality these guys sign a legally binding contract and are free to refuse any terms before doing so when they sign I think they should be held to that contract unless the club in question receive the compensation they feel is right.

Back on topic, I believes Black's situation is nothing like slavery, if he feels he can secure employment with better conditions than he has now he is free to do so six months prior to the expiry of his contract. It is up to ICT to decide whether they want to offer him a deal which will keep him with the club.

Lets be fair to Ian here. The P&J chose to print this story today. The last contact Ian had with the press was on wednesday when a few of the players in Denmark were given time to be interviewed by the journo's that are out there. So if he said what was reported then he said it before the deal was official

Guest birdog

Was only jehsting... if I was Black I'd be doing the same

I'd love to see Black on a 3 year contract but I imagine it would cost the club a lot of coin

Agreed.

It is up to the management of the club to decide whether he is worth what he asks and if they can't get him to compromise then we will probably see him return to us after falling victim to the "curse" :004: :tic01:

If Ian Black is keen to stay then the club should get into serious negotiations with him straight away.His best years are ahead of him.

Agreed. We should be offering him a five year deal!!!!!!!

If we are going to do something sensible with whatever windfall we get from the sale of Niculae then tieing up the likes of Black, Cowie etc on longer than our normal two year deals would get my nod.

Getting the four players - Black, Cowie, Fraser and Munro on new deals is imperative. And get Wilson a coaching role.

I read that cowie said talks are on going and he wants to stay. lets get that sorted.

If Black wants his future sorted before christmas then go out to achieve that.

And get the others sorted asap too!

It was Brewster who gave him his real chance at ICT and he probably now appreciates his strict approach.

Shearer as Assistant to brew and Barry taking the under-16's. :004:. Agree about Black's best years still to come it's vital we get him signed up.
cant see dunc getting assistant for 2 reason,s,malkys brews bosom buddy,and if dunc got it brew would feel threatened

If Black goes unless we sign someone else that will be the spine of our midfield gone because i loathe the idea of a Duncan McBain partnership, it just dosen't bare thinking about. :007: