FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hamilton Tactics

Harry Chibber

Couple of goals from set pieces for them tonight as they are currently beating Dundee United 2 - 1. I am confident but we certainly can't, and of course won't, underestimate them.

EDIT: 3 - 1 now. Front pairing "looking" lively so hopefully the defence can hold tight.

Edited by RiG

I didn't realise how big a team they are, they'll slaughter us at set pieces if we're not careful

Fraser

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Duncan

Cowie Black McBain

Barrowman Imrie

bit worried about this one...

What, bigger than Wilkie and Dods? jeez, better tell mcguire to get his spring heels on for saturday...

Accies looked good tonight. Very quick off the ball when going forward and quick to close down when defending. Cery looks a very good keeper. Pulled off some stunning saves and you could tell his defence was confident in him coming to collect cross balls.

Tougher game in prospect than the diddy seagull outfit we thrashed.

Accies were excellent - their full-backs were superb, they were hard-working in midfield and Davie Graham and Offiong up front looked lively. For us to get anything from the game on Saturday we'll need to do well in midfield. I can see Brewster sticking to the 4-5-1 formation we employed at Pittodrie to achieve this.

Not taking any credit away from Hamilton as they played well, but Dundee Utd were awful tonight for a team aiming for 3rd place. Their defence was to blame for 2 of the goals and they were pretty dire going up the pitch aswell. Both Inverness and Accies will be going into Saturday's game full of confidence on the back of deserved wins, so it should be interesting to see who comes out on top. Hamilton's defence was very well organised so that may casuse problems come Saturday..

Top of the table clash :rotflmao:

Title decider, surely.

Great game tonight and Hamilton looked really good, top 6 material based on that performance. We'll soon see if it was a one-off.

So relegation favourites ICT, Hamilton and Killie all won?!

Dont forget that last season Dee Utd made Gretna look good, Gretna then went on to get beat by everyone else, dont think Hamilton can sustain that kind of display, It was theor first SPL game at home so they were bound to be up for it.

Aye, well done Accies, always good to get off to a flier. Saw bits of the game and they seemed to be well organised at the back, similar to our style once. Might just bring out a few extra fans for the novelty experience on both sides.

Right eenuff, clash of the titans.

I wonder what odds you could have got when the fixture list came out on this being a top of the table clash ? Hamilton are going to be a handful on Saturday.

A handful indeed, they look very comfortable and mobile.

But nothing we can't deal with and give a warm highland welcome to.

Bummer. There goes the "top of the league and you're no" chant on Saturday...

mmmm, just ask jailender about those kinda comments ..... they can haunt you !!!!! Glad they might be singing it to us instead of the other way round ..... come the end of the season we will see who is still smiling LOL

Guest Acciesfan

This SPL stuff is a bit too easy :rotflmao:

Glad you lot are worrying about us on Saturday, should a really tight close game. I think we'll just play 1 up away from home rather that the 4-3-3 we played last night.

This SPL stuff is a bit too easy :rotflmao:

Glad you lot are worrying about us on Saturday, should a really tight close game. I think we'll just play 1 up away from home rather that the 4-3-3 we played last night.

From a purely selfish point of view, gutted you guys looked so well organised and dangerous.

From a football view it's great to see the new boys get off to a flyer and stuff one of the ESSSSPL old guard. Maybe the big step up we hear so much about isn't as dramatic as our "expert" pundits make out. Billy Read and Co, including your chairman, have done a fantastic job on the field and spoken truthfully, particularly about the Gretna shambles, off the field.

I hope you have a could season and finish well up the table just behind ICT!

Dream would be to watch Utd go down!

Edited by Sorted